Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 203952 times)

illdecide

• Quit your Jibba Jabbing Fool
    • View Profile
Re: Holidays
« Reply #1695 on: August 28, 2018, 11:41:52 PM »
Sitting in Torrevieja now, wild warm. Was going to go to Aqualandia in Benidorm tomorrow but have decided to stay for the local water park which is excellent anyway, couldn’t be bothered driving to Benidorm and after getting up this morning to find a massive dent and scrape in passenger door of the hired car (which wasn’t there yesterday) has put a dampener on it.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Don Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: August 29, 2018, 09:35:21 AM »
Sitting in Torrevieja now, wild warm. Was going to go to Aqualandia in Benidorm tomorrow but have decided to stay for the local water park which is excellent anyway, couldn’t be bothered driving to Benidorm and after getting up this morning to find a massive dent and scrape in passenger door of the hired car (which wasn’t there yesterday) has put a dampener on it.

Head on up to Benidorm anyway, go and see Sticky Vicky to cheer yourself up.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: October 16, 2018, 05:49:47 PM »
Anyone been to Frankfurt? Worth it for a 3 day city break?

CiKe

• View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: October 16, 2018, 06:04:49 PM »

There once with work briefly sonot seen it properly but isn't a pretty place and wouldn't be first on my list.

heffo

• View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: October 25, 2018, 09:14:32 PM »

Absolutely not, I wouldn't recommend it for a three hour break.

50fiftyball

• View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: November 05, 2018, 02:11:52 PM »
Any ideas on where's a good couples break for NYE? . It's last minute yes and things will be more expensive - but here's what we've came up with from a bit of research on skyscanner & booking.com:

- It looks like the best dates price-wise we've settled on are Sun 30th Dec 2018 to Thurs 3rd Jan - 4 nights.
- Prague is top of our list at the moment. - She's mad to go here - I'm a bit unsure. Neither of us have been before. Will there be enough to do?
- Barcelona is our close 2nd. We've both been previously and loved it in summer time. Value wise the flights and hotels are similar to Prague.
- Edinburgh - it's very close, but for the prices for a flight and accommodation in Edinburgh we'd be better off going further abroad. It's expensive for NYE period.
- We looked at New York for before xmas too & NYE but I've been a few times and the crowds would be crazy, and I wasn't even there during New Years.
- Other places on our list were - Budapest, Rome, Madrid, Berlin, Lisbon, REYKJAVIK was a big favourite of mine but it's seriously expensive. Dubai/Abu Dhabi was more wishful thinking than realistic!!

We wouldn't be spending a lot of time in the hotel. However, we want a good base. Not a hostel, B&B, a decent 3, 4 or 5 star hotel.

TIA.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: November 05, 2018, 02:24:59 PM »
Any ideas on where's a good couples break for NYE? . It's last minute yes and things will be more expensive - but here's what we've came up with from a bit of research on skyscanner & booking.com:

- It looks like the best dates price-wise we've settled on are Sun 30th Dec 2018 to Thurs 3rd Jan - 4 nights.
- Prague is top of our list at the moment. - She's mad to go here - I'm a bit unsure. Neither of us have been before. Will there be enough to do?
- Barcelona is our close 2nd. We've both been previously and loved it in summer time. Value wise the flights and hotels are similar to Prague.
- Edinburgh - it's very close, but for the prices for a flight and accommodation in Edinburgh we'd be better off going further abroad. It's expensive for NYE period.
- We looked at New York for before xmas too & NYE but I've been a few times and the crowds would be crazy, and I wasn't even there during New Years.
- Other places on our list were - Budapest, Rome, Madrid, Berlin, Lisbon, REYKJAVIK was a big favourite of mine but it's seriously expensive. Dubai/Abu Dhabi was more wishful thinking than realistic!!

We wouldn't be spending a lot of time in the hotel. However, we want a good base. Not a hostel, B&B, a decent 3, 4 or 5 star hotel.

TIA.

A ski resort
Eg fly to Geneva and go to the Portes du Soleil which is about an hour away
http://en.portesdusoleil.com/winter.html

Megeve
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2017/feb/18/great-little-ski-resorts-megeve-jazz-festival-france

Ischgl - fly to Munich then onwards
https://www.ischgl.com/en
Great party town

Waking up in a ski resort is class and they all do stuff for NYE
Those biscuits are for the visitors

galwayman

• View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: November 05, 2018, 02:38:56 PM »

TIA.
Krakow? Not been at Xmas time but it's a lovely spot.
Was only in Prague on a stag before but it's really nice also

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: November 06, 2018, 01:29:28 AM »

TIA.

New Year is done best  in Central Europe. That said, I was in Budapest for the NYE about 10 years ago and it was rather quiet, Prague or Berlin would be have more going on, Vienna even more so. Prague would be grand for 4 nights.

Rome is best visited at a quieter time, in my  opinion. Barcelona would have milder weather, or Naples.
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Don Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: November 28, 2018, 02:42:27 PM »
Anyone recommend any nice eating houses not too far off the M1 from the north towards Dublin airport?

Normally stop off in Fitzpatricks if we were heading down that way but we stopped off there a couple of weeks ago so would rather try somewhere else. Maybe the Carrickdale but have ate there before a load of times before as well. Somewhere like that anyway (preferably south of the border so we don't have much of a drive afterwards) not too far off the motorway.

Mikhailov

• View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: November 28, 2018, 02:45:17 PM »

TIA.

New Year is done best  in Central Europe. That said, I was in Budapest for the NYE about 10 years ago and it was rather quiet, Prague or Berlin would be have more going on, Vienna even more so. Prague would be grand for 4 nights.

Rome is best visited at a quieter time, in my  opinion. Barcelona would have milder weather, or Naples.

Go for Prague - great spot for short break or Munich but it is more expensive

Tyrone Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: November 28, 2018, 03:27:27 PM »
Anyone recommend any nice eating houses not too far off the M1 from the north towards Dublin airport?

Normally stop off in Fitzpatricks if we were heading down that way but we stopped off there a couple of weeks ago so would rather try somewhere else. Maybe the Carrickdale but have ate there before a load of times before as well. Somewhere like that anyway (preferably south of the border so we don't have much of a drive afterwards) not too far off the motorway.

Monasterboice Inn is usually decent. Expensive enough but good portions.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: November 28, 2018, 03:34:37 PM »

Monasterboice Inn is usually decent. Expensive enough but good portions.

Definiteley agree!!!