Up coming club betting - any tips?

Started by darbyo, September 08, 2007, 12:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darbyo

Was looking at the PP and Ladbrokes websites (local club matches) anybody see any prices that the bookies have got wrong or any bankers there?

Doire abú

Think Dungiven's a great bet at 15/8 on Ladbrokes online.
My local bookies is only giving 5/4 and there's a real feeling around here that Dungiven could do the business today. Be wuick though, the game's only five hours away.

An Lúb will still take some beating though.

the real slim shady

Quote from: darbyo on September 08, 2007, 12:17:02 PM
Was looking at the PP and Ladbrokes websites (local club matches) anybody see any prices that the bookies have got wrong or any bankers there?

Yeah carrickcruppen to beat cross in the armagh championship :)

fitzroyalty

Mattock Rangers great value there on Paddypower at 10/1...that's until I placed my bet and it was rectified  ;D

thewobbler

I don't know any prices, but I'd make Kilcoo dead certs for the Down Championship this year.

Overthebar!

Victor Chandler also had Kilrea at 9-1 against Ballinderry but then emailed saying it was a mistake. not that it mattered anyway!

spiritof91and94

Quote from: thewobbler on August 10, 2011, 12:19:03 PM
I don't know any prices, but I'd make Kilcoo dead certs for the Down Championship this year.

wouldnt be so sure wobbler..

borderfox

In the Armagh SFC
Clan na Gael EVS ( v CCruppin) looks a good bet
Mullaghbawn 6/4 ( v Harps)  looks tasty enough too ;)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Armaghgael

6/5 Carrickcruppen 13/2 Clan na Gael 5/6

12/1 Clann Eireann 25/1 Cross 1/50
1/8 Granemore 11/1 St Michaels 11/2

4/9 Harps 15/2 Mullaghbawn 21/10

6/4 Dromintee 13/2 Pearse Ogs 4/6
2/7 Maghery 8/1 Sarsfield 16/5

4/9 St Pats 15/2 Whitecross 21/10
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

borderfox

Quote from: borderfox on August 10, 2011, 12:37:26 PM
In the Armagh SFC
Clan na Gael EVS ( v CCruppin) looks a good bet
Mullaghbawn 6/4 ( v Harps)  looks tasty enough too ;)
All Odds supplied by Bar one
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Hardy

Quote from: fitzroyalty on August 10, 2011, 11:38:25 AM
Mattock Rangers great value there on Paddypower at 10/1...that's until I placed my bet and it was rectified  ;D

Are you serious? I don't expect they'll honour that bet - "clearly an error" and all that.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2011, 02:38:38 PM

Are you serious? I don't expect they'll honour that bet - "clearly an error" and all that.
They have yet to contact me so as far as I'm concerned it's still on.

I heard a story that another one of the big name bookies did something similar with Pearse Og in the Armagh SFC a few years back. A few of their players saw the mistake, lumped on and their bets were honoured.

DownFanatic

Kilcoo for the Down SFC and Mayobridge/Bryansford good e/w bets.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: fitzroyalty on August 10, 2011, 05:24:53 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2011, 02:38:38 PM

They have yet to contact me so as far as I'm concerned it's still on.

I heard a story that another one of the big name bookies did something similar with Pearse Og in the Armagh SFC a few years back. A few of their players saw the mistake, lumped on and their bets were honoured.
Got the bet up eventually - took them long enough. I reckon the fact I wasn't greedy with my stake worked in my favour. Also the fact that Mattock only won by one shows that the (ammended) odds were a joke in the first place.