Only fools...

Started by 5 Sams, April 13, 2009, 07:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

The one where Rodders finds the natural water spring in the allotment.......that glows bright green in the dark :D

Or when he breaks away form Del Boy to go out on his own at the buying and selling, he lands home on the first day
from the auction with a load of fire damaged smoke detectors :D

As mentioned above, the one where he had to pretend to be 15 in Spain was a clinker alright!

t'was easily the best show on the telly at that time hands down imo.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

carribbear

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 14, 2009, 01:47:06 AM
Or when he breaks away form Del Boy to go out on his own at the buying and selling, he lands home on the first day
from the auction with a load of fire damaged smoke detectors :D

not forgetting the broken lawnmower engines!

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

mackers

Best moment for me was when Granda was pretending to be on his death bed and he gave Rodney a cigarette holder. He told him that it had been in his father's breast pocket when he was shot in the war and the bullet had hit it and stopped the bullet from hitting his heart. Rodney looked at it in amazement and said "you mean this saved his life?", Granda says "No, the bullet ricocheted up his noise and blew his brains out!!"................Absolutely brilliant!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

tyroneboi

Aerlik

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 14, 2009, 01:47:06 AM
The one where Rodders finds the natural water spring in the allotment.......that glows bright green in the dark :D

Sublime.  I still laugh when I recall that. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

full back

The butterfly
Batman & Robin
The chandlier (sp)
The bar hatch

:D

Hoof Hearted

attention all fans....

there is a spin off starting in the Autumn, can't remember the title, ends in chips.

It is pre Only Fools, Del Boy is a cub and Joan and Reg (his parents) are in the flat. Freddie Robdahl makes a few appearances too. (He is confirmed as Rodney's real father in Only Fools' last ever episode.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

stew

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 08, 2009, 08:58:44 PM
attention all fans....

there is a spin off starting in the Autumn, can't remember the title, ends in chips.

It is pre Only Fools, Del Boy is a cub and Joan and Reg (his parents) are in the flat. Freddie Robdahl makes a few appearances too. (He is confirmed as Rodney's real father in Only Fools' last ever episode.

Oh dear, I am not so sure that is a good idea.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gaffer

Quote from: stew on July 08, 2009, 09:06:06 PM
attention all fans....

Oh dear, I am not so sure that is a good idea.

Agree with you Stew. They should just leave it alone.

Minder was another brillant series with Terry McCann and Arfur Daly.

Full of one liners and great characters !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Hoof Hearted

as far as i know it's only a one off show, not a series, so it shouldnt ruin it too uch
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Tony Baloney

attention all fans....

Sex, Drugs and Rock n Chips I think it is called. To be set in the sixties but to show the grittier side of Sixties London away from the glamour of Carnaby St. etc.

It's a 90 minute one off although I'd say the creator (not that one!) will have one eye on a series if it's a flyer.

nrico2006

QuoteMickey Pearce is some boy.

The one where they took the 'channel hopper' home was good.
"Gary".

Wasn't that your wee man from Eastenders?

I remember the Peckham springs one, cracker.  As mentioned before, too many episodes or scenes to list but here are some of my favourites I can remember of the top of my head:

- the jolly boys outing
- the first episode I ever saw was the one where Del Boy tried to impress Dawn out of Eastenders ma pretending he could handglide, and Rodney exacted revenger on Dell after the sunbed incident
- Miami Twice was decent but the bit where Dell was spotted miles of the coast on a jet skit by Boycey from the plane was up there with the best
- As Tony Baloney mentioned, the bar tumble (apparently not in the script) was brilliant
- the episode where Rodney was tackling the posh doll whos father was running a clay pigeon contest when Dell arrived and pulled out the double barrel shotgun like Arnie - good shooting
-  the one where Dell starts the riot and returns home in the Capri and everyone stops and he drives through conversing with the rioters and the police and then hits the horn and it starts again.
- the batman and robin scene
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Evil Genius

Quote from: stew on April 13, 2009, 09:38:02 PM

Trigger and Boycey were my favourite characters in the show, absolutely the best comedy show I have ever seen in my life.

I loved the scene where they're all in the Nags Head and someone quotes the old (Warhol) line about everyone "having their 15 minutes of fame". This causes everyone to suggest different people who were briefly in the news etc, until Trigger comes up with Gandhi.
Of course conversation stops as everyone looks at him for an explanation:
"Well, he made one blinding film, and we've not heard another thing from him since..."
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Billys Boots

I love the one where Rodney thinks Damian is possessed - the Omen music keeps playing in the background.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...