Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

I remember us boxing newtownstewart off the field once.  Big pahals the lot of them.   

longrunsthefox

Quote from: rrhf on June 12, 2009, 09:45:43 AM
I remember us boxing newtownstewart off the field once.  Big pahals the lot of them.   

Pahal  ;D great word!

orangeman

Quote from: WeeDonns on June 12, 2009, 09:29:23 AM

Lads, I was at the game and saw the incident.

The ref couldn't have prevented it.
The ball was out of play for a goal kick. As our keeper was getting ready for the kickout, our FB and their FF were straight out in front of him standing still and then out of the blue this coward levels our full back.

The ref was waiting for the kickout and the incident took place between him and the ball, so he would have had a good view of it and sent the player off.

Their manager was straight on the field shouting that our man took a dive and wasn't touched! Meanwhile he's lying on the ground with his face all over the place.

Some of you may argue that plenty of boxing goes on on the field and that it shouldn't go to the police. But this wasn't a case of a scuffle breaking out between a couple of players during play (which happens a lot, but is usually handbags without many serious punches being landed)

This is a case of a guy standing beside another, thinking about what hes going to do and then just levelling him without warning or a chance to protect himself. It's assault and needs to be dealt with accordingly.

I'm aware newtown are trying to spread a new version of this story, you may take my word for it that the one above is correct. Two other Drumragh men were hit off the ball on Sunday, one of those received a broken jaw.

Sounds like Pat Mc Enaney couldn't have sorted this out.

Doogie Browser

Norf Tyrone gets a decent review in todays Gaelic Life for his web prowess.  An 8/10 eh?  You gotta be happy with that!   

brougherboy

I remember a few years back a Newtownstewart player taking a Trillick player to court after an incident on the field!

aroundincircles

i think i would be right in saying there are a few cases pending in tyrone at the minute. IF an assault or an alleged assault takes place on the field and is not in the referees report how would this affect a civil case or  a case where the  police would be investigating at the request of the injured party??

orangeman

Quote from: aroundincircles on June 12, 2009, 06:13:32 PM
i think i would be right in saying there are a few cases pending in tyrone at the minute. IF an assault or an alleged assault takes place on the field and is not in the referees report how would this affect a civil case or  a case where the  police would be investigating at the request of the injured party??

That question does not have a clear answer.

The burden of proof is on the plaintiff in the case to prove beyond doubt that the defendant has committed the alleged assualt. This will not be easy in the cases that I think you are referring to. The waters have been well and truly muddied at this stage.
In the GAA disciplinary system the burden of proof isn't the same - the appeals processes are entirely different as well.

ziggysego

Greencastle v Gortin game has been brought forward to tomorrow afternoon.
Testing Accessibility

Bensars

Quote from: aroundincircles on June 12, 2009, 06:13:32 PM

Not sure its necessarily a complaint to the police. Do A&E depts have any burden of responsibility to report cases of suspected assault ?

ceol agus peil

Quote from: ziggysego on June 12, 2009, 07:06:05 PM

What time at?
Sent from my iphone

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 12, 2009, 04:07:11 PM
Norf Tyrone gets a decent review in todays Gaelic Life for his web prowess.  An 8/10 eh?  You gotta be happy with that!   

;D Delighted, and to be honest I thought the review was fair. The negatives, are things I would've agreed with anyhow.

I never got GL until after lunch, but got a text at 9am this morning, saying the review was slating. It was a grumpy head until lunchtime. I was almost throwing a real diva fit.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Div 3: EC IIIs 3-11 Owen Roes 2-9

I hear the score flattered us a wee bit.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Pharoch Phantom

Quote from: clarshack on October 31, 2008, 12:45:53 PM
hope cookstown are relegated - wouldnt mind a crack at them next year.

Had to wait a while before replying to this remark.  Crippy Eastwood replied to it in some style tonight.  Brilliant game of football served up by both teams.

laceer

Quote from: Pharoch Phantom on June 12, 2009, 11:37:25 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 31, 2008, 12:45:53 PM
hope cookstown are relegated - wouldnt mind a crack at them next year.

Had to wait a while before replying to this remark.  Crippy Eastwood replied to it in some style tonight.  Brilliant game of football served up by both teams.

Tell us more

ziggysego

Quote from: ceol agus peil on June 12, 2009, 08:38:36 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 12, 2009, 07:06:05 PM

What time at?

Sorry, went out for a few drinks tonight. Only back now.

Reserves 3.00pm.
Seniors 4.30pm.
Testing Accessibility