AFL not happy with Australia's proposed bid for the 2018 or 2022 World Cup

Started by Aerlik, December 08, 2009, 11:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 08, 2009, 02:37:59 PM
What if they aren't good drivers? Would you still want them?

Christ your right, Aussies are woefull drivers, at their give way signs (yield) they just swing on to the road in an arched type approach, pure madness and the oncoming traffic does not slow, so many near missus on buses and cars drove by Aussies I was in. Of course I obeyed the rules of the road when I was driving myself.
Aussies NEVER indicate on roundabouts, wtf is that about.
Melbourne has retarded pedestrian lights, where the pedestrian has 7.5 seconds to cross and once it goes flashing lights cars can also pass over the pedestrian crossing. Cars get about 5 minutes to move compared to 7.5 seconds, bloody hell.
They have legal U-turns!!!

The biggest laugh is adverts on their tv telling people that they should not cross train-crossings while the gates are down, Im bloody serious. They have so many accidents this way its unbelivable. Their gates are only half gates unlike out full gates so you can weave through them (while a 5 kilometre long train tunnels down on you) feckn eejits.

>:(
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

haranguerer

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 08, 2009, 02:51:11 PM

Christ your right, Aussies are woefull drivers, at their give way signs (yield) they just swing on to the road in an arched type approach, pure madness and the oncoming traffic does not slow, so many near missus on buses and cars drove by Aussies I was in. Of course I obeyed the rules of the road when I was driving myself.
Melbourne has retarded pedestrian lights, where the pedestrian has 7.5 seconds to cross and once it goes flashing lights cars can also pass over the pedestrian crossing. Cars get about 5 minutes to move compared to 7.5 seconds, bloody hell.

The biggest laugh is adverts on their tv telling people that they should not cross train-crossings while the gates are down, Im bloody serious. They have so many accidents this way its unbelivable. Their gates are only half gates unlike out full gates so you can weave through them (while a 5 kilometre long train tunnels down on you) feckn eejits.

Norms the name, sensibles the game!  :D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: haranguerer on December 08, 2009, 04:10:27 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 08, 2009, 02:51:11 PM

Norms the name, sensibles the game!  :D

Don't worry I will kill myself by ignoring warnings about binge drinking, having sly smokes when drinking and eating too much red meat.  ;)

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rossfan

Quote from: Gnevin on December 08, 2009, 05:59:49 PM
..... Irish Rugby. Professionalism has created success but also created the 4 provinces we know today,

I think you'll find that the 4 Provinces have been around a lot longer than that.
Or do you think the world only began when Ahern/McCreevy/Tony O'Reilly invented the Celtic Tiger  :D

As for the FAI having the Soccer world cup in Ireland ...FFS  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gnevin

Quote from: Rossfan on December 08, 2009, 06:24:47 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on December 08, 2009, 05:59:49 PM
..... Irish Rugby. Professionalism has created success but also created the 4 provinces we know today,

I think you'll find that the 4 Provinces have been around a lot longer than that.
Or do you think the world only began when Ahern/McCreevy/Tony O'Reilly invented the Celtic Tiger  :D
For idiots like you who think they are being smart read. The 4 province who now play in Europe and Magners League. Who draw 16,000 + plus week in week out.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Rossfan

The four provinces have been around for hundreds of years.
As for rugby ....I doubt if there were any 16,000 crowds looking at the team called "Connacht"

Gnevin

Quote from: Rossfan on December 08, 2009, 06:31:45 PM
As for rugby ....I doubt if there were any 16,000 crowds looking at the team called "Connacht"
Yawn. ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Rossfan

Quote from: Gnevin on December 08, 2009, 06:34:40 PM

So how many 16,000 crowds did the rugby team called "Connacht" get? :-*

Gnevin

Quote from: Rossfan on December 08, 2009, 06:37:15 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on December 08, 2009, 06:34:40 PM

So how many 16,000 crowds did the rugby team called "Connacht" get? :-*
I believe they sell out every game. Hottest ticket in the west. In fact as the show grounds only holds 5,000 they sell every ticket 3 times or more .

Rossfan

Quote from: Gnevin on December 08, 2009, 06:39:57 PM
In fact as the show grounds only holds 5,000 they sell every ticket 3 times or more .

I hope you left a word or two out there?
Otherwise it strengthens my hatred of Rugby to think the cnuts sell 15,000 tickets and only let in 5000 :D

Gnevin

Quote from: Rossfan on December 08, 2009, 06:44:26 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on December 08, 2009, 06:39:57 PM
In fact as the show grounds only holds 5,000 they sell every ticket 3 times or more .

I hope you left a word or two out there?
Otherwise it strengthens my hatred of Rugby to think the cnuts sell 15,000 tickets and only let in 5000 :D

No that's how popular Connacht Rugby is . They can sell every ticket 3 times over .

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

If you pay into the Sportsgrounds on a friday night (Connacht home games always on friday nights) you get in to the dog racing for free (the dog track goes around the rugby pitch). The crowd at Connacht games is a rugby/dog-racing mixed crowd. Have gone to watch Connacht a few times, but if Mayo where playing a challenge game against Sligo IT in Boyle, I would go to the Mayo match first.

The GAA rule Connacht.

Rossfan

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 08, 2009, 07:34:27 PM

The GAA rule Connacht.

and long may it continue to do so.
Now if we could only get back to ruling Connacht ......