The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

That was a needless by Roberston but should Maguire still have been on the pitch.

RedHand88

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on January 30, 2019, 08:52:45 PM
That was a needless by Roberston but should Maguire still have been on the pitch.

Would have been a very harsh red. He's at the half way line.

dec

Liverpool conceded 7 goals in the first 19 league games. They have now conceded 7 in the last 4 and a half league games.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Harold Disgracey

Disappointing, but still 5 points clear.

laoislad

Probably the worst performance of the season. Lucky enough to even get a draw as Leicester had plenty of chances.
Probably should have had a peno and McGuire could have been sent off.
Long long way to go yet.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Main Street

It was a penalty offence, just not seen by the ref.

dec

First points dropped this season against a non "big 6" team

Capt Pat

I didn't see the game but that is a point gained on city which is important. Chelsea got thumped by Bournemouth so it could have been worse.

north_antrim_hound

Unlucky with the penalty not being awarded but the players look very jittery, I think being top of the league is giving them vertigo.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

TabClear

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 30, 2019, 10:21:39 PM
Unlucky with the penalty not being awarded but the players look very jittery, I think being top of the league is giving them vertigo.

That pretty much went as expected.  ::) Salah and Shaqiri were not in the game at all and everything was very static upfront bar Mane. More worrying is that this could set the tone for most teams against us the rest of the season.  Thought Fabinho helped when he came on, very direct and you do miss TAA bombing on in games like these. I would have preferred to have started Fab and keep Shaq back as a sub. I think he is better in that role than Lallana. Worryingly we looked a bit unsure at the back and Leicester can count themselves unlucky not to have got another goal, they definitely had the clearer chances, Maddison in particular.

Was a definite penalty despite the BT commentators (and resident ref??) only getting there after about 4 replays.  ::) However, can see how the ref missed it in real time and Liverpool have got their share of 50/50 calls in this regard lately. Keita was fairly anonymous apart from that. On the Maguire card, not a red for me. Ball was too far away and towards the side of the penalty area. Yes Mane would probably have got there and got through on goal with his pace but too subjective for me to warrant a red.

Anyway, if you had told me at the start of the City game on Tuesday we would be a point further ahead after the two games I would have bit your arm off so onto West Ham!

magpie seanie

Is undersoil heating a thing of the past? Saw a good bit of the game last night and was surprised to see so much snow still on the pitch. Might have looked worse than it was but it defintely seemed to slow the ball down.

laoislad

Quote from: TabClear on January 31, 2019, 08:42:49 AM

Anyway, if you had told me at the start of the City game on Tuesday we would be a point further ahead after the two games I would have bit your arm off so onto West Ham!
This is pretty much the only positive from last night. I fully expected both City and Liverpool to win their games. So to drop 2 points but still go even further in front of City was an unexpected bonus.
Still can't help but think it was a massive opportunity missed though.
The defense is a worry. Hopefully TAA and Gomez are back asap. Keita was very poor I thought.  He really hasn't turned into the signing I thought he was going to be. Not writing him off just yet but I would definitely be starting Fabinho ahead of him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

north_antrim_hound

It's Liverpool so even if they pull this thing off they are  gonna make you sweat to the last minute, has it ever been any other way.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets