The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: ONeill on October 01, 2011, 12:46:09 AM
Quote from: ross matt on October 01, 2011, 12:39:57 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on September 30, 2011, 11:22:47 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 30, 2011, 11:19:26 PM
Tubridy has a job on his hands here keeping it away from a Marty/free state issue.

I think Tubridy turned it into that. He invited Mitchell to specifically have a go at McGuinness. I wonder will he invite any other candidates to have a go at any other specifically named candidates?

In other news.... Norris' false English accent seems to be getting worse

Oh would ya quit your fuckin pathetic whingin!
McGuinness got an easy ride FFS.

What enlightening questions should he have been asked?

What's he gonna do for the Plumbers and Plasterers...?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ross matt

Tubridy has a job on his hands here keeping it away from a Marty/free state issue.

I think Tubridy turned it into that. He invited Mitchell to specifically have a go at McGuinness. I wonder will he invite any other candidates to have a go at any other specifically named candidates?

Jeez I dunno O'Neill. Care to take a wild guess yourself?

ONeill

Quote from: ross matt on October 01, 2011, 12:53:46 AM

Jeez I dunno O'Neill. Care to take a wild guess yourself?

No. I didn't pose the question. What's one question which wouldn't be an easy ride that should have been asked?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laoislad

What the f**k will he do for plumbers and plasterers...............
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Ulick

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 01, 2011, 12:49:57 AM
Based on that I'd say we're looking at one from Norris, McGuinness and Higgins. I'd disregard Mitchell, Dana and Davis with Gallagher a very outside bet.

Flip I thought Norris was a disaster in that he avoided every question and tried to make up for it with empty rhetorical oratory (Irish people aren't that stupid to fall for it). Gallagher might have hit a few buzz words for the Celtic Tiger generation but when pushed for detail he hadn't a notion of what to do or say - that boys going nowhere thank God, FF bluffer anyhow. Davis for me bombed out completely. Tubs could have given her the coup de grâce by either asking her how many quangos she was on or how much she was paid for the 4 Council of State meetings in 7 years she attended, but she was already gone at that stage. Michael D started off very strongly - almost sounded like Gerry Adams from his Louth campaign - talk of new Republic, citizens rights etc... but went a little downhill in the later part of the show when he started rambling about his 'cultural' achievements. Nice lad, definitely in the race for the right reasons, old school Irishman, feck, he even speaks like my favourite uncle, but... just a little bit too twee...
McGuinness handled everything with competency, experienced, didn't mention Mandela or say "in the round". Looked  the part, though was lucky he didn't the religious questions directed to Dana. Which brings me to the star performer of the night - Dana. Love her or hate her, she was the one who would have gotten most from this evening. She wasn't the best performer, coming behind Michael D and McGuinness, but her honesty and integrity shown through by the end. OK, she came across as very naive, but personally I've rather have someone with honesty and belief in their convictions, even if I disagree, rather than some gimp who tries to be everything to everyone. I think there was someone else on the panel, but not sure, so my run-down would be:

Michael Higgins, Martin McGuinness (Joint 1st)
Dana (3rd)
Norris (4th)
Gallagher (5th)
Davis (6th)

Nally Stand

I'll not bother responding in any way sensibly with you for the reason that you thought Gay Mitchell won the debate, which leads me to believe that you either:

A: Confused someone else with Gay Mitchell (in which case, I'll offer some advice....he's the grey one with the charisma, charm and wit of a piece of damp cardboard)

Or

B: You are an even bigger bitch to FG than MGHU is.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Mike Sheehy

Dana...jesus christ  ::) all these nordies are complete loopers.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 01, 2011, 01:34:13 AM

I'll not bother responding in any way sensibly with you for the reason that you thought Gay Mitchell won the debate, which leads me to believe that you either:

A: Confused someone else with Gay Mitchell (in which case, I'll offer some advice....he's the grey one with the charisma, charm and wit of a piece of damp cardboard)

Or

& Your an IRA terrorist applogist. Blood on your filthy hands.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 01, 2011, 04:04:47 AM
Dana...jesus christ  ::) all these nordies are complete loopers.

I think this is the first time I will agree with you, can we change the N word too stupid shinners, they are not all inbred.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Ulick on October 01, 2011, 01:33:28 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 01, 2011, 12:49:57 AM
Based on that I'd say we're looking at one from Norris, McGuinness and Higgins. I'd disregard Mitchell, Dana and Davis with Gallagher a very outside bet.

Flip I thought Norris was a disaster in that he avoided every question and tried to make up for it with empty rhetorical oratory (Irish people aren't that stupid to fall for it). Gallagher might have hit a few buzz words for the Celtic Tiger generation but when pushed for detail he hadn't a notion of what to do or say - that boys going nowhere thank God, FF bluffer anyhow. Davis for me bombed out completely. Tubs could have given her the coup de grâce by either asking her how many quangos she was on or how much she was paid for the 4 Council of State meetings in 7 years she attended, but she was already gone at that stage. Michael D started off very strongly - almost sounded like Gerry Adams from his Louth campaign - talk of new Republic, citizens rights etc... but went a little downhill in the later part of the show when he started rambling about his 'cultural' achievements. Nice lad, definitely in the race for the right reasons, old school Irishman, feck, he even speaks like my favourite uncle, but... just a little bit too twee...
McGuinness handled everything with competency, experienced, didn't mention Mandela or say "in the round". Looked  the part, though was lucky he didn't the religious questions directed to Dana. Which brings me to the star performer of the night - Dana. Love her or hate her, she was the one who would have gotten most from this evening. She wasn't the best performer, coming behind Michael D and McGuinness, but her honesty and integrity shown through by the end. OK, she came across as very naive, but personally I've rather have someone with honesty and belief in their convictions, even if I disagree, rather than some gimp who tries to be everything to everyone. I think there was someone else on the panel, but not sure, so my run-down would be:

Michael Higgins, Martin McGuinness (Joint 1st)
Dana (3rd)
Norris (4th)
Gallagher (5th)
Davis (6th)

You are pathetic.

Farrandeelin

Now, now MGHU, not like you to play the man as you put it... ::) So I want to be able to read your own views about last night's Late Late show. No name-calling of course.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ludermor

Ah come on Farr, we all know mghu is only winding....

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 01, 2011, 06:06:34 AM

Or

:D
MGHU, it sounds like you were out with your imaginary friends last night again. Seriously though, if you can't hold your drink, stop drinking! Or at least hide your laptop before you go out so you won't be able to use it when you get in.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

redhandloo

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 01, 2011, 09:05:51 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 01, 2011, 06:06:34 AM

Or

:D
MGHU, it sounds like you were out with your imaginary friends last night again. Seriously though, if you can't hold your drink, stop drinking! Or at least hide your laptop before you go out so you won't be able to use it when you get in.
+ 1  Some unbelievable posts there by MGHU
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

ludermor

You obviously havent been reading many of his posts!