Aircraft difficulties in the north

Started by ziggysego, June 02, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

A pilot of a microlight has escaped injury after the aircraft crashed close to the border. Happen near Pettigo in Co. Fermanagh.

On Sunday, a small plane crashed in Pomeroy in Co. Tyrone and Pilot had to make an emergency landing at Derry City Airport.

Yesterday a light airplane crashed near Kilkeel in Co. Down.
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

On Tuesday a Greencastle man crashed and burned on an internet forum near Keady.  ;D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Three die in light aircraft crash

Three people have been killed in a light aircraft crash near Kilkeel, in County Down.

The plane crashed in a field off the Belmont Road area at about 2100 BST.

It burst into flames on contact with the ground, killing the pilot and two passengers. It is understood they had travelled from the Isle of Man.

Local people have said that the weather at the time was misty. It is the second air crash in the area in a fortnight. In the previous one two men survived.
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Holy feck.... that is a lot of crashing now.

Is it because the unusually good weather is driving these leisure pilots out more often than usual?

David McKeown

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 13, 2009, 08:35:48 AM
Holy feck.... that is a lot of crashing now.

Is it because the unusually good weather is driving these leisure pilots out more often than usual?

I'm far from an expert on this but I recently started taking lessons and was taking to some of the instructors during the week about the number of accidents and they blame it on 2 things. 1. The weather has brought out a lot of leisure pilots who haven't flown since August September last year and are consequently a bit rusty. 2. A lot of private planes haven't been flown in that time either and have developed faults which would in previous years been fixed by routine maintenance which has maybe been skipped because of the economic situation.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

The Watcher Pat

I'm a pilot myself.......

I pile it and my mate shovels it..... ;)
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

orangeman

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 02, 2009, 04:07:18 PM
On Tuesday a Greencastle man crashed and burned on an internet forum near Keady.  ;D

Very good Norf.  ;)

Norf Tyrone