SF and Dupes all Friends again - So what has wee Marty given up?

Started by An Fear Rua, November 18, 2008, 01:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Donagh on November 18, 2008, 02:51:21 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 18, 2008, 02:36:48 PM
John Mc Cain for US president in January as well then ?

I'm not with you - explain? AKAIK John McCain lost the election so he cannot become US President in January. However a sunset clause was introduced today which means that the rules governing the selection of the Justice Minister will be for this life of this Assembly only. In three years time it'll most likely be on the basis of d'Hont, so unless the Stoops perform a Lazarus like comeback first and second picks will go to the DUP and SF.

I mean Gerry Kelly has as much chance of becoming justice minister next year as John Mc Cain has of becoming president.

How many times in the past 15 years have you heard a politician say : "This is truly an historic day for Northern Ireland. "

How can you take them seriously anymore ?

Tankie

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 18, 2008, 02:28:58 PM
Quote from: Tankie on November 18, 2008, 02:24:00 PM
Its about time they got back to work, the world is going through it worst ever economic climate and these pack of clowns refuse to work or talk for 22 weeks!!!!!!!!

They never stopped talking, just haven't had an executive meeting in 22 weeks.

so tell me what has been done int he last 22 weeks? what measures have been taken to help business and consumers through this crisis? What legislation has been passed in the last 22 weeks.

its no wonder the place is in a heap if you and Zapatista think what they have been talking about for the past 22 weeks is acceptable!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Zapatista

Quote from: Tankie on November 18, 2008, 03:15:23 PM
Its about time they got back to work, the world is going through it worst ever economic climate and these pack of clowns refuse to work or talk for 22 weeks!!!!!!!!

so tell me what has been done int he last 22 weeks? what measures have been taken to help business and consumers through this crisis? What legislation has been passed in the last 22 weeks.

its no wonder the place is in a heap if you and Zapatista think what they have been talking about for the past 22 weeks is acceptable!

The DUP helped address this in Westminster and SF voted for the bail out in the Dail.

Tankie

Quote from: Zapatista on November 18, 2008, 03:25:44 PM

The DUP helped address this in Westminster and SF voted for the bail out in the Dail.

well i guess you are getting the most out of your elected politicians then!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Zapatista

Such as devolution of policing and justice? If and when we get it you can be more sure we are.

Donagh

Quote from: orangeman on November 18, 2008, 03:13:24 PM

I mean Gerry Kelly has as much chance of becoming justice minister next year as John Mc Cain has of becoming president.

I agree, but Tony's question was about the relevance of 2012 and the sunset clause.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Who the fcuk mentioned what they were talking about, see what I highlighted - you do spout some shite, whilst looking arguements tankie!  ::)
Tbc....

Tankie

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 18, 2008, 04:18:31 PM

Who the fcuk mentioned what they were talking about, see what I highlighted - you do spout some shite, whilst looking arguements tankie!  ::)

I think you are the one talking shite and are happy for your politicians to do fock all while your ecomony is going to shite! sure as it was pointed out the DUP were doing something in Westminster for you boys!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Tankie on November 18, 2008, 04:38:36 PM

I think you are the one talking shite and are happy for your politicians to do fock all while your ecomony is going to shite! sure as it was pointed out the DUP were doing something in Westminster for you boys!

Do you not get any attention at home?
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

to be fair tankie, our own down here may as well have sat on their hands and said nothing for the past 22 months/weeks as it has had no effect in stopping what should have been a preventable downturn

it also doesnt matter which party gets in, the results are the same. politicians work hard to get in, some work a wee bit to get their local constituencies set up in one way or another (eg roads , sports or equestrian centre grants).
However the thing they all want to do is get the ministerial wage and the pension that goes with it.

The northern politicos at least were engaged in some real politics prior to a few years ago, now they have no power and their assembly is a halfway house to appease the local voting fraternity and keep the natives happy until the Brit Gov can jettison the money haemorraging lot.

However and I hope folk dont go mad at me saying this, we cannot afford a reunification right now and it will take a good few years for both parties to get back to the stage where they can afford it - the Brit Gov to pay off the Irish gov, and the Irish Gov to be able to afford to take on an effectively industry free zone. So anyone would not want this to happen right now.

Zapatista

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 18, 2008, 05:11:02 PM

it also doesnt matter which party gets in, the results are the same. politicians work hard to get in, some work a wee bit to get their local constituencies set up in one way or another (eg roads , sports or equestrian centre grants).
However the thing they all want to do is get the ministerial wage and the pension that goes with it.

I don't buy the idea that they are all like that.

It's this kind of defeatism that has them doing it. Our standards are that low we expect our politicans to be like this.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Zapatista on November 18, 2008, 05:27:07 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 18, 2008, 05:11:02 PM

I don't buy the idea that they are all like that.

It's this kind of defeatism that has them doing it. Our standards are that low we expect our politicans to be like this.
apart from emmett stagg down here, I dont know of too many that are decent or that are not portraying decency to further their own gain.

in our neck of the woods down here, we had all the candidates canvassing for the last election and I was glad to talk to them all to see what they were like and only varadkar was of any substance.
joan brutal didnt want to know - was only out to ,meet and greet and pretend she gave a fcuk and that she wouldnt be asked questions.
The rest of them that called to the house were much the same.
Had Varadkars replacement canvassing at the house last night - another empty vessel.

Have met a good few politicians from down here in my time, most are self obsessed self driven people with serving the public as an afterthought/by product of their careers !
imo

Zapatista

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 18, 2008, 05:33:36 PM

apart from emmett stagg down here, I dont know of too many that are decent or that are not portraying decency to further their own gain.

in our neck of the woods down here, we had all the candidates canvassing for the last election and I was glad to talk to them all to see what they were like and only varadkar was of any substance.
joan brutal didnt want to know - was only out to ,meet and greet and pretend she gave a fcuk and that she wouldnt be asked questions.
Had Varadkars replacement canvassing at the house last night - another empty vessel.

Have met a good few politicians from down here in my time, most are self obsessed self driven people with serving the public as an afterthought/by product of their careers !
imo

Funny as I always thought Varadkar was the most are self obsessed self driven people with serving the public as an afterthought/by product of their careers I have ever came across.

You will have Joe Higgins round to see ye soon as he is running in your parts in 09. He isn't as as sneaky as Varadkar, Joe hates absolutley everyone and tells them that while Varadkar will tell a friend to tell a friend etc.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Zapatista on November 18, 2008, 05:41:36 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 18, 2008, 05:33:36 PM

imo

Funny as I always thought Varadkar was the most are self obsessed self driven people with serving the public as an afterthought/by product of their careers I have ever came across.

You will have Joe Higgins round to see ye soon as he is running in your parts in 09. He isn't as as sneaky as Varadkar, Joe hates absolutley everyone and tells them that while Varadkar will tell a friend to tell a friend etc.
Wouldnt have been much of a varadkar fan until I had a lengthy discussion with him that day , he at least said the right things, by all accounts he has done a bit for the local area (more mine than yours)
and if he was patronising me,as least I didnt see through it like I did with joan brutals.

Never spoke with Joe Higgins. One of his stormtroopers came to the door a few years ago and like a true disciple of joe, ranted about pretty much everything and everyone before jumping through the bushes and away to the next house.
Quite funny if not a touch surreal.
I dont think they actually expected people in that area to actually listen let alone vote for them - though dont know why, its a pseudo posh area with plenty of skangers about (myself being borderline at best  :D)

Tankie

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 18, 2008, 04:41:02 PM

Do you not get any attention at home?

typical  ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!