Body hung near hospital for weeks

Started by ziggysego, April 30, 2007, 03:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

A man's body was hanging from a tree for over three weeks at a hospital in Northern Ireland before it was discovered, the BBC has learned.

The 34-year-old man, originally from Poland, was found in the grounds of Craigavon Area Hospital, County Armagh.

He had been treated at the hospital and had left on 26 March.

His body was found last Friday in a heavily shrubbed area to the rear of the complex. Police said they were not treating the death as suspicious.

A Craigavon Area Hospital spokeswoman confirmed a man's body had been found in its grounds but added that she was unable to comment on the case until an inquest into the death was carried out.

The police also confirmed the body of a man "was discovered around noon in the grounds of Craigavon Area Hospital on Friday 20 April".

He was reported missing on 11 April and was subsequently identified from medical records.

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6607839.stm

Jesus, how can a thing like this happen?? There's going to have to be some answers over this!
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Craigavon (the area not the hospital) is full of corpses...they just haven't got round to burying them yet ;D

Stalin

QuoteJesus, how can a thing like this happen?? There's going to have to be some answers over this!

what would you suggest ziggy-daily searches for corpses?
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

ziggysego

Quote from: Stalin on April 30, 2007, 04:27:16 PM
QuoteJesus, how can a thing like this happen?? There's going to have to be some answers over this!

what would you suggest ziggy-daily searches for corpses?

No, but if a body can go un-noticed in the grounds for three weeks.... well something's wrong there.
Testing Accessibility

The Gs Man

I went to Craigavon Hospital with a broken arm and ended up with a set of crutches.
Keep 'er lit

deiseach

Quote from: ziggysego on April 30, 2007, 04:33:36 PM
No, but if a body can go un-noticed in the grounds for three weeks.... well something's wrong there.

Still don't see what you want done

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

deiseach

I presume the hospital has some manner of security staff. But I also presume they don't go searching the "heavily shrubbed area to the rear of the complex" on a regular basis.

ziggysego

Why are you twisting with me on this matter?
Testing Accessibility

down22

In fairness the ground of Craigavon hospital are huge and unless someone was creating a scene/noise I doubt security are going to look into it. Money is tight enough as it is and daily searches of the whole hospital site probably aren't practical.

While this is a tragic case I really don't see what the hospital could have done. Was the man reported missing? If they knew he'd gone missing and had searched the hospital grounds for him (and not found him), it would be a different matter. But if  no one had reported him missing (which would be tragic) then there would be no reason for a full search of the hospital grounds.