Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

The hypocrisy on this board is unreal. Where was the outcry when a certain player left the Antrim set-up to go and watch the euros? Or two more swanned off on holiday mid season? Or went drinking the night before important Antrim matches? Or sent down to Cork on a weekend jolly with money in their pockets by the county? No mention of that on here I notice.

Here's a wee snippet for you all to get your dentures around. Kevin Ryan wants the Loughgiel players to train and play with Antrim during their training for the all Ireland campaign. Needless to say it has went down like a lead balloon. The lg players said they'd return after the all Ireland, semi or final. He said that wasn't good enough and that no loughgiel players will be called up to the panel unless for injuries.

So, he's off to a real flyer. He can't even get his selectors in place. The Antrim board are playing a blinder again.  ::)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Sleeping giant

Sure that's good enough.   Won't be fit to blame our lads this year!!    Maybe the dunloy lads have better look out,  they are on the verge of becoming successful again,   Them other ejits might not pass the ball to them :o
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

btdtgtt

Perhaps the banter on this forum regarding Watson & others & the county set-up mimics real life goin on amongst the panel.

Good on a site like this - not so much on a senior county team.

For my tuppence;
I think in time Watson will regret not giving more to Antrim. He will live for long on his club career in the pound but it will quickly be forgotten outside. He might regret on a personal level not extending himself to reach his ability at county level.
If Kevin Ryan demanded the loughiel boys before their season was finished, and excluded them - its sheer madness.
But hey - this is antrim.

manballandall

I have no issue with watson not declaring himself to antrim and have never said otherwise. Him or any gaa player owes nothing to the gaa. Its an amateur sport. And for what its worth if that is true then ryan has just shot himself in the foot. An absolute joke to ask that.

btdtgtt

Agree fully.
My point was more that Watson may in the long run regret it himself but yes no player can be compelled or slighted for not committing to county - amateur so choice.

the colonel

Sleeping Giant are you going to retract your incorrect statement about Cormac Donnelly or not?
the difference between success and failure is energy

Sleeping giant

Or not!!    Last I was speaking to cormac.   He was very clear in his reasons.

the colonel

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 16, 2012, 10:58:29 PM

Just wouldn't be sure if that...
the difference between success and failure is energy

Buswhacker

Winker is a name that goes along Watson. Like Dusty Millar or Chalky White. No great mystery,I've heard of other men called Watson being called Winker.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Buswhacker on November 16, 2012, 11:23:25 PM
Winker is a name that goes along Watson. Like Dusty Millar or Chalky White. No great mystery,I've heard of other men called Watson being called Winker.
Stephen Watson (BBC) has Winker Watson as his twitter handle.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: the colonel on November 16, 2012, 11:13:50 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 16, 2012, 10:58:29 PM

Just wouldn't be sure if that...
well I am!!   So anyways.  Can we not get along? ;D.     How do we see Antrim and the new gaffer doing.  Without any loughgiel men at all.   Still think that we have good draw in Leinster and have chance of a semi final.     How would that put us.     Back door wise. 

Seamroga in exile

I wonder how many Ballyhale lads will be lining up for the county before February.

btdtgtt

None.
But sure what would Kilkenny know?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 17, 2012, 04:58:12 AM
I wonder how many Ballyhale lads will be lining up for the county before February.

I'd say Kilkenny would dcik most teams in Feb without their Ballyhale lads, what would you think SIE?

Anyway, seems they still have to win a competition first before they get to Feb, counting chickens and all that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea