LENT

Started by wherefromreferee?, January 27, 2009, 12:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longball

Anyone here feel that they could go off GAAboard for lent?  :o

Im considering giving up cursing! with a swear jar in operation. whats everyone else doing?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

ziggysego

Look back up the thread DD12 to see all what I'm giving up. The gaaboard is a step too far. I need one vice. Anyway, don't post as much as I used to. No-one notice?
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

crisps and sweets, gonna be hard.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

longball

Be very hard to give up the board esp during the season. board is the best way to get results and match reports. Ziggy ur giving up a motherload for Lent gonna be a hard one! i could never do that.

Derry Dolly

ive gave up on going off anything for lent..i onli ever last a couple of days :-\
maybe go off alcohol...during the week 8) ;D

illdecide

I usually loose a good 1/2 stone every lent by going off:

Sweets
Crisps
Chocloate
Lemonade
and all chipie food...

Though this year i'm going to try the bread as well...it'll be a hard one to stick out but i usually have no bother going off all the rest of the junk...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Minus15

Find it hard to go off too many things. Hard to remember them all and if you fail with a couple the rest seem to go that way too! This year I'm going off crisps and biting my nails! The biting the nails one is a bitch! tried it before but you end up doing it without even noticing!

Couple of lads I live with went off sitting in for lent  a coupke of years ago and went out on the drink every available Monday to Thursday in Belfast for the duration!

Puckoon

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 27, 2009, 02:18:22 PM
In my opinion if somebody had any kind of will power they wouldn't have to wait until a "set date" to decide to go off soemthing.  Why not give it up now?

Misery loves company.

longball

Ziggy are u going for one last big scoff of goodies 2nite? cause at midnight we go live with Lent. Its on like Pete Tong.

stpauls

going off the beer, crisps and sweet stuff for lent, going to be tough enough!!
having a few drinks and munchies tonight before it all starts though!!

ziggysego

Quote from: longball on February 24, 2009, 06:59:26 PM
Ziggy are u going for one last big scoff of goodies 2nite? cause at midnight we go live with Lent. Its on like Pete Tong.

Had a kit-kat today at work.

Big plate of chips when I got home and then a chocolate chipped cookie afterwards.

Changed my mind though, not going off drink. I need one vice to get me through the next 43 days.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

fred the red

Im going off the gaaboard.

see yous in 40 days.

:'(

ziggysego

Quote from: Puckoon on February 24, 2009, 09:42:55 PM
46 buddy. Its 46. :(

46? You sure? I thought it was 43.

Quote from: fred the red on February 24, 2009, 09:48:13 PM
Im going off the gaaboard.

see yous in 40 days.

:'(

eh? You're only back.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Lent in 2009 will start on Wednesday, the 25th of February and will continue for 46 days until Saturday, the 11th of April.