GaaGo

Started by gortnaleck, February 26, 2022, 08:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Sean "I'm an accountant" Cavanagh embarrassing himself again. He's a dose.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

joemamas

Quote from: trileacman on May 13, 2024, 06:54:23 PMSean "I'm an accountant" Cavanagh embarrassing himself again. He's a dose.

He is some asshole.
Imagine if Joanne or whoever said to him really Sean, "How much is two and two"

SHEEDY

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 13, 2024, 06:08:40 PMDo many counties have their own streaming service? I know Armagh tv do a good job with club games etc and Down and Tyrone have their own as well I think. Surely it'd be possible to let them show their own counties games if gaa go/rte don't have it.

Could rte not have some sort of red button service to even link these together?
people want/expect to watch all the matches for free on TV, they don't want to pay for gaago, they'd crack up altogether if you add in another streaming service 🤔
nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 13, 2024, 08:04:35 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 13, 2024, 06:08:40 PMDo many counties have their own streaming service? I know Armagh tv do a good job with club games etc and Down and Tyrone have their own as well I think. Surely it'd be possible to let them show their own counties games if gaa go/rte don't have it.

people want/expect to watch all the matches for free on TV, they don't want to pay for gaago, they'd crack up altogether if you add in another streaming service 🤔

Paying for it for it to crash every so often isn't good value. Loads of times it does thst
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

I thought the issue was old people not being able to work new technology? Or was that a spoof?

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 13, 2024, 09:34:38 PM

I thought the issue was old people not being able to work new technology? Or was that a spoof?
Only throwing ideas out, no reason every game couldnt be shown is there?

And a red button service would be easy enough to work if you tune in to rte?

imtommygunn

How much would it cost to setup a service like that though? GAAGO far cheaper than sky was to the individual. Sky was 20 quid a month for sports if you didn't have it and you were bound to a contract. It's not that bad at all and then there are the how many games are on tv anyway, how much time does RTÉ dedicate to Gaa every weekend of there's nothing but games on etc.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2024, 01:08:05 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 13, 2024, 12:15:35 PMHe can hold his own that boy.

Sean Cavanagh  ;D  Looking to get himself noticed again.

No one is saying that the likes of a streaming service is not a revenue builder, before streaming we still had reasons to generate money, but some matches like Saturday night with everything on the line for Cork at home against the reigning champions needs viewed free

Is Gaago owned by RTE or the GAA?

They need to decide on an ongoing basis which matches to broadcast live instead of fixing everything before the championship starts.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 13, 2024, 10:34:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2024, 01:08:05 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 13, 2024, 12:15:35 PMHe can hold his own that boy.

Sean Cavanagh  ;D  Looking to get himself noticed again.

No one is saying that the likes of a streaming service is not a revenue builder, before streaming we still had reasons to generate money, but some matches like Saturday night with everything on the line for Cork at home against the reigning champions needs viewed free

Is Gaago owned by RTE or the GAA?

They need to decide on an ongoing basis which matches to broadcast live instead of fixing everything before the championship starts.

Just put football games on it..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyHarp

GAA matches have been behind a paywall forever. Even before TV we always had to pay to get in to watch a game live. Why do people expect to get every game beamed into their houses for free but have to pay for the privilege of travelling half the country to watch it live? Maybe we have it arse about face, perhaps we should make it free to get in the ground at all games at every level but put every match on tv behind a paywall.
That was never a square ball!!

Wildweasel74

If the GAA worried about money, they shouldn't done away with Replays, they should spaced out there season better to allow people less expense in short periods of time, the should left the nfl season ticket, with free final included,1st round ticket free, not put games on. with great distance involved not on, in the evenings.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 13, 2024, 10:37:21 PMGAA matches have been behind a paywall forever. Even before TV we always had to pay to get in to watch a game live. Why do people expect to get every game beamed into their houses for free but have to pay for the privilege of travelling half the country to watch it live? Maybe we have it arse about face, perhaps we should make it free to get in the ground at all games at every level but put every match on tv behind a paywall.

It's about promoting the game too in fairness, so if you can get all the games why not show them off?

lfdown2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 13, 2024, 10:38:17 PMIf the GAA worried about money, they shouldn't done away with Replays, they should spaced out there season better to allow people less expense in short periods of time, the should left the nfl season ticket, with free final included,1st round ticket free, not put games on. with great distance involved not on, in the evenings.

In 2021 congress passed the 'split season' without a vote due to the high volume of support, via the GPA 87% of players were in favour, as a result the Club Players Association disbanded as their objective had been achieved, therefore there was no longer space for replays in the inter county calendar.

There are now extra competitions (eg Tailteann Cup), with extra games (eg the Munster hurling championship in 1998 had 5 games, this year there are 11). 

It is not possible that all these games, or even all the good games, or all the games involving the current All Ireland champions in either code can be shown free to air.

Between RTE, BBC, TG4, GAAGO, Clubber (and potentially others) there are now nearly more games available to view than there are hours in the day.

The Cork Limerick thing is just a populist bandwagon, however in all the noise I would agree with Donal Óg (never thought I would say that) in relation to the lesser hurling competitions and there coverage on the 2 main platforms, if the politicians were actually interested in hurling and its growth that's where they would be looking, I don't believe any hurling outside of the Liam McCarthy teams has been shown this year to date, that is a viable argument to get behind imo.

Tyrone Dreamer

Will they choose Dublin Roscommon over Louth Meath next week? Louth Meath looks like the more attractive fixture.

Gael85

Quote from: Rossfan on May 13, 2024, 11:51:45 AMPoliticians and jumping on bandwagon in public....

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41394022.html

Same politicians all gone quiet on Dee Forbes. 400k of invoices unaccounted for.