The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Question for those better informed than me...

Runners for both the democratic and Republican nominations have done and continue to drop out of both races. Where do the delegates that these runners previously won across various states then be assigned?

The us networks are making a big deal about how many delegates each still need. I'm wondering, for example, where rubio's delegates go.

screenexile

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 16, 2016, 11:43:22 AM

Question for those better informed than me...

Runners for both the democratic and Republican nominations have done and continue to drop out of both races. Where do the delegates that these runners previously won across various states then be assigned?

The us networks are making a big deal about how many delegates each still need. I'm wondering, for example, where rubio's delegates go.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/primary2.htm

Ostensibly, the delegates go to the national convention uncommitted, like superdelegates. There, they should be allowed to vote however they choose.

These delegates may also be folded into another candidate's delegates. If a candidate drops out of the race, he or she may endorse a rival candidate in the same party. Once this happens, the delegates formerly belonging to the candidate may pledge to the endorsed one.

deiseach

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 16, 2016, 11:43:22 AM

There are probably still a few phone boxes/booths left in Cleveland.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

foxcommander

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

screenexile

Quote from: foxcommander on March 16, 2016, 01:27:28 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 16, 2016, 04:47:56 AM

Yes - in between trips to visit the tooth fairy and santa claus.

Was Bin Laden not caught and killed under Obama's watch?!!

What fabrication are you trying to come up with now? Was it Trump all along?!!

The Iceman

It's all very scary to watch unfold. I don't know any Trump supporters. I'd love to know why they support him.  He is building up steam now and looks to be the front runner.
Any chance of a 3rd party emerging at this point? Or an independent candidate like Romney stepping up or is it too late?

Russia backs Trump. The KKK backs Trump... speaks volumes.

Obama should run for a 3rd term. Maybe that was the plan all along. Save the day.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

deiseach

Obama trolling the GOP by nominating a libtard to the Supreme Court. Yer man must have a thicker skin than a rhinoceros.

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on March 16, 2016, 02:59:00 PM
Obama trolling the GOP by nominating a libtard to the Supreme Court. Yer man must have a thicker skin than a rhinoceros.

Smart.

They will be apoplectic. There will be a massive row, filibuster, etc. etc.

Then there will be a compromise on something or other, like the debt mountain, or Obamacare. And he will nominate someone else. And everyone will be happy. Until the Reptards realise what happened. Probably at Hilary's inauguration.
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

Muppet just out of curiosity do you want Hilary in? Just so a Republican isn't in power?

I'm afraid many people will vote for Trump  - just so a Democrat isn't in the white house.

Both for me are very scary options....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on March 16, 2016, 05:02:57 PM
Muppet just out of curiosity do you want Hilary in? Just so a Republican isn't in power?

I'm afraid many people will vote for Trump  - just so a Democrat isn't in the white house.

Both for me are very scary options....

Good question.

Trying to read behind it, it seems no one could possibly think she might be any good as President. I just think she is by far the best of the bunch running. Her personality doesn't do anything for me, but that doesn't matter. Calling her a liar is hysterically funny, considering no one over here believes anything politicians say (except maybe the party lackies).

I think Sanders is unelectable, but I could be wrong. I just think he is too far to the left for the US (or from the right-wing datum that they call the center over there).

I think Trump is not only unelectable, but unacceptable to many likely partners. Remember the international reaction to this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jörg_Haider. There could be a lot more of this if Trump gets in: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/05/politics/donald-trump-uk-ban-debate/index.html Is that what America wants?

But in general, after the Bush Wars for Bush cronies, there is no way I want to see a Republican in charge of US military policy again.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on March 16, 2016, 05:18:14 PM
But in general, after the Bush Wars for Bush cronies, there is no way I want to see a Republican in charge of US military policy again.

Latest score: Bush 4 Obama 7

Bush: Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and Somalia.

Obama: Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, Libya and Syria.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

stew

Quote from: The Iceman on March 16, 2016, 02:52:20 PM
It's all very scary to watch unfold. I don't know any Trump supporters. I'd love to know why they support him.  He is building up steam now and looks to be the front runner.
Any chance of a 3rd party emerging at this point? Or an independent candidate like Romney stepping up or is it too late?

Obama should run for a 3rd term. Maybe that was the plan all along. Save the day.

2 and done thank the almighty, he is a walking disaster.

Remember Isis being the. JV squad?, Jesus wept.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Iceman

Quote from: stew on March 16, 2016, 05:48:38 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on March 16, 2016, 02:52:20 PM

2 and done thank the almighty, he is a walking disaster.

Remember Isis being the. JV squad?, Jesus wept.
I am not hoping for this Stew on any level - i think he is a horrible president - I just speculate that this was the plan all along. 

easytiger95

Quote from: foxcommander on March 16, 2016, 05:47:23 PM

Emm, if you're talking about wars started under his presidency then surely it is 4-3 to Bush? Maths not a strong point, no, Fox?

And we're the libtards  ::)

muppet

Quote from: easytiger95 on March 16, 2016, 05:53:31 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 16, 2016, 05:47:23 PM

Emm, if you're talking about wars started under his presidency then surely it is 4-3 to Bush? Maths not a strong point, no, Fox?

And we're the libtards  ::)

Obama hasn't invaded any country.

The score is Bush 2 (Iraq & Afghanistan) Obama 0.

American lives lost to date in those wars are 2,229 & 4,488 respectively.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war

Obama did announce Operation Inherent Resolve (Operations against ISIL) in 2014. At the end of 2015 there appear to have been 4 US military fatalities according to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Inherent_Resolve

More information here: http://fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf

Comparing Bush's war record and Obama's is absurd. And despite everything George 'we're gonna smoke them out' Bush didn't get Bin Laden, Obama did.
MWWSI 2017