iphone applications

Started by imtommygunn, January 04, 2009, 09:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

What applications do those of you with iphones / ipod touch's use?

Where's the best place to get them?

I'd be particularly interested in something like a training kind of diary if anyone knows of one. (for recording running etc)

supersarsfields

I got an I fitness program on the I phone. Just down loaded it from the App store on the phone. It'll help you keep record of trainings, weights, reps etc. Also will give you a few programs for different things like weight loss, muscle building, strength building etc.

imtommygunn

ONeill

Is there a lazy way of transferring contacts from an old sim/phone to the iphone?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on February 04, 2009, 06:50:32 PM
Is there a lazy way of transferring contacts from an old sim/phone to the iphone?

I imported from my motorola to outlook and then got them into gmail contacts which then talked apparently to iTunes and voila...... about half my contacts made it.
MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

Quote from: ONeill on February 04, 2009, 06:50:32 PM

If your iphone was store bought with contract and all then the staff should have transferred everything for you. They took my old sim card, put it in a transferring device with my new iphone sim card and as the muppet says - Voila.

ONeill

Simple thing worked. Took my new o2 sim out of the iphone, put it in the old phone and copied all photos, contacts over onto it. Turned out I'd saved everything on to the old phone and not the old sim so she worked a dream.

What's the 3g coverage like? Are you better to use your own home wireless?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

I use wireless every chance I get. Having the 3G enabled all the time shortens your battery life. If youve wireless at home, use it and turn off the 3G setting.

mournerambler

Unless you live in Belfast (not sure about coverage in the south of the country) I would say you could nearly forget about the 3G network unless someone can tell me different.

lurganblue

just to continue this thread on... what apps do the rest of yous use? i personal use the facebook app loads and admitt that its pretty addictive, but there are bound to be more great apps out there...

ive also been using the ifooty app recently to keep up to date on soccer scores and stories...

ziggysego

The main apps I use are

Facebook
FML
TwitterFon
I use the following the odd time

Dictionary
Shazam
Testing Accessibility

Longshanks

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 05, 2009, 10:26:15 AM
I got an I fitness program on the I phone. Just down loaded it from the App store on the phone. It'll help you keep record of trainings, weights, reps etc. Also will give you a few programs for different things like weight loss, muscle building, strength building etc.

what would the name of that be to search it?

lurganblue

Quote from: ziggysego on May 26, 2009, 03:28:47 PM
The main apps I use are

Facebook
FML
TwitterFon
I use the following the odd time

Dictionary
Shazam

yeah i have the dictionary one and shazam but rarely use them. i have no interest in twitter and dont know anyone else who signed up to skype...
i do also use the wikitap (like wikipedia) one and of course google earth

supersarsfields

I think it was just called Ifitness LS, lost my Iphone so can't even check for you.

muppet

GoSkyWatch, Skype and Send Contact among others that I thought were great but never use.
MWWSI 2017