The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpower

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 17, 2010, 11:44:14 PM
WTF??

Is Galvin mental?

I knew he was mental on a football pitch but the more that interview went on the more I wanted to reach for the phone to call the medics.

He is totally different (wont say weird in case I upset Hardstation who is big into fashion )  look he is at the end of his football careeer was an average teacher and is just doing a bit of self promotion . I suppose my memory of him is the fierce divied debates he has caused amongst Kerry fans over the years . But feck thanks for the all Irelands

J OGorman

Quote from: Tubberman on December 17, 2010, 11:45:13 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on December 17, 2010, 11:41:44 PM
Quote from: johnpower on December 17, 2010, 11:38:42 PM
Oh God heading down over the christmas . The lads down home  will be going mad . He is finished now in the eyes of the Kerry Football public

Why?  The man likes fashion is a bit ecentric? I found him a bit of craic and fresh air compared to most gaa interviewee's

I'd agree with you normally. I couldn't give a fiddlers what someone wants to do or what they're into.
But this is the supposed hard man of the Kerry team - the soul or spirit that drives them on when they need it.
And he goes on The Late Late Show telling the nation he has 80 or 90 pairs of shoes and was thinking of taking a fashion design course!
All very strange....

How many 'real' men are gonna wanna belt Mr Fashion in next years championship..' I nailed him'..should be a goodin

muppet

Famous French rugby player is a Sculpture and Cantona (eh) is an actor. Neither would be regarded as shrinking violets.

Why is Galvin weird just because he hasn't a clue how to dress himself? There have been generations of footballers who couldn't do up a tie. So what?
MWWSI 2017

johnpower

Quote from: hardstation on December 17, 2010, 11:52:19 PM
Quote from: johnpower on December 17, 2010, 11:49:25 PM
WTF??

Is Galvin mental?

I knew he was mental on a football pitch but the more that interview went on the more I wanted to reach for the phone to call the medics.

He is totally different (wont say weird in case I upset Hardstation who is big into fashion )  look he is at the end of his football careeer was an average teacher and is just doing a bit of self promotion . I suppose my memory of him is the fierce divied debates he has caused amongst Kerry fans over the years . But feck thanks for the all Irelands
How do you know this?

16160 posts

J OGorman

Quote from: johnpower on December 17, 2010, 11:54:31 PM
Quote from: hardstation on December 17, 2010, 11:52:19 PM
Quote from: johnpower on December 17, 2010, 11:49:25 PM
WTF??

Is Galvin mental?

How do you know this?

16160 posts

Woeful reply to a question I was also looking for an answer to...or was it a baseless comment to add spice to your vendetta?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on December 17, 2010, 11:46:25 PM
Thought Tubridy was crap. He didn't know whether is should like him or give him a rough ride. The clip of the fish-hooking was a bit like Pat Kenny and Dara. Tubridy asked no real question about it and just sorta stared at Galvin. The shoes bit could've been humorous but Tub thought he was being smart. Galvin was a bit pissed off at the banal questions I think esp the tattoo crap. It was like one of those '5 mins with...'
Far, far too much is made of his "bad boy" antics so I think he has every right to be peeved at those events taking precedence over the positive aspects of his career. Tubridy didn't really know what to make of him and his questions were crap - Galvin is perceived as different as he doesn't fit the GAA stereotype. There are plenty of fancy dans out there - sure the city boys tan and shave/wax. Wouldn't catch the country folk at that carry-on but I don't think it makes him strange.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on December 17, 2010, 11:52:08 PM
Famous French rugby player is a Sculpture and Cantona (eh) is an actor. Neither would be regarded as shrinking violets.

Why is Galvin weird just because he hasn't a clue how to dress himself? There have been generations of footballers who couldn't do up a tie. So what?
Must be front-row as he couldn't be very mobile.

RedandGreenSniper

I couldn't give a shite what Paul Galvin wears. Actually I applaud him for having a bit of style, even if I cringed at the NY clip. The shoes quote was hilarious, Imelda Galvin!

For me the worst part was the self-promotion of a guy who is obviously trying to make a career for himself. But I guess he's not the only person guilty of that.

Jesus, though, the size of his fecking hammers!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

gallsman

I've never watched the show religiously, but that was one of the most cringeworthy pieces of television I've ever seen.

Sandino

I only caught the end of the interview. I think he has every right to be different and not a stereotype. Although I think O'Neills notion that Tubirdy' was considering giving him a rough ride is a bit much.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

CiKe

lads can i watch this in the UK? Have never been able to use the rte.player yoke. Sounds like it was godawful stuff altogether.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 17, 2010, 11:59:04 PM

;D

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 17, 2010, 11:59:04 PM

Somehow the name Jean Pierre-Rives got left out of that post along with the 'r'.
MWWSI 2017

Gaffer

Just watched it there on RTE Player.

"I'm a footballer"

In other words  he's doing bog all now .

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

gallsman

Did he quit as a teacher after the furore over the duster?