The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on June 27, 2018, 03:19:20 PM
Supreme Court master plan by the GOP is bearing fruit for the wealthy and the xenophobic in spades this week.

The deplorables and their overlords playing to their base instincts are playing a blinder and should all be feeling very pleased with themselves.

My cousin claims that people who voted for Obama twice, then voted for Trump in 2016  were driven to their decision by racism. 

The fall back position for Democrats is that anyone who disagrees with them on anything must be racist, Islamophobic, Exnophobic, sexist, transphobic etc. Democratic Party is becoming a very small tent....you have to agree with them on EVERYTHING or else youre the enemy

mrdeeds

Quote from: whitey on June 27, 2018, 03:45:25 PM
Quote from: heganboy on June 27, 2018, 03:19:20 PM
Supreme Court master plan by the GOP is bearing fruit for the wealthy and the xenophobic in spades this week.

The deplorables and their overlords playing to their base instincts are playing a blinder and should all be feeling very pleased with themselves.

My cousin claims that people who voted for Obama twice, then voted for Trump in 2016  were driven to their decision by racism. 

The fall back position for Democrats is that anyone who disagrees with them on anything must be racist, Islamophobic, Exnophobic, sexist, transphobic etc. Democratic Party is becoming a very small tent....you have to agree with them on EVERYTHING or else youre the enemy
[/quote

Well if you listen to Trump as a Republican you have to agree with him on everything. If ever a country needed a 3rd or 4th political party as an alternative.

Gmac

Quote from: Syferus on June 27, 2018, 02:49:56 PM
Quote from: Gmac on June 27, 2018, 02:37:20 AM
Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2018, 09:10:14 PM
Quote from: Gmac on June 26, 2018, 08:35:27 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2018, 05:33:40 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 26, 2018, 05:26:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2018, 04:44:52 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 26, 2018, 04:21:39 PM
So called "Muslim" Travel Ban upheld by Supreme Court

Meltdown occurs in 3....2.....1...

What do you mean "so-called"?

That's exactly what it was. Giuliani is on record saying that finding a "legal" way to ban Muslims was his remit.

He's had to modify it and the conservative Supreme Court says the current version is within his gift as President, but that in itself doesn't make the whole issue morally right.

If it is a "Muslim ban"  it is a pretty ineffective one, considering it doesn't apply to 88% of the worlds Muslim, but believe what you want

It was as much as he thought he could get away with.

YOU believe what YOU want, but both Giuliani and Trump are on the record.
iran Syria chad Iraq Libya Sudan Somalia Yemen Venezuela North Korea are the countries on ban list all are either going through civil war or are basket cases where the government do not share or cooperate on terrorisn with any countries . A sovereign country should be able to decide who comes in and out of their country ,not USA problem most of these nations are Muslim

Whoever said a sovereign nation doesn't have the right to admit who they want?

I'm merely pointing out that Trump rabble roused and promised to ban Muslim immigration, then set the likes of Giuliani the task to come up with some way to do it legally. The initial clusterfuck was the best they could come up with. The courts have forced them to redo it until finally, 18 months later, a partisan Supreme Court says it not our problem as he has the authority.
its a very sane policy if u can't verify who somebody is they can't enter the country but trump is a clown and finds it next to impossible to say something without disparaging a group or insulting someone , also I think people should kind of understand that trump takes some really hard positions on immigration, trade which allows him to bargain and give some concessions but still get what he wants

I nearly pissed myself when I read that Trump isn't a bumbling, short-attention span fool and actually has a plan. Best joke of the year.
the thing is 75% of the world are short attention spanned  fools who do nothing only stare at an iPhone all day long so he or his policy makers know most controversies will last a few days and people move on or forget . An example the child separation issue a policy that was enforced for a short period of time and then the policy was changed but if u are a parent thinking about crossing the border illegally with a minor or sending a child with someone else u would probably not do it after the last few weeks for trump that's a win and trump or his policy makers don't care because in their view nothing else works ,

J70

Quote from: Gmac on June 27, 2018, 02:37:20 AM
Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2018, 09:10:14 PM
Quote from: Gmac on June 26, 2018, 08:35:27 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2018, 05:33:40 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 26, 2018, 05:26:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2018, 04:44:52 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 26, 2018, 04:21:39 PM
So called "Muslim" Travel Ban upheld by Supreme Court

Meltdown occurs in 3....2.....1...

What do you mean "so-called"?

That's exactly what it was. Giuliani is on record saying that finding a "legal" way to ban Muslims was his remit.

He's had to modify it and the conservative Supreme Court says the current version is within his gift as President, but that in itself doesn't make the whole issue morally right.

If it is a "Muslim ban"  it is a pretty ineffective one, considering it doesn't apply to 88% of the worlds Muslim, but believe what you want

It was as much as he thought he could get away with.

YOU believe what YOU want, but both Giuliani and Trump are on the record.
iran Syria chad Iraq Libya Sudan Somalia Yemen Venezuela North Korea are the countries on ban list all are either going through civil war or are basket cases where the government do not share or cooperate on terrorisn with any countries . A sovereign country should be able to decide who comes in and out of their country ,not USA problem most of these nations are Muslim

Whoever said a sovereign nation doesn't have the right to admit who they want?

I'm merely pointing out that Trump rabble roused and promised to ban Muslim immigration, then set the likes of Giuliani the task to come up with some way to do it legally. The initial clusterfuck was the best they could come up with. The courts have forced them to redo it until finally, 18 months later, a partisan Supreme Court says it not our problem as he has the authority.
its a very sane policy if u can't verify who somebody is they can't enter the country but trump is a clown and finds it next to impossible to say something without disparaging a group or insulting someone , also I think people should kind of understand that trump takes some really hard positions on immigration, trade which allows him to bargain and give some concessions but still get what he wants

Again, I don't think most people have any issue with having to vet someone prior to entry. However, that is not the same thing as pulling the plug on EVERYONE as Trump did, leaving a lot of people in limbo who were in the process of getting approved or had already been approved for entry. What does some poor Yemeni or Syrian refugee and his family do when they'd left their home to work on getting asylum and then suddenly Trump sweeps the rug out from under them and they're stuck, not able to go back home?

Trump's negotiating tactics? The proof will be in the pudding. He's not trying to intimidate some real estate rival in Manhattan or Atlantic City.

whitey

Trump gets another Supreme Court Pick-Kennedy retiring

Just heard Chris Matthews-he's apoplectic 😤

Eamonnca1

It's okay. According to Mitch McConnell, the sitting president doesn't get to nominate a Supreme Court justice replacement. According to him that's the job of the next president.

Eamonnca1

One more time. The definition of racist is not "anyone who disagrees with me." If you're weeping into your coffee for being called out as a racist, maybe you should stop being a racist.

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 27, 2018, 07:45:04 PM

Well yeah... the stolen Supreme Court seat has left this rather significant don't you think?

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 27, 2018, 07:55:09 PM
It's okay. According to Mitch McConnell, the sitting president doesn't get to nominate a Supreme Court justice replacement. According to him that's the job of the next president.

Oh yes....the old "Biden Rule"

Which was also promoted by Chuck Schumer in 2007

Funny when the shoe is on the other foot they don't like it

I can't take all the winning....it's getting boring

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 27, 2018, 07:56:43 PM

One more time. The definition of racist is not "anyone who disagrees with me." If you're weeping into your coffee for being called out as a racist, maybe you should stop being a racist.

Point out a single posting I have ever made that could be remotely considered rascist

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 27, 2018, 08:05:22 PM

Well yeah... the stolen Supreme Court seat has left this rather significant don't you think?

We've ploughed this ground before

Garland should have been given a hearing, but the Democrats own behavior under prior Republican  administrations is partly to blame for McConnell getting away with it

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: whitey on June 27, 2018, 08:06:20 PMI can't take all the winning....it's getting boring

What exactly are you winning at? You spend 6 hours a day listening to talk radio driving a truck . 

screenexile

QuoteHarley Davidson CEO Matthew S Levatich says:

"Our decision to move some of our operations is 100% based on President Trumps tariffs. Mr. Trump knows nothing about economics and even less about trade. The man is a moron."

dec

Quote from: whitey on June 27, 2018, 08:10:29 PM

Garland should have been given a hearing, but the Democrats own behavior under prior Republican  administrations is partly to blame for McConnell getting away with it

Which Republican Supreme Court nominee did a Democratic Senate deny a vote to?

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 27, 2018, 08:10:29 PM

You commented that Matthews was upset. I said why it was justified.

And rhetoric/words are not the same as action. The GOP is the party who followed through. They've set the precedent. It will bite THEM on the arse in the future. Who knows WHERE the threshold will end up now? Will a vacancy be even considered after the midterms in future when the senate is in opposition control?

But yeah, we've probably covered this before.