Previous topic - Next topic

comethekingdom

On a lighter note - Mario was great craic though. :D

omagh_gael

Quote from: comethekingdom on November 14, 2009, 12:17:17 AM
On a lighter note - Mario was great craic though. :D

Only caught the end of him, thought chris evans was good always liked him

leenie

after hearing their stories, the likes of frontline, primetime and any other programme that has ministers/bankers/economists as guests is a load of dung (could not think of something more appropriate)... my heart goes out to them (not that i imagine that means much when you have to leave your home in two weeks)... and so grateful i am not in their positions... when you actually see those affected you realise how they have been f%&ked (can't think of another word to describe it)... so right in saying crimes have been committed that will go undetected or just brushed aside... and those who have committed them are probably now sleeping peacefully!

when i wish i was young again, its not because i want less wrinkles, smother skin. less gravity  :P... its when i was younger i didn't realise that my life/plans /future are not entirely in my hands!

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Lawrence of Knockbride

Enjoyed Mario & Chris Evans. Best line of the night by Ronan Keating - " I'm not great at the writing". But I thought........... ;D

longrunsthefox

I really felt for those four people at the end all right but a lot of people did spend-spend-spend and borrow in the south like there would never be another poor day during that Celtic Tiger era... the gra for the wa-wa kind of ripped the soul out of the place ££££££££££££££

Celt_Man

Jaysus.... I'm watching the repeat of the late late now, had heard about this but watching it is something else...  this woman was abused at home and is being interviewed now.

Not gonna go into that much detail but abuse by her father, abused by pedo's for money given to parents, pregnant at 10 and a half, her baby stabbed to death by her mother. 

Absolutely sickening stuff and there is only one word for it... evil - pure and simple.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

Cynthia Owen is the lady's name and she has written a book called Living with Evil...

Tough stuff to hear about...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

Any of ye see the soldier and the man be blinded with a plastic bullet. He shot into a crowd of what he called stone throwers and blinded a 10 year old boy in 1972, the boy who is now a man forgives him and is friends with him. The victim in this must be a better man than me cos that Brit Soldier came across to me as a condescending, arrogant w**ker who could not even express guilt about what he done. I'd love to see him get a good hammering.

anglocelt39

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 05, 2010, 11:16:07 PM
Any of ye see the soldier and the man be blinded with a plastic bullet. He shot into a crowd of what he called stone throwers and blinded a 10 year old boy in 1972, the boy who is now a man forgives him and is friends with him. The victim in this must be a better man than me cos that Brit Soldier came across to me as a condescending, arrogant w**ker who could not even express guilt about what he done. I'd love to see him get a good hammering.

Without having seen the feature Myles it would appear that you are indeed correct on one count. The victim would appear to be a better person than me, and indeed it would appear yourself in being forgiving. As regards the Tommy who was involved on the other side of this incident I'm sure the opinion of the immediate victim is of slightly more importance than the views of you, I or any other internet warrior/pub republican.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Oldhacker

Calm down Myles. The victim is Richard Moore, who went on to become a successful businessman and a leading charity fund-raiser not only in Derry but across Ireland. He forgave the soldier, who is now his friend, went on to produce a memorable tv documentary about their meeting and wrote a book about his life story. If the soldier was the type of person you describe, he would not have answered the calls on Richard's behalf in the first place. It may not have been easy for him to have gone on the Late Late in the circumstances, but he did it anyway. Some of us might find the programme as an example of what can be achieved in Ireland, but you are entitled to disagree.

RedandGreenSniper

Clearly they get on well and it is a great story but I agree with Myles - the solider didn't come across too well.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Zapatista

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 05, 2010, 11:16:07 PM

Arguments for and against a truth commision. I'll take the view of the better man.

norabeag

What about that bollix Pat Buckley.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Oldhacker on February 05, 2010, 11:44:52 PM
Calm down Myles. The victim is Richard Moore, who went on to become a successful businessman and a leading charity fund-raiser not only in Derry but across Ireland. He forgave the soldier, who is now his friend, went on to produce a memorable tv documentary about their meeting and wrote a book about his life story. If the soldier was the type of person you describe, he would not have answered the calls on Richard's behalf in the first place. It may not have been easy for him to have gone on the Late Late in the circumstances, but he did it anyway. Some of us might find the programme as an example of what can be achieved in Ireland, but you are entitled to disagree.

Did you see the show? I don't know the history but I do know that I struggled to accept that this soldier could justify firing plastic bullets at children as he still does. For what it is worth he does not feel guilt at what he did and instead uses typical Brit language like "unfortunate" or "tragic" incident etc. Ryan Tubridy found it very difficult to accept the soldiers position and this was borne out by his line of questioning. Richard Moore is,of course, entitled to forgive the man and fair play that he could do that but for me when a terrible obvious wrong like this is done there should be remorse before the guy gets paraded around like he is a shining light of conflict resolution.

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties