business closures/job struggles formerly 'its the waiting that is hell'

Started by longball, March 04, 2009, 02:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longball

Ive applied for about 15 jobs in the last month. Ive heard back from 2 of them so far. Everyone is saying it could take up to a month before u hear back. Money is very tight at the mo and another lock of weeks with nothing will be hell. anyone else experiencing this at the minute?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

illdecide

Quote from: full back on March 04, 2009, 02:56:50 PM
Can someone explain what a 90 day redundancy risk is?

Yeah..it means your fooked saan. And the way my jobs going i could be the same as we just lost a massive job in Newry
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

longball

we were all put on protected notice meaning we could be paid off at any time! currently we are layed off on 100pound a week we could be called back in at any stage but have been advised to seek alternative employment. There is nothing out there and any job there is they is 100+ people in for it. Ive had to apply for jobs over an hour away from where im living

one for the road

LB been in the same position myself. Had my hours cut back but the bills still keep rolling in. Have applied for 20+ jobs, had 2 interviews but no luck so far. In general i havent heard back for positions that I am more than qualified for, its frustrating as hell

longball

One for the road- ive applied for a number of positions that im over qualifed for- im an accounting technician and part qualifed chartered accountant- and i haven't heard back from anythin. I changed jobs from an accountants to a manufacturing firm 18 months ago when leaving the accountants i had my pick of jobs now its very hard to even get an interview. Our post doesnt come to 2.30 so waiting around all morning sucks as well.

This has been my day for last few weeks:

9AM Get up, breakfast brush teeth, clean self etc

(the following is whilst on Internet on GAAboard, hotmail and a number of job sites)
10AM: Scrubs on Paramount
11AM: King Of Queens on Paramount
12NOON: Usually make somethin to eat
12.40PM: Scrubs is on E4
13.40PM: Play X Box
14.30PM: Post comes fingers crossed- NOTHING THERE
15.00PM: Woman working in school finishes so usually spend afternoon with her.
(a lot of days il do weights, go for run, cycle etc just to break up this pattern)

illdecide

F**k as much as your job does your head in i would not like to be on the dole as it's mad and no money...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Quote from: longball on March 04, 2009, 03:22:33 PM

(the following is whilst on Internet on GAAboard, hotmail and a number of job sites)
(a lot of days il do weights, go for run, cycle etc just to break up this pattern)

What about Jerry Kyle?

Donagh

On the flip side I've been pulling 70 and 80 hours weeks without overtime for the past two months because we've a moratorium on new staff and had 5 leave since November without being replaced. Fecking wrecked, but suppose it's better than being on the dole...

Hereiam

Does anyone see how this is going to be turned around. Not looking to hot at the minute.

longball

Quote from: full back on March 04, 2009, 03:29:07 PM

What about Jerry Kyle?

Cant stand it... sorry would be all right if u didnt have sky but we do so there ya go

brokencrossbar1

One for the road- ive applied for a number of positions that im over qualifed for- im an accounting technician and part qualifed chartered accountant- and i haven't heard back from anythin. I changed jobs from an accountants to a manufacturing firm 18 months ago when leaving the accountants i had my pick of jobs now its very hard to even get an interview. Our post doesnt come to 2.30 so waiting around all morning sucks as well.

No harm to you Longball, but get off your hole and stop waiting for the post, knock on doors, ring people, pester recruitment agencies.  If you're not in theior faces they will not do anything for you.

thebigfella

Well I got into work this morning and got told by our head buck cat in the states I was taking a salary cut effective from March. Little does he know their are employment laws in Europe that prevent him from sending a company wide email out declaring this without consulting me and everyone else  >:(

one for the road

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 04, 2009, 03:36:43 PM

No harm to you Longball, but get off your hole and stop waiting for the post, knock on doors, ring people, pester recruitment agencies.  If you're not in theior faces they will not do anything for you.

Recruitment agencies are a pack of useless wh*res you will ever come across in your life.

Im working in the accounts end of things as well and there is very little about unless you are a qualified accountant (which im not)  >:( get email alerts everyday abnout jobs and id say 70% or more are looking for qualified accountants

LB you in the north or south of the border?

longball

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 04, 2009, 03:36:43 PM

Im involved with a number of different agencies Hays, brightwater and rutledge. Was at interviews for all them. Again its just the waiting game. Been on the phone to places but theres nothing out there. Anybody notice any Accountancy or Office Work going in Northern Ireland let me know.

Im constantly on jobcentre online and think ive applied for every job that im even near suitable for. Would do anythin at the min thou doesnt have to be an office job.

one for the road

register with nijobs.com they send you daily alerts of jobs your interested in. Your another fecker that il be competing against now  8)