Fuel Cards

Started by The Real Laoislad, February 27, 2009, 02:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Just wondered if any of the fellow self employed on the board use a fuel card?
I have been offered a couple over the past few days one from a company called Dci who are working with Topaz and the other is a company called FastFuel who are in bed with Maxol/Texaco.
Both are offering me Diesel for 87c at the moment which is good as most pumps are 97c.
Are there any catches involved with using one of these cards?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gerrykeegan

none that i know of. One good thing is that they issue a vatable invoice to you every month. No arseing around with trying to find/keep receipts.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on February 27, 2009, 02:58:17 PM
none that i know of. One good thing is that they issue a vatable invoice to you every month. No arseing around with trying to find/keep receipts.

So even at the cheaper rate they offer you can still claim back vat on it?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

bingobus

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 27, 2009, 03:00:49 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on February 27, 2009, 02:58:17 PM

So even at the cheaper rate they offer you can still claim back vat on it?

Good few clients use them, its fairly clear the VAT charge on the monthly invoice and easier to use when doing a VAT return. At the cheaper rate, the VAT is still included and is obviously less as you are paying less.

gerrykeegan

No problem. Once its diesel. No using the card for Mrs Laoislad's petrol Cinquecento!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Doogie Browser

DCI are 100% RLL, they send you email alerts each week with their prices so that way you can compare with pump price and ensure you are getting fair deal, they have partnerships all over the country too so you are never far away from one.   

thebandit

DCI or the Topaz fuelcard have a wider range of stations taking their card - handy if you are on the move a good bit.

Zapatista

The company I work for use DCI. We have about 100 trucks on the road and we are happy with them.

bingobus

Quote from: thebandit on February 27, 2009, 03:26:15 PM
DCI or the Topaz fuelcard have a wider range of stations taking their card - handy if you are on the move a good bit.

;D  ;)

The Real Laoislad

DCI seem to be the best option so,has anyone heard of Fastfuel?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 27, 2009, 02:46:51 PM
Just wondered if any of the fellow self employed on the board use a fuel card?
I have been offered a couple over the past few days one from a company called Dci who are working with Topaz and the other is a company called FastFuel who are in bed with Maxol/Texaco.
Both are offering me Diesel for 87c at the moment which is good as most pumps are 97c.
Are there any catches involved with using one of these cards?
I've a buddy who sells DCI diesel and he's happy with his end of things. He has had no complaints from customers, either about quality or price and as everyone uses fuelcards, he doesn't have an attendant on duty and does not need to hold cash around the place.
It seems to be a win win situation for all concerned.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ildanach

i have a topaz card. get a text every friday with the price for the week.I find it great. The only crib i have with it is that  if the station price was cheaper you used to get the cheaper rate now it is just the price you get texted that you can use only. saying that though it was rare that the station price was lower
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.