Author Topic: Android Phone  (Read 23506 times)

Boycey

• View Profile
Re: Android Phone
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2018, 11:10:35 AM »
If you get a lot of photos and videos through WhatsApp these will be stored on your phone and will take up a lot of space.

You can turn that storage of in WhatsApp I think...

As stated above 16gb is feck all nowadays but there is a way to claw back a couple of gb regularly.. If you know the passwords to your social media accounts simply delete the apps and reinstall this will remove all the crap that's built up in the app, Everytime you update it adds to the size of the app

In iOS I think you have to delete and reinstall but in Android you can go into settings>storage and go down though each app. I have plenty of free space anyway but gained 3gb there by clearing storage and cache from Facebook, Snapchat and spotify. Remember be sure you know passwords before you clear storage, cache can be removed anyway.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2018, 11:12:50 AM »
You don't even need to do that, just go into the individual apps in settings and clear their caches.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2018, 11:19:03 AM »
You don't even need to do that, just go into the individual apps in settings and clear their caches.

Some apps seem to storage intensive, some cache intensive. No harm doing both.

How's Root going for u?

take_yer_points

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2018, 12:23:17 PM »
Looks like my oneplus3 has bit the dust.
Any recommendations ?
Was looking at the Xiaomi Mi 8.
Any one any experience of Xiaomiís and getting one ?

If you like OnePlus the new ones are incredible and the 6T will be coming shortly. They've got pricier though.

A budget option is the new Pocophone they is being touted as a OnePlus challenger.

The Motorola G series are always good budget phones too.

I had a OnePlus 2 and upgraded to the 5T earlier in the year. Brilliant phone

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2018, 12:47:34 PM »
Would a new SD card make any difference? I've one in this that's been in a couple of phones and must be quite full

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 05, 2018, 01:09:17 PM »
Would a new SD card make any difference? I've one in this that's been in a couple of phones and must be quite full

Not all apps use the SD card, so it might help that much.

A  good cleaning app will identify where the space is being used, if you have space to install it!!
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

spuds

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 05, 2018, 03:34:07 PM »
If you use the Samsung pass app to transfer data from old phone you may be clogging up new phone with photos, files, apps etc.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
 John Hubbard

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 12, 2018, 12:33:22 PM »
Would anybody know what is the general rule if thumb for breaking a phone contract - cost wise? I'm only 5 months into a 2 year deal with Three.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 12, 2018, 12:57:14 PM »
Would anybody know what is the general rule if thumb for breaking a phone contract - cost wise? I'm only 5 months into a 2 year deal with Three.

Iíve found that it was remaining months x monthly cost less the VAT. That was a few years ago so Iím not sure if itís still the way they do it. Iíd say itíll be costly unless your monthly fee is low.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 12, 2018, 02:04:32 PM »
Cheers & bollix to that

Square Ball

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 12, 2018, 09:06:29 PM »

Iíve found that it was remaining months x monthly cost less the VAT. That was a few years ago so Iím not sure if itís still the way they do it. Iíd say itíll be costly unless your monthly fee is low.
Yip that what I was quoted from 3 as well. Cant wait to get away from 3, live in south Belfast and signal is pathetic. Thinking of a Huawei as the camera seems to be one of the best around and 128gb to boot
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Abble

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 13, 2018, 11:29:25 AM »
i currently have a windows phone lumia 920 and want to switch to android. i am eyeing up huawei p20 pro and want to know in terms of any android device, is there a decent app to handle visual voicemail (ie a list displaying missed phone call messages) ?

Square Ball

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2018, 07:14:44 PM »
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid