Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Good luck to all today. Safe travels to those attending.

Up the good guys  ;)

Straighttalker76

Completely laughable that someone from loughgiel is on talking about the behaviour of supporters when their own supporters are probably the worst out there was it not at an under 16 game last year or year before where their supporters pushed the mother of a referee to the ground after a game she was umpiring at. Also the same senior hurler for loughgiel ho was hitting juveniles yesterday was the same player who started the whole palava at last year's minor final  but if he did Indeed hit a juvenile yesterday a lengthy ban from every gaa ground should do him no harm

Bronco

Thoroughly deserved win for Dunloy today, far superior team. I think Loughgiel would be better off going forward without Watson,as good as he has been, he's now holding them back.

imtommygunn

Sure he was arguably their best forward so I don't see how you got that.

Dunloy just too good. Too much speed everywhere and defence just very much on top the whole game. How fast is Seaan Elliot. One of the fastest I have seen in Antrim. Sooner he is in the senior county setup the better.

Dunloy will dominate for a while by the looks of it.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 13, 2020, 07:21:58 PM

Dunloy just too good. Too much speed everywhere and defence just very much on top the whole game. How fast is Seaan Elliot. One of the fastest I have seen in Antrim. Sooner he is in the senior county setup the better.

Would love to see them v Slaughtneil

imtommygunn

Bronco

Everything was going through him to the extent they were becoming predictable and easy to stop. He's still a danger but Loughgiel aren't going to improve while he's taking a youngsters spot. Just my opinion.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 13, 2020, 07:58:10 PM

They wouldn't count against S'Neill.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Bronco on September 13, 2020, 08:24:24 PM
Everything was going through him to the extent they were becoming predictable and easy to stop. He's still a danger but Loughgiel aren't going to improve while he's taking a youngsters spot. Just my opinion.

Everything was going through him because none of the other forwards were winning their battles. It had to go through him.

Calm Down

Thought MR2 had a bit of a stinker today, poor call leading to Dunloys first goal and how much injury time did he signal and play at the end of the first half?

marty34

Did Watson only join the team again just after lockdown or was he playing earlier in the year?

Bronco

The referee has form for questionable timekeeping as anyone who watched last year's football final can testify.

Quote from: Calm Down on September 13, 2020, 08:51:44 PM
Thought MR2 had a bit of a stinker today, poor call leading to Dunloys first goal and how much injury time did he signal and play at the end of the first half?

imtommygunn

Quote from: marty34 on September 13, 2020, 09:01:12 PM

Did Watson only join the team again just after lockdown or was he playing earlier in the year?

Not sure Marty. He was meant to have retired. Unsure if it was lockdown or whatever brought him back.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 13, 2020, 09:33:49 PM
Quote from: marty34 on September 13, 2020, 09:01:12 PM

Not sure Marty. He was meant to have retired. Unsure if it was lockdown or whatever brought him back.

Ok. Thanks.

For however good he was, even today, you'd think there'd be young lads who'd be pushing for a place before him.

Hard to know as we're not privy to when he came back but he oews Loughgiel nothing. A very talented hurler.

Were Loughgiel beat in the camogie recently or was that intermediate?

Dunloy seem to be just ahead of everyone in Antrim. On their day, others could match them but they're building gradually and are getting physically stronger year on year.

Antrim championship was super this year - honourable mention to St. John's and Rossa also.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 13, 2020, 08:26:14 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 13, 2020, 07:58:10 PM

They wouldn't count against S'Neill.

Maybe your right, never the less we wouldn't mind another crack at them.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets