The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Bingo on August 22, 2012, 12:17:18 PM
Best wishes to Kevin Sheedy who has been diagnosed with bowel cancer and will be undergoing treatment for it.

Still a youth coach at Everton. As sweet a left foot as they come.

Sad news about Sheedy, great player on a great team.

Hopefully he'll pull through.

SHEEDY

Quote from: johnneycool on August 22, 2012, 01:16:37 PM
Quote from: Bingo on August 22, 2012, 12:17:18 PM
Best wishes to Kevin Sheedy who has been diagnosed with bowel cancer and will be undergoing treatment for it.

Still a youth coach at Everton. As sweet a left foot as they come.

Sad news about Sheedy, great player on a great team.

Hopefully he'll pull through.
+1. best wishes sheeds. legend.
nil satis nisi optimum

boojangles

All the best to Kevin Sheedy. The reason I support Everton and still a great club man. Hope he pulls through.

SHEEDY

another brilliant result and performance today especially in the 1st half. i know its early days but its a good time to be an everton fan. fellaini the star man again. hope we can hang on to him. early table makes nice reading; everton 3rd liverpool 20th.  :)
nil satis nisi optimum

Mr. Nakata

Yeah, great start for the toffees. Fellaini and Pienaar rampant. Squad still a bit light though. I'd be hopeful of maybe 1 or 2 more players coming in, either purchased or on loan. Any injuries to key men and then we'd be in bother. Would love to see Donovan back again for a 3 month loan in January however was reading somewhere it's not going to happen this time as he wants a complete rest during his off season. I'd expect all the subs and a few youngsters to get a run out against Leyton Orient in the league cup during the week.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SHEEDY

Quote from: ONeill on September 17, 2012, 09:44:54 PM
Jaysus Everton getting rid tonight.
gutted with that. 2 good goals disallowed. goal line technology anyone?

on another note it was good to see a moving tribute to the hillsbrough victims before the match.
nil satis nisi optimum

The Worker

Great tribute by Everton tonight, fair dues.

AZOffaly

Great stuff out of the Everton fans and club itself last night. It's great to see them standing united with the families and victims on that day, and I think the Everton families affected by this tragedy are sometimes forgotten. It's common in Liverpool for families to be split red and blue, so I have no doubt that some of the victims of Hillsborough had people in the ground last night supporting Everton.

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 18, 2012, 09:25:42 AM
Great stuff out of the Everton fans and club itself last night. It's great to see them standing united with the families and victims on that day, and I think the Everton families affected by this tragedy are sometimes forgotten. It's common in Liverpool for families to be split red and blue, so I have no doubt that some of the victims of Hillsborough had people in the ground last night supporting Everton.

Aye, my wife's cousins are 50:50 Red and Blue. One of them was at Hillsborough and was gutted when he couldn't find anyone to swap his stand ticket for one on the terrace. Well done to everyone at Everton.

Crete Boom

Quote from: deiseach on September 18, 2012, 09:48:43 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 18, 2012, 09:25:42 AM

Aye, my wife's cousins are 50:50 Red and Blue. One of them was at Hillsborough and was gutted when he couldn't find anyone to swap his stand ticket for one on the terrace. Well done to everyone at Everton.

Alan Stubbs Family are 50:50 Red and Blue with Stubbs being an Evertonian and his brother a Liverpool fan. They even have one gate blue and white and one red and white on their driveway of the family home. Think it might be the same in Leighton Bains house with his Dad an Evertonian and Leighton a Red!

SHEEDY

very poor tonight. leeds wanted it more. we just werent up for it. really disappointing as another chance of a trophy slips away.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

robbed of 3pts today by some dreadful refereeing. everton had a number of  penalty calls waved away and wigan scored with a clearly offside goal. baines again to the rescue with a late goal to rescue a point that should have been 3.
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 06, 2012, 06:14:04 PM
robbed of 3pts today by some dreadful refereeing. everton had a number of  penalty calls waved away and wigan scored with a clearly offside goal. baines again to the rescue with a late goal to rescue a point that should have been 3.

Just watched it on RTE.
Neither of the two were penos IMO (the one they got was one of course) and he was only millimeters offside if at all for the first goal, it certainly wasn't a few yards or clearly offside.
Don't think ye were robbed at all thought it was a fair result.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.