Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Angelo

Quote from: thebigfella on January 18, 2021, 03:08:58 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 02:53:41 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 18, 2021, 02:51:30 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 02:47:32 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 17, 2021, 09:23:39 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 02:42:11 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 17, 2021, 02:35:33 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 01:03:21 PM

What is the reason for someone under 40 in good health to get the vaccine? There is absolutely no upside to it as far as I can see.
Basic regard for one's own health

Basic regard for the health of their loved ones

Basic regard for the idea of society, and for humanity itself

A vaccine that has not been proven to either stop anyone contracting or transmitting the virus.

A virus which is not any sort of threat to anyone fit or unhealthy under the age of 40.

What's the upside? What you posted seem to be rather flimsy and ideological rather than based in reality and facts.

Big pharma will get very rich so maybe for their shareholders, that is an upside.

Not any sort of threat to anyone under 40? A friend of mine who is 38 has just come out of hospital after spending a week there. But aye, he was under no threat at all. Ejit.

I go on facts rather than anecdotal stories.

We have had 3 deaths in the u40 categories with close to 50k positive cases - that's a fact. 3 deaths in 9 months of the virus in the u40 category - how many deaths have we had from road traffic accidents in the same category in the same time? 56 people dead in 2020 in the O6 from road deaths, I can guarantee you there were more than 3 in the u40 category. Yet we accept road deaths as part of life.

We try to minimise them as much as possible though. Checks on cars via mot, drink driving laws, speed limits, age limits speedbelts etc. All those impact on our freedom to do what we want but our accepted as they help to save lives.

So we take half measures on road deaths but we go draconian on Covid.

If you're under 40 you're far more likely to die from a car crash than Covid. That is statistically proven in the O6.

I don't have figures but I'd say suicide impacted the u40 population more than Covid deaths in O6 too this year. Are we doing enough on suicide? Why does Covid trump all these other factors of death and quality of life in society?

So I refer to the earlier points, road accidents are not contagious.

Road accidents kill under 40s in multiples of what Covid has every year, that is statistically proven. We've had more u40s wiped out in one weekend this year in road accidents than we have had u40s killed in 9 months from Covid? So if road accidents are not contagious but yet kill around 10x that of u40s every year than Covid does, then why does contagion matter?

What you seem to be telling us is that road deaths don't matter, Covid deaths do.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:13:42 PM

What is the reason for someone under 40 in good health to get the vaccine? There is absolutely no upside to it as far as I can see.

A vaccine that has not been proven to either stop anyone contracting or transmitting the virus.

A virus which is not any sort of threat to anyone fit or unhealthy under the age of 40.

What's the upside? What you posted seem to be rather flimsy and ideological rather than based in reality and facts.

Big pharma will get very rich so maybe for their shareholders, that is an upside.

Not any sort of threat to anyone under 40? A friend of mine who is 38 has just come out of hospital after spending a week there. But aye, he was under no threat at all. Ejit.

We have had 3 deaths in the u40 categories with close to 50k positive cases - that's a fact. 3 deaths in 9 months of the virus in the u40 category - how many deaths have we had from road traffic accidents in the same category in the same time? 56 people dead in 2020 in the O6 from road deaths, I can guarantee you there were more than 3 in the u40 category. Yet we accept road deaths as part of life.

We try to minimise them as much as possible though. Checks on cars via mot, drink driving laws, speed limits, age limits speedbelts etc. All those impact on our freedom to do what we want but our accepted as they help to save lives.

If you're under 40 you're far more likely to die from a car crash than Covid. That is statistically proven in the O6.

I don't have figures but I'd say suicide impacted the u40 population more than Covid deaths in O6 too this year. Are we doing enough on suicide? Why does Covid trump all these other factors of death and quality of life in society?

Road accidents kill under 40s in multiples of what Covid has every year, that is statistically proven. We've had more u40s wiped out in one weekend this year in road accidents than we have had u40s killed in 9 months from Covid? So if road accidents are not contagious but yet kill around 10x that of u40s every year than Covid does, then why does contagion matter?

What you seem to be telling us is that road deaths don't matter, Covid deaths do.

Nope I clearly stating that road accidents are not contagious to point out its a false equvalience. You are inferring the rest.

Franko

65 year olds can't catch a fatal car crash from you

sid waddell

There's one poster here who is contagious to threads, resulting in them becoming car crashes

Angelo

Quote from: Franko on January 18, 2021, 03:18:03 PM

Yet u40s are more likely to die in a car crash than catching Covid from you.

So road deaths don't matter? Got ya.

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:45:16 PM

Where did he state that?

Angelo

Quote from: thebigfella on January 18, 2021, 03:46:40 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:45:16 PM

Where did he state that?

He didn't acknowledge that road deaths are more likely to kill u40s than Covid.

Can we all agree that statistically speaking road deaths are more likely to kill u40s than Covid?

sid waddell

A 53 year old mother of two died from Covid in Our Lady Of Lourdes in Drogheda yesterday

A lad not far down from me caught Covid before Christmas, and passed it on to his father, who has now died from it

Imagine thinking that 40 year olds carrying Covid around is just fine

Buy hey "focussed protection", "shielding", or some other ludicrous buzzword dreamt up by the psychopathic Sunetra Gupta

sid waddell

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on January 18, 2021, 03:48:34 PM

A 53 year old mother of two died from Covid in Our Lady Of Lourdes in Drogheda yesterday

A lad not far down from me caught Covid before Christmas, and passed it on to his father, who has now died from it

Imagine thinking that 40 year olds carrying Covid around is just fine

Buy hey "focussed protection", "shielding", or some other ludicrous buzzword dreamt up by the psychopathic Sunetra Gupta

And how will the vaccine solve that, Sid?

When I asked you that yesterday you started ranting about Putin, "I'm alright Jack" and conspiracy theories.

Hope you are actually able to come up with something that's not nonsense this time?

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:47:56 PM

Can we all agree that statistically speaking road deaths are more likely to kill u40s than Covid?

How can you agree that? They are false equivalences, road accidents (and resulting deaths) are not contagious.

tonto1888

Anecdotal story? Let me tell you this you condescending little p***k, that lad was on a ventilator for 4 days. His family thought he was on his way out. But yeah, keep spreading shite that covid is no risk to people under 40. Dickhead.

sid waddell

Quote from: thebigfella on January 18, 2021, 04:00:02 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:47:56 PM

How can you agree that? They are false equivalences, road accidents (and resulting deaths) are not contagious.
Angelo's argument is that we get around a certain number of road deaths per year, therefore we should allow drink driving, no seat belts, and have all cars without brakes

Angelo's logic holds that if we did that, road deaths would not increase

Angelo's logic is if somebody wants to drink drive home without a seat belt in a car with no brakes, that's fine, because that individual "is making the best decision for themselves, the individual"

Never mind that might crash into another car and kill a load of people, all that matter's is that individual's "personal utility"

This is what far right far right libertarian "logic" holds

And the anti-lockdown, anti-vaxx ideology is far right libertarian

It's the ideology of a psychopath

And people should not be politically correct and extend any undue respect to this psychopathy

We should say what it is - psychopathy

Keyser soze

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 18, 2021, 04:00:56 PM

Anecdotal story? Let me tell you this you condescending little p***k, that lad was on a ventilator for 4 days. His family thought he was on his way out. But yeah, keep spreading shite that covid is no risk to people under 40. Dickhead.

I'm talking about facts here, one of us being rational and you're being a hard man with bad manners, pathetic really.

Statistically Covid is no risk to under 40s, absolutle fact.