Slumdog Millionaire

Started by AbbeySider, January 17, 2009, 12:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

DoYerJob Linesman

Indeed you have. Thanks Pints.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

DoYerJob Linesman

Pints,  I've downloaded Bittorrent and the Codex thing.  My first film is being downloaded at the minute.

Can I burn it to a dvd when it has downloaded, or would I have to watch it on the laptop?

How long, on average, can you expect to wait for the download to complete?

Sorry 'bout all the questions.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on January 18, 2009, 03:02:43 PM
Pints,  I've downloaded Bittorrent and the Codex thing.  My first film is being downloaded at the minute.

Can I burn it to a dvd when it has downloaded, or would I have to watch it on the laptop?

I think you can burn it on to dvd but you need something else to do that.  I never do, just watch it on the laptop. 
The time for the download depends on the seeders, is bitttorent not giving you an estimated time?
Did media player classic download with the codec? You might want to try the VLC player oneill recomended, it looks good.

DoYerJob Linesman

The estimated time is changing, currently about 15 hours.  Almost 10000 seeds, the most available.

Thanks for your help.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on January 18, 2009, 03:17:40 PM
The estimated time is changing, currently about 15 hours.  Almost 10000 seeds, the most available.

Thanks for your help.
It should speed up and be quite quick with all those seeds.  Are you sure you've enough memory on the computer?
I was bitching about the length it was taking to download without realising I'd no memory left on the laptop!

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 18, 2009, 03:10:19 PM

I think you can burn it on to dvd but you need something else to do that.   I never do, just watch it on the laptop. 
The time for the download depends on the seeders, is bitttorent not giving you an estimated time?
Did media player classic download with the codec? You might want to try the VLC player oneill recomended, it looks good.

Pints do you know what this may be?
Downloaded a few good shows off the Irish torrent site, few of the friends looking copys!

DoYerJob Linesman

Ah bollocks, tried three times now do download different films.  The download stops, telling me there is a data error, cycle redundancy check.  Completely lost now.   ???

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 18, 2009, 03:56:29 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 18, 2009, 03:10:19 PM

I think you can burn it on to dvd but you need something else to do that.   I never do, just watch it on the laptop. 

Pints do you know what this may be?
Downloaded a few good shows off the Irish torrent site, few of the friends looking copys!

You would need something like Nero to burn the dvds, and also to convert the files so that they are viewable on your standard dvd player, think the format is vob or something, someone could correct me, I am not too sure on it?

Carmen Stateside

Thanks ONL,  think i will get that Nero package!
Is it the best site for this or are they all much the same?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on January 18, 2009, 03:59:15 PM
Ah bollocks, tried three times now do download different films.  The download stops, telling me there is a data error, cycle redundancy check.  Completely lost now.   ???

Ive no idea but:
QuoteIn the torrent job status, I get "Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)" and BitTorrent Mainline halts the torrent job

This error is not an error generated by BitTorrent Mainline, but rather, an error it receives from the hard drive. The error indicates that the hard drive was unable to read or write the data because the sectors are faulty, or are about to die. Cyclic redundancy check (CRC) errors are often signs of possible future disk corruption. Running chkdsk might help fix the problem, but stronger recovery tools (such as SpinRite) may be required (assuming the disk is at all repairable).
http://www.bittorrent.com/btusers/guides/bittorrent-user-manual/faq-frequently-asked-questions/error-messages#In_the_torrent_job_status_I_get_Error:_Data_Error_cyclic_redundancy_check_and_BitTorrentMainline_halts_the_torrent_job

???

DoYerJob Linesman

dodo

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on January 18, 2009, 07:54:16 PM
Thats me bate then.   :D

Did you try Abbetsider's sites, they worked no bother for me.

DoYerJob Linesman

I did.  It seems to be a problem with the Bittorrent application though.

new devil

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 18, 2009, 11:05:06 AM
Quote from: new devil on January 18, 2009, 08:10:28 AM
Thanks lads...used yours pints worked well....anyway 2 speed up the downloads...took about 10hours to download pride and glory..is this normal?
Shouldnt take that long, how many seeders had it?
Have you much memory on the computer?

Just got a new laptop pints...plugged internet cable and downloaded gran troino in 17mins...so must off been the wireless i was tapped into...thanks for your help...this is great!! :)