Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: trileacman on January 19, 2018, 11:29:50 PM
Quote from: TabClear on January 19, 2018, 12:53:13 PM
Quote from: TabClear on January 17, 2018, 02:51:05 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 17, 2018, 02:47:14 PM
Marko Grujic on loan to Cardiff

Hopefully a good move for both parties. I have to say he has impressed me when he has played. Not sure why he is not featuring more.

I see Cardiff have to play him in  at least 14 games or get hit financially. He needs to take his chance to make a big statement, especially as if Can does leave in the summer there could be a starting spot for next season to play for if he impresses. However, I cannot remember too many Liverpool loan deals working out like Harry Kane in the past so not getting my hopes up.

Apart from Kane how many loan deals do work out? Anybody have some good examples of successful ones? It always seems to be a way of shuffling guys towards the door in any club.

Sturridge at Bolton, Beckham at Preston but can't think of too many of the top of my head

trileacman

Quote from: gawa316 on January 19, 2018, 11:34:15 PM
Quote from: trileacman on January 19, 2018, 11:29:50 PM
Quote from: TabClear on January 19, 2018, 12:53:13 PM
Quote from: TabClear on January 17, 2018, 02:51:05 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 17, 2018, 02:47:14 PM
Marko Grujic on loan to Cardiff

Hopefully a good move for both parties. I have to say he has impressed me when he has played. Not sure why he is not featuring more.

I see Cardiff have to play him in  at least 14 games or get hit financially. He needs to take his chance to make a big statement, especially as if Can does leave in the summer there could be a starting spot for next season to play for if he impresses. However, I cannot remember too many Liverpool loan deals working out like Harry Kane in the past so not getting my hopes up.

Apart from Kane how many loan deals do work out? Anybody have some good examples of successful ones? It always seems to be a way of shuffling guys towards the door in any club.

Sturridge at Bolton, Beckham at Preston but can't think of too many of the top of my head

Fair enough.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

magpie seanie

Lukaku at Everton. Larson at United.

trileacman

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 19, 2018, 11:35:22 PM

Lukaku was sold after his loan, hence he was shepherded out the door. Larson was an out of season loan deal so it's not what I was looking for.

I didn't ask for big names that were loaned I asked for a successful loan i.e. were a young lad is loaned out, does well, comes back a better player and breaks into the first team.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

Was Courtois loaned to Atletico before coming back to Chelsea ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

LooseCannon

Quote from: Minder on January 20, 2018, 12:03:45 AM
Was Courtois loaned to Atletico before coming back to Chelsea ?

Yes, on loan for 2 years

J70

Not strictly the same thing, but Jack Wilshire has had a good season after his loan last year.

The likes of Kyle Walker, Danny Welbeck and Ryan Bertrand did well after loans, but in general I think it's a fair point. Unless they're still in their teens, if a player who is good enough won't be loaned out. Hopefully it will benefit Grujic though as he is still relatively young. At least they've put the condition regarding playing time in there, so his time won't be wasted.

Over the Bar

Quote from: trileacman on January 19, 2018, 11:54:10 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 19, 2018, 11:35:22 PM

Lukaku was sold after his loan, hence he was shepherded out the door. Larson was an out of season loan deal so it's not what I was looking for.

I didn't ask for big names that were loaned I asked for a successful loan i.e. were a young lad is loaned out, does well, comes back a better player and breaks into the first team.

Google is your friend...as much as anyone else's on the thread!

imtommygunn

Captain Obvious

Poor header by Van Dijk on that Swansea goal.

J70

Problems with the parked bus again, big time. Way too predictable and slow.

Wait till you see them harass the f**k out of Spurs next week.

Gabriel_Hurl

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Captain Obvious

Beat the best team in the league Manchester City in the last game scoring 4 goals, tonight beaten by the worst team in the league and failed to score. That type of inconsistency must drive Liverpool supporters mad.