The Premier League relegation thread.

Started by Ping Pong Santa, April 18, 2009, 11:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caid

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on April 19, 2009, 12:40:20 AM
I agree with Ping Pong. Southgate is one of the good guys and while Boro can be poor to watch, I'd warm to them a lot quicker than Newcastle with Shearer and Blackburn. Not sure about Hull - its a real romantic notion that they're in the premiership but Phil Brown is a t**t and after linking himself with the England job, it would be funny to see it all go Pete Tong for him.

Ping Pong and Pete Tong in the one post ;D

Ding dong
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

erne bhoy

I hope hull die and somebody needs to teach phil brown how to dress himself. That man drives keen insane. Does Gary megson remind any one else of a t**ker?

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on April 19, 2009, 01:06:54 AM
Quote from: erne bhoy on April 19, 2009, 01:05:21 AM
I hope hull die and somebody needs to teach phil brown how to dress himself. That man drives keen insane. Does Gary megson remind any one else of a t**ker?
Do you drink often?
Just Domestos by the looks of it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

I hope Newcastle stay up as Im a big fan of Shearer's,don't really care about the rest
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Diet Coke

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 19, 2009, 02:38:41 AM
I hope Newcastle stay up as Im a big fan of Shearer's,don't really care about the rest

I'd like to see them stay up also, they have 50000 plus at home games and good travelling support. Feel sorry for Mowbray, genuine guy trying to have his team play attractive football, but you have to do a STOKE to survive 1st season in premiership.
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Minder on April 19, 2009, 12:13:26 AM
Wouldnt mind seeing Fat Sam and Phil Brown taking Blackburn and Hull down,and they can take their ear pieces and sports science with them.

I agree with this man.  Shit teams and even more shite managers.

Ping Pong Santa

Pl      GD    Pts
14    Portsmouth        32     -13     37
15    Sunderland        33     -12     35
16    Hull                   33     -20     34
17    Blackburn           33     -20     34
---------------------------------------------
18    Middlesbrough    33     -22     31
19    Newcastle          32     -15     30
20    West Brom         32     -31     25

Here is the run-in for the clubs involved:

Sunderland:

West Brom (A)
Everton (H)
Bolton (A)
Portsmouth (A)
Chelsea (H)

Hull:

Liverpool (H)
Aston Villa (A)
Stoke (H)
Bolton (A)
Man Utd (H)

Blackburn:

Wigan (H)
Man City (A)
Portsmouth (H)
Chelsea (A)
West Brom (H)

Middlesborough:

Arsenal (A)
Man Utd (H)
Newscastle (A)
Aston Villa (H)
West Ham (A)

Newcastle:

Tottenham (A) - Today
Portsmouth (H)
Liverpool (A)
Middlesborough (H)
Fulham (H)
Aston Villa (A)

Looking at that, Middlesborough certainly have a very tough run-in. It's going to be very tough if they are going to stay up. I still hope they do it though.

You would have got great odds on Hull to go down back in January. At the moment they are 11-8 with Betfair and 6-5 with Paddypower. Looking at their run-in I can't see where they are going to get the points from so I think there is definitely some value in those odds. But who are they going to replace in the bottom three? Newcastle haven't got an easy ride either, two away games to Liverpool and Villa and obviously the North-East derby with Boro is a huge one. They are evens to stay up but I really don't think they will, theres something lacking there and its about time they got what they deserved.

Despite Middlesborough having probably the toughest run-in, I still think they can do it. Watching them these last few weeks, there is something about the way they are playing, a spirit there that may see them gain some unexpected points against the bigger teams (United hopefully!  :P). They are currently 15-8 to avoid the drop with Paddypower but 1/3 at the minute to lay against the drop with Betfair. I think that 3/1 with Betfair for Middlesborough to stay up is worth a tenner from me!

So officially then I am going for West Brom, Newcastle, and Hull to go down. Cromwell head to keep Blackburn up unfortunately.

The Watcher Pat

Hope Hull go down...Don't like trhat wan**r Brown...
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Norf Tyrone

Think it's going to be The Baggies, Boro and Hull.

Would like it to be Arsenal, Liverpool and Man United.

Closer to reality I'd like it to be Newcastle plus two. I'd like to see Hull (unlikely) and Stoke (more than likely) stay up.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

BennyHarp

I agree with the people wanting Hull to go down! Phil Brown thought he was some sort of managerial master mind at the start of the season with all this bollocking his team oon the pitch rubbish - i'm glad its coming back to bite him in the ass with his team showing no fight for him at the moment at all!
That was never a square ball!!

AFS

Newcastle even more fucked after today's result, not that it bothers me one bit  ;D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AFS on April 19, 2009, 04:57:53 PM
Newcastle even more fucked after today's result, not that it bothers me one bit  ;D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 19, 2009, 05:03:01 PM
Quote from: AFS on April 19, 2009, 04:57:53 PM
Dunno what happened there. Just saying that their fans are totally delusional in their opinion of themselves as one of the big teams. Big support maybe but they've won next to f**k all in fifty years. For that reason I wouldn't mind seeing them making the drop. I like Shearer though.

Would shed no tears to see Honest Sam Allardyce take the hit also.

I think that Newcastle, West Brom and Hull are goners though.

gawa316

Newcastle looked doomed at the minute.

There will be some exodus if they do go down with clubs from all over europe likely destinations but what will happen to Owen? What club would be a likely destination for him? Villa or Citee are the only ones I can really think off, as can't see any of the big 4 going for him.