Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Rois on December 29, 2012, 06:40:54 PM
Orior - were you there this morn? I'm getting worse instead of better. I'm a long way off my PB - about a minute and a half.

There's prob going to be a run on New Year's Day at 10am.
Nope. I was back on the golf course where I belong, lol. However I'm planning to do the one at 10am on New Year's Day, followed by a gentle cycle in the afternoon. The life of Reilly, eh?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on December 29, 2012, 07:42:32 PM
Orior - were you there this morn? I'm getting worse instead of better. I'm a long way off my PB - about a minute and a half.

Nope. I was back on the golf course where I belong, lol. However I'm planning to do the one at 10am on New Year's Day, followed by a gentle cycle in the afternoon. The life of Reilly, eh?

Might do that one myself, be a goodin, seeing I'm out that night :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

fitzroyalty

I normally go on the treadmill for 5k or 20mins whatever comes first, today I gave a debut to a new pair of trainers and after 10 mins I started to feel a lot of lower back pain and had to go off.  Is this normal? Back has been sore all day and it hurts to bend over. #sadface

Orior

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 29, 2012, 11:46:08 PM

50 mins for 5k?

I hope you dont mind me saying and even with the late night excuse, but you are a crap runner Milltown Row.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on January 02, 2013, 08:18:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 29, 2012, 11:46:08 PM

50 mins for 5k?

I hope you dont mind me saying and even with the late night excuse, but you are a crap runner Milltown Row.

?? I'm a 21 minute man for 5K. Got the Garmin watch, which really worries me as it means her in doors is probably reading my posts FFS. Will get it up loaded tomorrow when I get a chance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bingo

New year and new targets I suppose. Did a 10km race on St Stephens day and another run another day but have been quite lazy during the holidays, which is excuseable after a hard year.

Committed to a 30 day challenge starting pm Saturday - 30 days, 30 runs at a minimum of 30 mins a day. Will be interesting and a good start to the year.

Looking at doing the Connemarathon in early April or the belfast marathon in May. Have to decide this week and sort out a plan for the spring.

Rois

A friend of mine in work started running 3 miles per day on 1 July - it's a challenge that lasts a year ( www.1095miles.com).

She's over halfway through it.  She's done one marathon and only took up running in 2010 but I'm super-impressed with her dedication to be out every day. 

ballinaman

Quote from: Rois on January 03, 2013, 01:01:57 PM
A friend of mine in work started running 3 miles per day on 1 July - it's a challenge that lasts a year ( www.1095miles.com).

She's over halfway through it.  She's done one marathon and only took up running in 2010 but I'm super-impressed with her dedication to be out every day.
That's class, fair play to her. Some going, hope she doesn't get sick or something.

I'm going into hibernation training wise until the end of March. Going to get stuck into 5K/10K training to peak in August-September and then start into marathon training in November for Boston marathon 2014.

An Gaeilgoir

Just in from a 12K, did it in 53 mins. The first one of 2013 and it feels great!!

Rois

Bf just signed up for New York half marathon...on 17 March.

Indirect flights for £330 from Dublin Fri 15th, run at 7.30am through Manhattan, finished up in time to enjoy the parades for St Patrick's Day, fly home Monday eve.

I will just have to make sure he comes back in one piece from our ski hol.

dec

Quote from: Rois on January 03, 2013, 09:35:40 PM

Indirect flights for £330 from Dublin Fri 15th, run at 7.30am through Manhattan, finished up in time to enjoy the parades for St Patrick's Day, fly home Monday eve.

The New York St. Patrick's Day parade will be on Saturday this year, it is never held on a Sunday.

http://nycstpatricksparade.org/parade-information

Orior

Implement a backup BF just in case.

Rois

Quote from: Orior on January 03, 2013, 09:45:12 PM

Implement a backup BF just in case.

No need, I'm not accompanying him,just don't want people blaming me if he can't run for charity.

Jeez I couldn't handle two of them...

Rois

Quote from: dec on January 03, 2013, 09:40:49 PM

The New York St. Patrick's Day parade will be on Saturday this year, it is never held on a Sunday.

http://nycstpatricksparade.org/parade-information

Oh that's even better - he can enjoy pints on Sunday without having to feel guilty about missing parades  ;D

Thanks Dec!

GJL

Any of you tried spinning. Started it at the end of November and do it once a week. Tough stuff but good results.