Counter Demonstration to the Public Sector Strike

Started by Tankie, February 25, 2009, 01:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you march against the public sector in support of cuts?

Yes
18 (45%)
Yes (I am a civil servent)
4 (10%)
No
16 (40%)
No (I am a civil servent)
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Tankie

If there was a counter demonstration organised against the striking public/civil servents who are going to strike over pay knowing the affect it will have on the private sector workers / businesses, would you march against them and in support of cuts? Of course this would be on a non working day (Saturday or Sunday)!

Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Yes! The best suggestion I've seen in terms of a protest in ages!
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

Judging by the support for this already it might be a idea if somebody could organise it. we keep hearing about how hard the 330k publin servents have it but the 1.7m private sector works cant just go on strike over having to 'contibute' to own own pensions!
Grand Slam Saturday!

BennyHarp

You lads are deadly men for the old protesting? Do you have a quota for the year that you need to fulfill?  How did the protest outside Croke Park go during the Tyrone V Dublin game - didnt notice it!
That was never a square ball!!

Tankie

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 25, 2009, 02:30:23 PM
You lads are deadly men for the old protesting? Do you have a quota for the year that you need to fulfill?  How did the protest outside Croke Park go during the Tyrone V Dublin game - didnt notice it!

that was a boycott, not a protest!
Grand Slam Saturday!

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!