Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Aerlik on February 18, 2012, 10:20:47 AM
qyjj, check out the link on my post on p.31.

Also, ham,  can you do me a favour.  Can you measure the distance from the Diamond down Cabool, Movanagher road, up the Coleraine road, Mullan Road, down the Moneydig road across Drumsaragh, through Gortmacrane road, left at the chapel, right onto the Moneysallin road, left at Lisnagrot road and back into the Diamond.  I'd say it's about 15 miles.  I plan to run it when I'm home, to say I did it.  if you're up for it maybe awheena youse will join me. 

Failing that measure everywhere above, up to the chapel, then straight in the Drumagarner road to the town.  Oh, and if you do want to join me, blinkers on from the chapel to Creighton Hutchinson's...don't want anyone being sidetracked into the Point. ;)

there's a good chap. ;D
Quityojibbajabba, did you run this at the weekend, or are you going to measure it in the car sir??  ;) :D

heganboy

Also, ham,  can you do me a favour.  Can you measure the distance from the Diamond down Cabool, Movanagher road, up the Coleraine road, Mullan Road, down the Moneydig road across Drumsaragh, through Gortmacrane road, left at the chapel, right onto the Moneysallin road, left at Lisnagrot road and back into the Diamond.  I'd say it's about 15 miles.  I plan to run it when I'm home, to say I did it.  if you're up for it maybe awheena youse will join me. 

Failing that measure everywhere above, up to the chapel, then straight in the Drumagarner road to the town.  Oh, and if you do want to join me, blinkers on from the chapel to Creighton Hutchinson's...don't want anyone being sidetracked into the Point. ;)

there's a good chap. ;D

Measure it yourself:
http://walking.about.com/library/walk/blgooglemap1.htm
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Bingo

http://www.samsungnightrun.com./#headerhome

New city centre run round the streets of Dublin - 10km on the 29th April. Think i'll pencil it in, should be a decent flat route.

Rois

Belfast's Titanic Quarter 10k the week before that, Sunday 22 April.  Also flat, run around the docks/east Belfast.

LeoMc

there's a good chap. ;D

www.mapmyrun.com is a good way of checking out the routes you are planning / have done.

ballinaman

Quote from: Bingo on February 21, 2012, 02:32:52 PM

New city centre run round the streets of Dublin - 10km on the 29th April. Think i'll pencil it in, should be a decent flat route.
looks good, will give it a lash.

the Deel Rover

Can anyone recommend a good watch for keeping times and distances ran . A few of the lads that i know have gps watches .  i don't want something too expensive. 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Bingo

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 21, 2012, 04:36:34 PM
Can anyone recommend a good watch for keeping times and distances ran . A few of the lads that i know have gps watches .  i don't want something too expensive.

You can't really go too wrong with a Garmin. I have one of the older models the 205 but it is quite bulky compared to some of the others.

The forerunner 110 is a very good basic model, does most of what you would want but it doesn't have a HR monitor which some runners use alot. The 110 is normal watch size, few of the lads got it recently as the price has come down and they very happy with it. You should get it for less than €100 online.

Bingo

Quote from: ballinaman on February 21, 2012, 04:26:08 PM

You fully mended then and back on the roads?

ballinaman

Quote from: Bingo on February 21, 2012, 05:13:45 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 21, 2012, 04:26:08 PM

You fully mended then and back on the roads?
Aye, just getting back into it now..concentrating on strength in the gym till June and will have another crack at marathon training after Poland! Night race looks cool though for a bit of a blow out!be happy with sub 38 in april, haven't done a tap of speedwork in months, just 5 a side soccer.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Bingo on February 21, 2012, 05:09:11 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 21, 2012, 04:36:34 PM

You can't really go too wrong with a Garmin. I have one of the older models the 205 but it is quite bulky compared to some of the others.

The forerunner 110 is a very good basic model, does most of what you would want but it doesn't have a HR monitor which some runners use alot. The 110 is normal watch size, few of the lads got it recently as the price has come down and they very happy with it. You should get it for less than €100 online.

Thanks for that Bingo .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

amallon

Mayobridge GAC are hosting a 10k run and 4k fun run/walk on the 5th May for anyone who is interested.  Join our facebook group if this sort of carryon appeals to you  http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/335381713170746/
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Mayo4Sam

I'm just coming back from 7 months out with a back injury, was on the flat of my back for that time.
Back running this last two weeks, a couple of 5ks and up to 9k. I've also started back at the track with the athletics club, is it a good idea or should I get mileage up first?
My thinking is once a week won't hurt, it'll be a while before I can even manage all the runs, 5x800m last week, only managed 3
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ballinaman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 23, 2012, 09:18:59 AM
I'm just coming back from 7 months out with a back injury, was on the flat of my back for that time.
Back running this last two weeks, a couple of 5ks and up to 9k. I've also started back at the track with the athletics club, is it a good idea or should I get mileage up first?
My thinking is once a week won't hurt, it'll be a while before I can even manage all the runs, 5x800m last week, only managed 3
I'd say tip away with the mileage for about 6 weeks anyways to get a good base in. Once a week at this stage would be grand but i'd steer clear of the track if you can, the grass or even down the woods would have a bit more give than the track, ballina track ya?

Mayo4Sam

No, sure I steer clear of Ballina as much as I can  ;D

I'm based in Cork
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me