UK's existence is at risk - Brown

Started by ziggysego, January 13, 2007, 03:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Quote from: Feckitt on November 20, 2013, 01:14:02 PM
This time next year Scotland will be the laughing stock of the world when they decide that no they don't want to run their own country.  :-[

that's what I was thinking.. they'll never live it down.. arseholes
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

fearglasmor

Quote from: forkinknife on January 18, 2007, 10:03:25 AM
Just a pity the Irish, Welsh and Scottish didn't gang up on the English. Then we could've called England Irewelscoland and Rooney etc would have been bursting a gut to get a trial for Newry Town.

There's still time but the icebergs are melting any way and ourselves as well as the scots are done for. I suppose it'd be best to head for the hills, somewhere like DOnegal but it wouldn't be much of a life sitting up there all day at Griannan an Aileach. There'd be no Tescos Home Shopping or Dominos Pizza. Homemade bingo would keep you occupied for a while but you'd get pissed off. That'd lead you onto cannibalism i'd say that no one wants that right now.

Rooney would still be living in Galway and recognised as the heir to Padraig Joyces boots.

lawnseed

by the time the English press are finish with the scots they'll be gripping their union jack comfort blanket so hard..

muppet

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 20, 2013, 01:20:04 PM
If the 'Pro' side gain more than 25% I will be astonished the way the debate is slowly unfurling.

A vote to continue outsourcing Government?
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

Any Canadians in the house?  What became of Quebecois separatism? Did it peak at the 1995 referendum?  That was a close run thing.

Maguire01

This time next year Scotland will be the laughing stock of the world when they decide that no they don't want to run their own country.  :-[
Why would they be a laughing stock? Is it not a valid position to favour being part of a union (for those that want to vote that way)? Would any of the US states be a laughing stock if the voted against independence from the rest of the USA?

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 20, 2013, 10:18:16 PM
Why would they be a laughing stock? Is it not a valid position to favour being part of a union (for those that want to vote that way)? Would any of the US states be a laughing stock if the voted against independence from the rest of the USA?
I know... ::) I just cant get my head around why people in Scotland wouldn't want to be ruled by a conservative aristocrat/toff hundreds of miles away whose power base is under a line east to west and south of Birmingham. I wonder if that has anything to do with why everything under that line is booming and above it there is widespread dereliction.. and the likes of Poland why ::) did they not want to remain ruled by Moscow and cech and slovac why didnt they remain the one country? your right Maguire why bother with all that self rule when you can just let someone else tell you what to do and decide how you should live your life?
spoken like a true Mexican.. "sure them ff/fg guys they run the country why question what they do"? 

seafoid

Quote from: lawnseed on November 21, 2013, 09:13:26 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 20, 2013, 10:18:16 PM
I know... ::) I just cant get my head around why people in Scotland wouldn't want to be ruled by a conservative aristocrat/toff hundreds of miles away whose power base is under a line east to west and south of Birmingham. I wonder if that has anything to do with why everything under that line is booming and above it there is widespread dereliction.. and the likes of Poland why ::) did they not want to remain ruled by Moscow and cech and slovac why didnt they remain the one country? your right Maguire why bother with all that self rule when you can just let someone else tell you what to do and decide how you should live your life?
spoken like a true Mexican.. "sure them ff/fg guys they run the country why question what they do"?
I don't understand why the Tories want to hang onto Scotland. They have no MPs there and Labour have most of them. Without Scotland Labour would find it much harder to get a majority in Westminster . 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

North Sea oil. Handy testing ground for the military, experimenting with new laws etc.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 21, 2013, 07:00:55 PM
North Sea oil. Handy testing ground for the military, experimenting with new laws etc.
there isn't much of it left.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

What's the feeling in Scotland on the referendum as to how it will go?
Lámh Dhearg/London Camanachd - any info??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lawnseed

H
Quote from: seafoid on November 21, 2013, 09:27:15 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 21, 2013, 07:00:55 PM
there isn't much of it left.
Gas fish beef whiskey.. Military bases.. Arseholes who'll fight their wars for them.. Not to mention the vast areas of top class farmland owned by english aristocrats on the east coast they dont like the idea of an independant scotland.
Dont get me wrong I detest scots.. But whats going to happen over the next year will be a dry run for this place when the time comes

Applesisapples

Even the SNP know they won't win the vote. Thats not what it's about a bit like the Shinners here it is about establishing the thought in people's heads and working towards it. I the meantime they will also push for greater independance within the Union. I'd say if they get around 30% they'd be doing well and happy.

Minder

A few Rangers fans eloquent view on potential independence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2A&sns=em

"f**k Bobby Sands, he's deed"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Applesisapples

Quote from: Minder on November 22, 2013, 05:34:32 PM
A few Rangers fans eloquent view on potential independence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2A&sns=em

"f**k Bobby Sands, he's deed"
What an enlightened group of fine upstanding British Citizens, you can see why Unionists want to remain tied to them.