Keith Barrys Grandfather dies

Started by AbbeySider, September 22, 2009, 09:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 22, 2009, 11:11:50 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 22, 2009, 08:49:15 PM
I think there is a difference in robbing the elderly and robbing someone else, just like there is a difference in assaulting a child and assaulting an adult. The elderly and the child are unable to defend themselves and that is why they are targeted. The people that assault an old man are the most lowest of scum going. For what it is worth I would seriously introduce the following rules...

- You enter the house of an elderly person uninvited then you surrender your rights
- Homeowner should be empowered to use force to protect their property
- 6 months hard labour for offender

As for the law protecting the burglar, personally I don't care. If someone enters my house and my 2 year old is in bed upstairs then I am going to protect my family with whatever weapon I have to hand. I'll worry about the law later.

Would be my standpoint too.

What is the weapon of choice though? I don't keep anything in the bedroom that could be used in anger. Do youse keep a hurling stick or anything under the bed?

Pints - I'm not saying I could take on 3 people but I am saying that the last thing on my mind will be if I am using "excessive" force nor will I be pondering legal implications of what I am doing, no more than someone does if they get attacked on the street.

Tony - Don't have a conventional weapon under the bed but I suppose, McGyver like, I could manufacture a weapon using the contents of the womans handbag. By best weapon is my German Shepard who gets very annoyed if suspicious people come up the drive to my house. Maybe old people should be given a grant to buy a dog?