BT broadband & mobile broadband

Started by Abble, November 10, 2009, 09:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abble

i signed up recently to BT home broadband package but i also needed the mobile broadband more importantly for work purposes. now I'm not a big user or downloader, mainly viewing sports news, an odd forum and youtube. i've found that my mobile broadband is ample for my needs.

so big question now is - do i really need the home broadband if i am happy with what my mobile/dongle is providing ? i dont want to be paying on extra that i dont really need. i'm hoping the bt line rental would be ample and then i can top up for whatever mobile broadband as and when i need.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Abble on November 10, 2009, 09:15:18 PM
i signed up recently to BT home broadband package but i also needed the mobile broadband more importantly for work purposes. now I'm not a big user or downloader, mainly viewing sports news, an odd forum and youtube. i've found that my mobile broadband is ample for my needs.

so big question now is - do i really need the home broadband if i am happy with what my mobile/dongle is providing ? i dont want to be paying on extra that i dont really need. i'm hoping the bt line rental would be ample and then i can top up for whatever mobile broadband as and when i need.
I think you already know the answer. If you have a dongle and laptop at home and don't cane the internet access then I'd say it works out less than both packages.

Hereiam

Our BT broadband went down about 3. Is anyone else having problem's

NAG1

Quote from: Hereiam on February 02, 2016, 03:30:59 PM

I have serious problems with the wifi in the house, can hardly watch Sky Go 3/4 feet from the hub for the buffering etc

Keeps dropping out and rebooting on all wifi devices. The tech guys keep saying to change channel that there is some interference but have tried everything including extenders and nothing seems to make the signal more stable or actually extend around the house better.

Slightly off topic I know but it is doing my head in at the minute so any ideas would be appreciated. Have already replaced the hub.

93-DY-SAM

Yup. It's a problem everywhere. Someone pulled out a plug they shouldn't have.

BennyCake

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on February 02, 2016, 04:01:45 PM

Yup. It's a problem everywhere. Someone pulled out a plug they shouldn't have.

Probably some woman using hair straighteners!  ::)