Slumdog Millionaire

Started by AbbeySider, January 17, 2009, 12:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

You need a codec
QuoteI think the top on here http://www.divxmovies.com/software/ is the one I have, if you dont have it your film will have no sound.  It comes with a "media classic player" too I think and I find it better that WMP.
I think that's the one that done the trick for me.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ONeill

Download VLC player and try playing it on that.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

new devil

Thanks lads...used yours pints worked well....anyway 2 speed up the downloads...took about 10hours to download pride and glory..is this normal?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: new devil on January 18, 2009, 08:10:28 AM
Thanks lads...used yours pints worked well....anyway 2 speed up the downloads...took about 10hours to download pride and glory..is this normal?
Shouldnt take that long, how many seeders had it?
Have you much memory on the computer?

dodo

Couldn't work it on your sites Pints, it did everything but the downloading. Tried Abbeysider's sites and worked straight away, took about 30 minutes to download 711MB.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: dodo on January 18, 2009, 11:16:13 AM
Couldn't work it on your sites Pints, it did everything but the downloading. Tried Abbeysider's sites and worked straight away, took about 30 minutes to download 711MB.
Ah well sure you got it working, another potential cell mate.  Great!

AbbeySider

Glad to hear you got it working!

Torrents are the best thing since sliced bread!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AbbeySider on January 18, 2009, 11:44:48 AM

Glad to hear you got it working!

Torrents are the best thing since sliced bread!

They are indeed,it took me a while to get my head around them but now I'm downloading loads of stuff
I have over 3000 songs and whole series like Extreme Engineering and loads of movies downloaded.
I use www.piratebay.org to find the torrents and then Utorrent to download it,I just finished downloading the 3 Bourne films as I have never seen any of them..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

I work with a boy who says his father was fined £500 for using piratebay. 

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 18, 2009, 12:16:15 PM

Could you believe him or would he be full of shit??

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 18, 2009, 12:23:12 PM

I'd have no reason to doubt him.  I was using piratebay and if I had to tell him that I would have said he was trying to wind me up but he mentioned it before I did.  Plus he would nt have a clue about computers and wouldnt know what a torrent was.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 18, 2009, 12:27:17 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 18, 2009, 12:23:12 PM

I'd have no reason to doubt him.  I was using piratebay and if I had to tell him that I would have said he was trying to wind me up but he mentioned it before I did.  Plus he would nt have a clue about computers and wouldnt know what a torrent was.

Hmmm, on the plus side for me I don't think I use torrents even half as much as some of you do!! Most of the ones on here are constantly downloading, watching then downloading again!!

dodo

Do you lads have a download limit with your ISP ? We have a 50G limit here between 3 of us, one lad has been using 90% of this as the other 2 of us haven't been file sharing.....till now !

pintsofguinness

Well I do think that if they wanted to cut down on this they would target the sites and their owners or the uploaders before downloaders like ourselves?  

I dont have a download limit.

DoYerJob Linesman

Would any of you be kind enough to post an idiot proof step by step guide to downloading.  I'd love to start downloading films and stuff but don't know where or how to start.  Thanks.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth