The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 03, 2010, 11:49:24 PM
Also thought Blair came across well, although coming across well is his job these days.

You buy that? He's the master at 'coming across well'.

Fecking idiot. He still feigns surprise that Al-Queda inevitably filled the vacuum after the invasion of Iraq despite, fecking despite, the advice of all and sundry who were familiar with the region and who earnestly and emphatically advised the war criminal how it was an absolute nailed on certainty that the invasion would only be the beginning, and not the end, of anything. His ego and infatuation with US power rendered him blind to such wise counsel. Tory bastard.

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 03, 2010, 11:57:01 PM
Also thought Blair came across well, although coming across well is his job these days.

Fecking idiot. He still feigns surprise that Al-Queda inevitably filled the vacuum after the invasion of Iraq despite, fecking despite, the advice of all and sundry who were familiar with the region and who earnestly and emphatically advised the war criminal how it was an absolute nailed on certainty that the invasion would only be the beginning, and not the end, of anything. His ego and infatuation with US power rendered him blind to such wise counsel. Tory b**tard.

Glad to see someone agrees with me. Blair is a master of spin. All this crap about rising above the media nearly made me sick. He used the media to pedal his spin and now they are back to bite him on the arse. Tubridy also let him away with some outrageous statements which are probably to do with the famous bookworm not knowing the subject he was talking about well enough. I refer to the Iraq war where Mr Blair spoke about having to stop the monster Sadam who "gased his own people".
He did Gas his own people but it is interesting to look at how this happened. In brief Iranian Islamists overthrew the Shah which scared the life of the west for fear the revolution would spread (the shah was also a brutal dictator but he was a good friend of the west). Sadam invaded Iran and armed to the teeth with US arms was sure he would win but Iran were made of stern stuff and pushed him back over his border. Then Sadam used Gas provided by western countries to gas on the Iranians. When Iran moved back inside their own borders Sadam then gased the Kurds who lived inside Iraq and who Sadam believed had Iranian leanings. The west knew he was doing it and they had supplied the gas so its a bit rich to use that as a reason to invade Iraq.
The 2nd thing that was disgusting was Blairs next reason for invading Iraq. Apparently Sadam was such a brutal dictator that child mortality in Iraq was at a horrendously high level. Child mortality in Iraq was normal for that region (and maybe even better) until US/Brit sponsored sanctions on Iraq stopped food and medicine getting into the country. Supposedly the logic is if we make life so miserable for the people they will rise up and overthrow Sadam (who is armed to the teeth with western weapons) - never mind if 100's of thousands of children die. Then war monger Blair uses this as evidence that Sadam needed overthrowing! Our own Mary Robinson was at the fore of criticising these brutal sanctions.
Sadam was a savage brutal dictator but he was not the only one in the world and I think we all know why the yanks and brits decided to take him on, it was cos he stopped playing ball with them and got too big for his boots when he went into Kuwait. Blair is a lying dog and anyone who thinks he "came across well" really needs to brush up on their history and stop taking the master spin doctors word for things.

AZOffaly

Myles, lest there be any confusion... 'coming across well' does *not* necessarily mean you agree with him.

I think if he had a re-do, he wouldn't have been so gung ho on Iraq, but he has to peddle that line now, or else his legacy (despite his protestations) is absolutely destroyed, not to mention the 'war criminal' aspect.

However he did come across well iin the way he handled Tubridy's 'hard hitting (read repeating the same question 10 times to appear hard) approach.

Hereiam

100% agree with everything u said there myles. All this talk about the invasion in iraq, why was he not asked the invasion of the north and when did he think britian would allow this Island to be one again.

Shamrock Shore

Tubridy was never going to land a punch on someone who did 10 years of PM's Question Time. I would have liked to hear more of the discussions Ap Nart. Did Cowen really say, when Martin McGuinness said he'd have to discuss some proposal with the IRA, "Martin, there's a f**king mirror in the toilets, use that"

Jesus - whatever about Blair those eejits Jedward made me cringe. Two girly-boys that, like a bottle of milk that's been left out too long, are beginning to smell out the joint.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 03, 2010, 11:57:01 PM

Fecking idiot. He still feigns surprise that Al-Queda inevitably filled the vacuum after the invasion of Iraq despite, fecking despite, the advice of all and sundry who were familiar with the region and who earnestly and emphatically advised the war criminal how it was an absolute nailed on certainty that the invasion would only be the beginning, and not the end, of anything. His ego and infatuation with US power rendered him blind to such wise counsel. Tory b**tard.
He probably regrets not having experts in foreign affairs such as yourself to advise him. Twat.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Take Your Points on September 04, 2010, 04:10:33 PM
If anything Blair comes across as a bit scary.  He totally believes that everything he did was right.  Right to invade Iraq and Afghanistan and right in how he handled the economy and the banking system.

Though no real surprise in that he was someone comfortable in the company of GW Bush.
The world (apart from a large swathe of the US) knows he was wrong. You really think he'll admit to being wrong. His job now is to persuade the world to read his convincing account of how he was right.

If the opinion of the UN etc counted for nothing we only have mylestheslasher and FoSB to persuade him he was wrong.

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 04, 2010, 06:41:18 PM
If anything Blair comes across as a bit scary.  He totally believes that everything he did was right.  Right to invade Iraq and Afghanistan and right in how he handled the economy and the banking system.

Though no real surprise in that he was someone comfortable in the company of GW Bush.
The world (apart from a large swathe of the US) knows he was wrong. You really think he'll admit to being wrong. His job now is to persuade the world to read his convincing account of how he was right.

If the opinion of the UN etc counted for nothing we only have mylestheslasher and FoSB to persuade him he was wrong.

So why is he says that military action may be needed in Iran?
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Ziggy please rephrase that.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on September 05, 2010, 12:04:05 AM

What exactly does your retort have to do with my original post? Time you were in bed.

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 05, 2010, 12:15:35 AM

What exactly does your retort have to do with my original post? Time you were in bed.

You're saying the world knows he was wrong, but he doesn't want to admit he was wrong, so it trying to 'spin' to show he was right? Am I right in what I'm assuming you're saying?
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on September 05, 2010, 12:18:48 AM

You're saying the world knows he was wrong, but he doesn't want to admit he was wrong, so it trying to 'spin' to show he was right? Am I right in what I'm assuming you're saying?
Still not seeing your point. America pays his wages these days so what do you expect his line to be on Iran? If Iran are generating nuclear weapons (and this time actual evidence appears) is Blair wrong to want intervention?

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 05, 2010, 12:39:18 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on September 05, 2010, 12:18:48 AM

Still not seeing your point. America pays his wages these days so what do you expect his line to be on Iran? If Iran are generating nuclear weapons (and this time actual evidence appears) is Blair wrong to want intervention?

So he's still the US poodle.

As for Iran, I'm not that well read up on the situation yet. Bad me, I know.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

I wouldn't mind reading tony's book but I don't want to give any money to war criminals...
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Minder

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 05, 2010, 11:17:03 AM
I wouldn't mind reading tony's book but I don't want to give any money to war criminals...

You pay taxes I trust? You are funding the British war machine.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"