Things I do not understand

Started by Orior, May 29, 2019, 11:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambrose

The cost of a woman's hair do. My wife goes to a place called Brown Sugar in the City Center, it costs the price of a cheap holiday and its every six weeks.
My barber recently put up the price of a haircut from €10 to €12 and there was uproar. He lost lifelong customers over €2.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

gallsman

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 30, 2019, 10:29:12 PM
Got to agree about those short jeans and no socks.warrants a good kickin.

Short jeans are awful but jean shorts are fantastic.

Over the Bar

Quote from: HiMucker on May 30, 2019, 10:38:08 AM
Why your knob is tanner than the rest of your skin when it barely sees the light of day

True but once my erection goes past 9" it turns peach again!!  ;)

Dire Ear

Israel, getting away with what it gets away with

gallsman

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 31, 2019, 06:56:32 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on May 30, 2019, 10:38:08 AM
Why your knob is tanner than the rest of your skin when it barely sees the light of day

True but once my erection goes past 9" it turns peach again!!  ;)

I know you're obsessed with Liverpool players but Christ, there was no need to explain it.

Eamonnca1

Why do Irish people support certain English soccer teams? Why do people who are not from Manchester support United?

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 31, 2019, 09:18:43 PM
Why do Irish people support certain English soccer teams?...
Ha! I've been wanting to ask that. It's always mystified me.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Farrandeelin

Why do Irish people support certain English soccer teams? Why do people who are not from Manchester support United?

I dunno. It's not a recent phenomenon either, but it's something I don't get worked up about. But I don't get all the "banter" shit on the LFC thread lately.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Why do all the good Irish soccer players play for English teams?

The emergence of TV brought exposure of all these clubs. Also many people emigrated to England down through the decades and were exposed to the foreign code.

Hound

I think you have to be a bit thick not to know the answer to this.

Loads of Irish support NFL teams in the US, and nobody ever questions that. Yet, when Ireland had American football teams, they'd get a handful of supporters, the Irish Patriots, etc fans didn't give a flying fook about local teams and they've probably all gone belly up.

Over the Bar

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 31, 2019, 08:55:18 PM

Cos all the Western establishments and media have made a deliberate decision not to bring attention to Israel's genocidal crimes.  Shameful.

omaghjoe

This thread could now be officially renamed the "things I do want to understand"

general_lee

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 31, 2019, 11:34:21 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on May 31, 2019, 08:55:18 PM

Cos all the Western establishments and media have made a deliberate decision not to bring attention to Israel's genocidal crimes.  Shameful.
Why though? Is there some big Jewish conspiracy? How can one country be allowed to continue in such a way with minimal sanctions? Why can't stuff like this be questioned without being "anti-Semitic?"

blewuporstuffed

Irish people fawning over the royals /royal weddings/ royal babies
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Ball Hopper

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 01, 2019, 12:06:08 AM
Irish people fawning over the royals /royal weddings/ royal babies

Because Meath are back in Div 1 next year!