The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Black eye Friday and all you guys are sitting in watching the Late Late Show?  :-\

ONeill

The average age of the posters on here has increased as the board ages. I'd say we're in our 30s now. Some lads, BC, Hardy etc are perhaps closer to the half century.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

hsthompson

For a man that is/was a teacher and has a 3rd level education he is a very poor speaker. Mary Byrne was able to express herself far better and was a lot more interesting to listen to, and I'm sure she hasn't had the education Galvin had. Fashion column my arsehole, just cos he's into his clothes doesn't mean he's actually good at choosing fashion or setting trends. I think he might come out in this documentary? He seemed to be holding something back. And if he's not announcing something as big as that, then why the hell have RTE spent the money making a documentary on such a boring person? He'd need to be coming out for them to justify sending a film crew to new york for that bollox.

FL/MAYO

I like him, he seems like a header, big deal if he is into fashion you would think it was a crime the way Tubridy was on about it.So what if he has 60 pairs of shoes at least he is not pissing his money down the toilet in some bar.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hsthompson on December 18, 2010, 01:29:08 PM
For a man that is/was a teacher and has a 3rd level education he is a very poor speaker. Mary Byrne was able to express herself far better and was a lot more interesting to listen to, and I'm sure she hasn't had the education Galvin had. Fashion column my arsehole, just cos he's into his clothes doesn't mean he's actually good at choosing fashion or setting trends. I think he might come out in this documentary? He seemed to be holding something back. And if he's not announcing something as big as that, then why the hell have RTE spent the money making a documentary on such a boring person? He'd need to be coming out for them to justify sending a film crew to new york for that bollox.
Nonsense argument. How many teachers would feel comfortable sitting being asked stupid questions in front of a live studio audience whilst being simultaneously being broadcast across the nation?! You have a strange view of teachers and people with a third level education.

hsthompson

It isn't nonsense. I expect an educated person who has to communicate with large groups of children on a daily basis to be able to string a sentence together. How is that a strange view? If he wasn't comfortable then what was he doing there in the first place, tell me? He seemed more than happy to go down the fashion route with the interview, and I wouldn't blame tubridy for that. It's obviously the image galvin is trying to portray. Not nonsense.

magpie seanie

Quote from: FL/MAYO on December 18, 2010, 01:56:00 PM
I like him, he seems like a header, big deal if he is into fashion you would think it was a crime the way Tubridy was on about it.So what if he has 60 pairs of shoes at least he is not pissing his money down the toilet in some bar.

I agree. Unlike the majority here I wouldn't be critical of the interview. There was none of this "poor me" or "its so hard doing this" shit that you get from too many intercounty players these days. He made f**k ups and fully accepts that it was totally out of order. I know nothing about fashion and can't see the fascination with it but if we were all the same it would be fairly boring. He is a brilliant player and takes as good as he gives. I wish he was from Sligo. Fair play to him and I hope he succeeds at whatever he goes at.

bennydorano

Quote from: hsthompson on December 18, 2010, 04:04:06 PM
It isn't nonsense. I expect an educated person who has to communicate with large groups of children on a daily basis to be able to string a sentence together. How is that a strange view? If he wasn't comfortable then what was he doing there in the first place, tell me? He seemed more than happy to go down the fashion route with the interview, and I wouldn't blame tubridy for that. It's obviously the image galvin is trying to portray. Not nonsense.
I fail to see what corelation there is between Education & comfort in front of a camera?  ???

hsthompson

Read my last post again and you can see how I made the correlation, if you don't agree then fair enough but it should be easy to understand. I don't think a camera and audience should have any bearing on it at all. The man will be used to the spotlight by now, and if he wasn't comfortable with it then why go on the show and why make a documentary??

ross matt

Quote from: gallsman on December 18, 2010, 12:19:59 AM
I've never watched the show religiously, but that was one of the most cringeworthy pieces of television I've ever seen.

I couldn't agree more with you Gallman. Cringe to the power of ten. Very strange interview. Tubridy clearly knew little about him except for the bad boy stuff. Galvin seemed to be going out of his way to look and sound eccentric. The 60 pairs of shoes.... having panned what to wear for the interview a week in advance.... the clip from the documentary....

I thought the audience were quite bemused...... I really dont know what the interview was about. If it was last year when he won the AI/player of the year/Allstar fair enoughj... but what was he promoting? the documentary? career change?

He has always been a poor speaker and last night was no different but it seemed as if he was holding something back as another poster here said. Apart from his misdemeanours I rate him the most effective player in the game but last night as a personality he look confused and foolish.

orangeman

Quote from: ross matt on December 18, 2010, 06:30:53 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 18, 2010, 12:19:59 AM
I've never watched the show religiously, but that was one of the most cringeworthy pieces of television I've ever seen.

I couldn't agree more with you Gallman. Cringe to the power of ten. Very strange interview. Tubridy clearly knew little about him except for the bad boy stuff. Galvin seemed to be going out of his way to look and sound eccentric. The 60 pairs of shoes.... having panned what to wear for the interview a week in advance.... the clip from the documentary....

I thought the audience were quite bemused...... I really dont know what the interview was about. If it was last year when he won the AI/player of the year/Allstar fair enoughj... but what was he promoting? the documentary? career change?

He has always been a poor speaker and last night was no different but it seemed as if he was holding something back as another poster here said. Apart from his misdemeanours I rate him the most effective player in the game but last night as a personality he look confused and foolish.

He's that alright, I'm not really sure what the purpose of the interview was but that won't worry me too much.

bennydorano

Quote from: hsthompson on December 18, 2010, 05:01:50 PM
Read my last post again and you can see how I made the correlation, if you don't agree then fair enough but it should be easy to understand. I don't think a camera and audience should have any bearing on it at all. The man will be used to the spotlight by now, and if he wasn't comfortable with it then why go on the show and why make a documentary??
Some of the most akward  people i've ever met have been teachers, Galvin whoring himself to the media is a separate issue.

Denn Forever

The interview with Colm Murray was very good and moving.  For once the host just allowed Colm to talk. 

Best of luck Colm.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Lecale2 on December 18, 2010, 10:59:11 AM
Black eye Friday and all you guys are sitting in watching the Late Late Show?  :-\

Quote from: ONeill on December 18, 2010, 12:47:09 PM
The average age of the posters on here has increased as the board ages. I'd say we're in our 30s now. Some lads, BC, Hardy etc are perhaps closer to the half century.

still no excuse for sitting at home watching the late late when you could be out and about getting black eyes o'neill
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

harlechman

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 18, 2010, 04:11:00 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on December 18, 2010, 01:56:00 PM

I agree. Unlike the majority here I wouldn't be critical of the interview. There was none of this "poor me" or "its so hard doing this" shit that you get from too many intercounty players these days. He made f**k ups and fully accepts that it was totally out of order. I know nothing about fashion and can't see the fascination with it but if we were all the same it would be fairly boring. He is a brilliant player and takes as good as he gives. I wish he was from Sligo. Fair play to him and I hope he succeeds at whatever he goes at.

Has he actually ever accepted that he was wrong to do what he did? All he seemed to say the other night was that "it looked bad on the TV".