Policeman Shot Dead - Armagh ..

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, March 09, 2009, 11:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

News coming in ... obviously a campaign / offensive has begun .. i.e. Antrim not a one-off. ???

Our Nail Loney

Wasn't there a report about where the most activity of dissident republicans was?? I think Lurgan/Craigavon was pretty high up in the list.

Was worrying at the time, even more so now.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ziggysego

A device has also been found outside a police station in Lurgan.

I fear the bad times are returning
Testing Accessibility

Our Nail Loney

John O Dowd on ITV said that his reports was that another policeman was injured but he is not sure how accurate this report is as yet...

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: ziggysego on March 09, 2009, 11:33:11 PM
A device has also been found outside a police station in Lurgan.

I fear the bad times are returning

Just got a text confirming this, North Street in Lurgan is cordoned off.

Guess what street in Lurgan my bookies is?  :-\

Tony Baloney

Is this the same attack as on the other thread? If so, why another thread?

fitzroyalty

Is it confirmed a device has been found? It maybe just an attempt to stretch resources, although plenty of cop cars were roaring up the M1 earlier

ziggysego

Quote from: fitzroyalty on March 09, 2009, 11:35:59 PM
Is it confirmed a device has been found? It maybe just an attempt to stretch resources, although plenty of cop cars were roaring up the M1 earlier

A telephone warning and the PSNI are now carrying out a search
Testing Accessibility

Donagh

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on March 09, 2009, 11:27:25 PM
News coming in ... obviously a campaign / offensive has begun .. i.e. Antrim not a one-off. ???

More likely opportunists acting on the back of Antrim and hoping to spark off something serious. I may be wrong but I doubt very much they are capable of mounting a sustained campaign. These ones are limited to a few estates in and around Tullygally.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Donagh on March 09, 2009, 11:37:53 PM

More likely opportunists acting on the back of Antrim and hoping to spark off something serious. I may be wrong but I doubt very much they are capable of mounting a sustained campaign. These ones are limited to a few estates in and around Tullygally.

Agree with your post but sure how many people does it take to start stirring up shit and wrecking everything?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Donagh on March 09, 2009, 11:37:53 PM

Was also thinking that but maybe it could be said on a broader scale i.e. across the North. Hopefully not. Never paid to much heed to the capabilities of the "Republicans" in Craigavon though I feel it is a sucker punch to the PSNI surely they could have been better prepared (landrovers rather than squad cars)

Donagh

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on March 09, 2009, 11:39:08 PM
Agree with your post but sure how many people does it take to start stirring up shit and wrecking everything?

My sympathies to you Nial as I know you live in and around there, but it should be a matter of shutting the estates down as has happened with the previous trouble there. I'd say out biggest worry will be the retaliation is this boy turns out to be Protestant. Luckily the LVF and UVF in Mourneview and Portadown are too busy knocking shit out of each other to worry about Fenians, hopefully this doesn't give them reason to bury their differences (with a dead Taig).

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Donagh on March 09, 2009, 11:44:17 PM

My sympathies to you Nial as I know you live in and around there, but it should be a matter of shutting the estates down as has happened with the previous trouble there. I'd say out biggest worry will be the retaliation is this boy turns out to be Protestant. Luckily the LVF and UVF in Mourneview and Portadown are too busy knocking shit out of each other to worry about Fenians, hopefully this doesn't give them reason to bury their differences (with a dead Taig).

Its retaliation that I am most worried by, especially in the sort of areas that I live and frequent... Lets hope there is a swift end to any of this crap...

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Donagh on March 09, 2009, 11:44:17 PM

'Shutting the estates down' was never and never will be the answer, this angers me that you think this would work, you will only ghettoise these areas and foster more hatred against the state, your approach is basically a form of internment, sweep them all up and put them in the one place and this will solve it.  Sorry but it wont Donagh, a very narrow naive approach from you which is surprising.
As I posted in the last thread these people will actually hope it was a catholic officer to act as a detterent to other catholics thinking of joining up.

Let these people put forward a candidiate for the forthcoming European elections and that way we will see just how many people support them across the 6 counties.