The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

Why would Everton sell Felliani for less than the 23mill in the clause which has expired?

Baines would be more difficult to replace than Felliani.

boojangles

We have to hold on to Baines at all cost. We need another good centre-half and maybe somebody like Mc Carthy. On the plus side Barkley is starting to show his undoubted potential.

Fuzzman

I've been surprised no other clubs have come in for the pair, especially Afro.
Martinez will probably want to hold onto both of them at least until next season but could they be sold over his head depending on how much pressure the banks are putting on.

Did yer man Fer go to another English club?
Norwich I just see. Be interesting to see how he does in the PL

SHEEDY

only unbeaten team left. ;D 2 brilliant free kicks from baines and the winner from lukaku. cant believe Chelsea let him go. with Liverpool getting beat it was a good day all round. ;D
nil satis nisi optimum

Orangemac

Lukaku looks a beast,better than anything Chelsea have. Baines immense, 2nd free kick as good as any I've seen.

Everton dominating possession in games under Martinez, with a cutting edge we could have a decent season

Walter Cronc

Evertons first 11 better than Liverpool? Looking that way.

johnneycool

Quote from: Orangemac on September 21, 2013, 11:04:48 PM
Lukaku looks a beast,better than anything Chelsea have. Baines immense, 2nd free kick as good as any I've seen.

Everton dominating possession in games under Martinez, with a cutting edge we could have a decent season

You'd wonder at the humble ones logic in letting Lukaku go on loan considering the lack of a Drogba esque character in the current Chelsea ranks!

Evertons gain. 

SHEEDY

ultimate game of 2 halves tonight. played some brilliant football in the 1st half but got sloppy in the 2nd and that led to a nervy finish. brilliant to get the win though, up to 4th and keeps the unbeaten run going. McCarthy was steady but coleman was superb both at defending and going forward.
nil satis nisi optimum

johnneycool

Quote from: SHEEDY on September 30, 2013, 10:22:59 PM
ultimate game of 2 halves tonight. played some brilliant football in the 1st half but got sloppy in the 2nd and that led to a nervy finish. brilliant to get the win though, up to 4th and keeps the unbeaten run going. McCarthy was steady but coleman was superb both at defending and going forward.

Never got to see it, but Radio 5 live were raving about Barkley at half time, he looks a good one, physically bigger than Rooney at the same age, will do well to hold onto him in the summer.

SHEEDY

real end to end game today, could have ended 5 each. thought we should have got the 3 points and would have only for giving away some really poor goals from set pieces. mc carthy and lukaku played really well as did mirallas who gets extra marks for scoring and 'doing' suarez.  ;D. disappointed we couldn't see the match out and get the win.
nil satis nisi optimum

Jonah

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 23, 2013, 06:21:53 PM
real end to end game today, could have ended 5 each. thought we should have got the 3 points and would have only for giving away some really poor goals from set pieces. mc carthy and lukaku played really well as did mirallas who gets extra marks for scoring and 'doing' suarez.  ;D. disappointed we couldn't see the match out and get the win.
Extra marks for a dangerous tackle?
Football fans really are dunces. ::)

Fuzzman

It was the best mersey derby for years and was very disappointed we couldn't hold on for the long over due win.
Mirallas admitted himself he thought he should have saw a red card but I wonder how much of that was in revenge for last year's tackle by Suaraz on him and also on Distin.

It's a strange league this year with only 4 points between 2nd and 9th.
Deulofeu looks a very exciting young player but typical where he tries to do too much and often his final pass or shot isn't great.

Baines is out for a month or more with suspected broken metatarsal so will be interesting to see does Martinez play Oviedo or move Distin there and use Stones. Hibbert is back fit again as is the new lad Alcaraz.
I'm dleighted with Spurs getting hockeyed by City as I saw them and Liverpool as our main rivals for 4th.

deiseach

Quote from: Fuzzman on November 25, 2013, 03:53:19 PM
Mirallas admitted himself he thought he should have saw a red card but I wonder how much of that was in revenge for last year's tackle by Suaraz on him and also on Distin.

Do you think that would make it better?

Fuzzman

Yeah it would totally justify his rash tackle.
He's been getting away with murder season after season so it's about time someone give him a taste of his own medicine.
I'd say you won't get much sympathy for him outside of ye Liverpool fans.
http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2013/11/proof-that-mirallas-tackle-on-suarez-was-deliberate-malicious-liverpool-everton.html

Where is the Liverpool thread today?
I thought there would be loads of ye on giving out or commenting on an exciting game

What did you think of the game? Mignolet had a great game.

deiseach

Quote from: Fuzzman on November 25, 2013, 04:02:36 PM
Yeah it would totally justify his rash tackle.
He's been getting away with murder season after season so it's about time someone give him a taste of his own medicine.
I'd say you won't get much sympathy for him outside of ye Liverpool fans.
http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2013/11/proof-that-mirallas-tackle-on-suarez-was-deliberate-malicious-liverpool-everton.html

If it were premeditated, then it wasn't rash. Personally I don't think he went out to injure Suarez - that 'Jaimie K' chap is four corners of a bollix - and I would find it very strange that anyone would think it was justifiable if it had been.