Your tipple... at a house party?

Started by AbbeySider, May 01, 2009, 02:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

I'd bring a 12 pack of Keiths - and some Southern Comfort  ;D ;D

D4S

Quote from: fitzroyalty on May 01, 2009, 04:20:24 PM
none better than a bottle of lurgan's finest, taken from the source of course  :) although my drinking days are now over apart from special occasions, a bottle of chang used to be the ticket! would make a wee boy out of me now though  :-X

The nicest beer I've ever tasted...but ti blows tghe head oof ye, 6.5% Alc I think.  GREAT STUFF drank it for 2 weeks straight on honeymoon:)!

Mine's a box of bud now!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

whiskeysteve

Ah now how to judge your carry-out to a nicety?

There are 3 important factors:

1.) Time: How long do you have to get nicely plastered? If your short then has to be spirits. A half bottle can be schlonked in half an hour for efficient results. If thats a bit risky then wine. If youve all day stick to the beer.

2.) Money: What can you afford to drink? If your strapped for cash get te Tescos and take advantage of whatever pish is on offer. Frosty jacks cheap cider is an budget option but the resultant hangover is hellacious. If your a bit tight for time and money then a couple of bottles of rosé can be put away quickly and cheaply.

3.) Next-day: Do you have to get up early, or have a match the next day? Light beer if so but depends on the person, If your one of these people that can drink vodka without a bad hangover, go for it. They say dont mix your drinks and this has a big bearing on this factor.

When none of these are a problem I like to go for bottles of Corona, though also like Sol, Brahma and Grolsch. If you are eating then Cobra is your man as it is very smooth.

But to be fair, me old standard is now a box of bud
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

toiletroller

Quote from: D4S on May 01, 2009, 04:27:11 PM
none better than a bottle of lurgan's finest, taken from the source of course  :) although my drinking days are now over apart from special occasions, a bottle of chang used to be the ticket! would make a wee boy out of me now though  :-X

The nicest beer I've ever tasted...but ti blows tghe head oof ye, 6.5% Alc I think.  GREAT STUFF drank it for 2 weeks straight on honeymoon:)!

Mine's a box of bud now!
Did Mrs D4S see any action on honeymoon if you were drinking that rocket fuel for the duration of your stay. Id say it did little for your own rocket  :D

D4S

Quote from: toiletroller on May 01, 2009, 04:42:12 PM
Quote from: D4S on May 01, 2009, 04:27:11 PM

Mine's a box of bud now!
Did Mrs D4S see any action on honeymoon if you were drinking that rocket fuel for the duration of your stay. Id say it did little for your own rocket  :D

MRS D4S was lovin it, Chang isn't just fuel for the brain ;).....She was drinkin chang too which led to many opportunistic 'cuddles' while walking home up the beach ;D :o
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

maggie

fitzroyalty

Lads when I mentioned chang earlier I was referring to buckfast, bit more than 6.5%!! chang is one of many slang-names for buckfast in lurgan!

Archie Mitchell

Usually a 6 pack of beer (Coors, Bud etc) and a half bottle of vodka.

In my student days, used to be able to drink a 10 glass of vodka before going out, usually a few times a week. Those where the days  ;D

If I have a bit extra £ to spend, would usually push the boat out a bit and get a bottle of Morgans Spiced Rum. Great with ice, coke and a bit of lime squeezed into it.

D4S

Quote from: fitzroyalty on May 01, 2009, 05:18:19 PM
Lads when I mentioned chang earlier I was referring to buckfast, bit more than 6.5%!! chang is one of many slang-names for buckfast in lurgan!
Crossed wires Fitz! Chang is a Thai beer, sponsors of Everton FC. Never heard of buckie bein called Chang...we learn somethin new every day!

Overthebar!

Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 01, 2009, 04:38:43 PM

1.) Time: How long do you have to get nicely plastered? If your short then has to be spirits. A half bottle can be schlonked in half an hour for efficient results. If thats a bit risky then wine. If youve all day stick to the beer.

2.) Money: What can you afford to drink? If your strapped for cash get te Tescos and take advantage of whatever pish is on offer. Frosty jacks cheap cider is an budget option but the resultant hangover is hellacious. If your a bit tight for time and money then a couple of bottles of rosé can be put away quickly and cheaply.

3.) Next-day: Do you have to get up early, or have a match the next day? Light beer if so but depends on the person, If your one of these people that can drink vodka without a bad hangover, go for it. They say dont mix your drinks and this has a big bearing on this factor.

When none of these are a problem I like to go for bottles of Corona, though also like Sol, Brahma and Grolsch. If you are eating then Cobra is your man as it is very smooth.

But to be fair, me old standard is now a box of bud

always worked by the old adage 'eatings cheating' myself whiskey....your a changed man!

Over the Bar

Over the bar!  Would you ever find yourself another handle as this one's already taken!  ;)

Overthebar!

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 02, 2009, 07:47:53 PM
Over the bar!  Would you ever find yourself another handle as this one's already taken!  ;)

ha ill be doing nothing a tyrone man tells me! in fairness about every other decent username has been done-find me a better one and ill resign

Ari

The Monks finest wine, of course.

Abble

Quote from: Overthebar! on May 02, 2009, 10:27:21 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on May 02, 2009, 07:47:53 PM

ha ill be doing nothing a tyrone man tells me! in fairness about every other decent username has been done-find me a better one and ill resign

OTB! what about over the blackspot ?

muppet

Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 01, 2009, 04:38:43 PM

I see why you call yourself Whiskeysteve.
MWWSI 2017