Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Milltown Row2

I love these comments where if you say it it's true and if someone else says it it's not true..

It really makes you right every time.

Old and vulnerable die due to taking vaccine wrong, old and vulnerable dying because of old age ok...

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 16, 2021, 10:19:43 PM
I love these comments where if you say it it's true and if someone else says it it's not true..

It really makes you right every time.

Old and vulnerable die due to taking vaccine wrong, old and vulnerable dying because of old age ok...

All I'm doing is applying your logic.

I would say those dying of the vaccine is due to bad health and old age, same as the vast, vast majority of Covid deaths.

Median age of the 60 deaths down South today was 85 yet don't dare say that they might dying due to old age and bad health, not Covid.

Yet when a vaccine kills them, ah it was old age and bad health which it was that killed him.

Complete and utter double standards from you guys, as usual.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

RedHand88

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 10:14:55 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 16, 2021, 10:09:50 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 09:57:57 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 16, 2021, 09:55:36 PM
Lads arguing over a scientifically proven vaccine on an Internet forum at 10pm on a Saturday night, pubs cant reopen quick enough!

Because big pharma would never do anything wrong? They would never endanger human life for profits?

Angelo, I've had the first dose of the vaccine, im the healthiest I've ever been.

Good for you.

But if you're under 40 then I don't think the vaccine really does anything for you.

0.008% fatality rate in 0-19s in the north so far.
0.006% fatality rate in 20-39 in the north so far.

I am under 40, but I'm in regular contact with people who are over 40, not least members of my family. Is not a good idea for me to get it for them?

Angelo

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 16, 2021, 11:01:45 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 10:14:55 PM
Lads arguing over a scientifically proven vaccine on an Internet forum at 10pm on a Saturday night, pubs cant reopen quick enough!

Because big pharma would never do anything wrong? They would never endanger human life for profits?

Angelo, I've had the first dose of the vaccine, im the healthiest I've ever been.

Good for you.

But if you're under 40 then I don't think the vaccine really does anything for you.

0.008% fatality rate in 0-19s in the north so far.
0.006% fatality rate in 20-39 in the north so far.

I am under 40, but I'm in regular contact with people who are over 40, not least members of my family. Is not a good idea for me to get it for them?

No evidence to suggest that the vaccine stops you contracting the virus or spreading it. All that the trials say is that it reduces the symptoms you get from Covid.

Rossfan

You're only saying that to wind up Angeloballoon.
You probably won't last till morning...

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 16, 2021, 06:39:46 PM
Can't wait to take vaccine next week, think it's a game changer.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.livemint.com/news/world/norway-warns-of-vaccination-risks-for-sick-patients-after-23-people-die/amp-11610778473019.html

Maybe not giving it to frail and sick patients is the way forward. If you read the whole article it'll give a proper insight to these deaths.

If you read the headline (like the Karen's of this world) then you're dumb
That was the import of the Bloomberg article  linked and quoted earlier,  why did you not read that? Fooled by the headline of Angelo?
Are you as dumb as the Karen's of this world?  :D

23 elderly  frail people dying a premature or accelerated death immediately after vaccine intake, in Norway a country which has a proven excellent record in managing their nursing homes in times of crises, is no small event. Healthy people can handle a vaccine ill effect  but  it is the height of medical incompetence/quackery to administer the vaccine  to the  very  frail elderly  when any one of the 10 main vaccine ill effects can kill that person.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 10:13:21 PM
How many of the most at risk did they vaccinate? Giving me a figure? Or is it that you do not have a clue about that and you are making massive assumptions and trying to then, disingenuously pass them as factual and linking them to a quote that does not in anyway support your assumptions.

How many of the 33k vaccinations in Norway were given to those in the most at risk category? Give him a figure, a % or round figure will do? I've asked you this before but I think the reason you have neglected to answer this is because you have said something that you don't actually know.

I don't have to give you anything more than the square root of f**k all.

You were quick to label the vaccine as a disaster based on sketchy data - whereas I turned that same sketchy data right around and demolished your "argument" such as it was.

The vast majority of vaccinations seem to be given to healthcare workers. I know the figures down south on the vaccination during the week said that 90% of vaccines administered were given to front line health care workers with the remaining 10% to those in nursing homes.

For the 3rd or 4th time - read what YOUR article said you retard. It talked about those AT RISK IF THEY GET IT.

That is not healthcare workers.

... and last time I checked, Norway was not "down south"

So address the question, if you don't know say so and then retract the misleading comment you made.

Your some boy to be talking about misleading comments.
i usse an speelchekor

Angelo

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 17, 2021, 12:17:56 PM
How many of the most at risk did they vaccinate? Giving me a figure? Or is it that you do not have a clue about that and you are making massive assumptions and trying to then, disingenuously pass them as factual and linking them to a quote that does not in anyway support your assumptions.

How many of the 33k vaccinations in Norway were given to those in the most at risk category? Give him a figure, a % or round figure will do? I've asked you this before but I think the reason you have neglected to answer this is because you have said something that you don't actually know.

I don't have to give you anything more than the square root of f**k all.

You were quick to label the vaccine as a disaster based on sketchy data - whereas I turned that same sketchy data right around and demolished your "argument" such as it was.

The vast majority of vaccinations seem to be given to healthcare workers. I know the figures down south on the vaccination during the week said that 90% of vaccines administered were given to front line health care workers with the remaining 10% to those in nursing homes.

For the 3rd or 4th time - read what YOUR article said you retard. It talked about those AT RISK IF THEY GET IT.

That is not healthcare workers.

... and last time I checked, Norway was not "down south"

So address the question, if you don't know say so and then retract the misleading comment you made.

Your some boy to be talking about misleading comments.

Did I label the vaccine a disaster? No.

Did I point out that the vaccine seems to have a similar impact on the elderly and vulnerable that Covid does? Yes.

The fact that both the vaccine and Covid only seem to adversely impact people who are elderly and in bad health should be something that is noted.

In the north there have been around 50k positive cases of people under 40 having Covid and 3 deaths in that age group i. This virus clear as day is not any threat to the u40 demograph unless you have severe underlying health conditions.

Yet the spin is Covid kills the elderly and vulnerable.

But when it's the vaccine that is the problem, it's because they are elderly and vulnerable.

What's the end game here? What are we protecting ourselves from with the vaccine?

What is the reason for someone under 40 in good health to get the vaccine? There is absolutely no upside to it as far as I can see.

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 01:03:21 PM

What is the reason for someone under 40 in good health to get the vaccine? There is absolutely no upside to it as far as I can see.
Basic regard for one's own health

Basic regard for the health of their loved ones

Basic regard for the idea of society, and for humanity itself

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on January 17, 2021, 02:35:33 PM

A vaccine that has not been proven to either stop anyone contracting or transmitting the virus.

A virus which is not any sort of threat to anyone fit or unhealthy under the age of 40.

What's the upside? What you posted seem to be rather flimsy and ideological rather than based in reality and facts.

Big pharma will get very rich so maybe for their shareholders, that is an upside.

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 02:42:11 PM

A vaccine that has not been proven to either stop anyone contracting or transmitting the virus.

A virus which is not any sort of threat to anyone fit or unhealthy under the age of 40.

What's the upside? What you posted seem to be rather flimsy and ideological rather than based in reality and facts.

Big pharma will get very rich so maybe for their shareholders, that is an upside.
This is the "I'm Alright, Jack" ideology taken to its logical conclusion, mixed in crackpot conspiracy theorising for good measure

It is the Putin-esque world of ultra-cynicism, "there is no truth", "what is truth?"

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on January 17, 2021, 02:53:58 PM

This is the "I'm Alright, Jack" ideology taken to its logical conclusion, mixed in crackpot conspiracy theorising for good measure

It is the Putin-esque world of ultra-cynicism, "there is no truth", "what is truth?"

You've just posted a post referencing "I'm alright Jack", Putin and conspiracy theories because you can't explain an upside to a vaccine that has not been shown to stop a person contracting or transmitting the virus and where the virus has a fatality rate of 0.008% in under 20s and 0.006% in people 19-39. In Norway we then find out the vaccine is helping to kill off the elderly and vulnerable.

They are facts, you can't ackowledge them so it's your cocktail of conspiracy theories, Putin and "I'm alright Jack". You'll generally find the people must impacted by lockdowns are not the "I'm alright Jack" types, they are the working class people.

thebigfella

The neighbour is 32 and in hospital. Both him and the girlfriend tested positive, not sure where she is, but they both been flouting the guidelines from March. Fond of the parties and gathering etc...

It's likely no threat to his mortality but it's a bed he's taking up in hospital from someone who may need it, and extra pressure not needed on the health service all because of the above attitude. Big picture completely missed again.

sid waddell

Economist Stephen Kinsella this morning said that there is no trade off between public health and economic health - that the two are complementary

Get your public health right and economic health flows from that

This has been obvious from day one

The people who suffer most from public health being fucked are the vulnerable - the poor, the working class, the elderly, the sick

The exact people that Angelo and Julia Hartley-Brewer and Toby Young and other crackpots he gets his opinions from are happy to throw under the bus

What Angelo says could come straight from the mouth of Julia Hartley-Brewer, who flew off to Antigua for a holiday at Christmas

She's alright, Jack

Right-wing political correctness says we cannot, we should not call these people what they are

But we should

They are psychopaths

Angelo

Quote from: thebigfella on January 17, 2021, 03:07:00 PM

The neighbour is 32 and in hospital. Both him and the girlfriend tested positive, not sure where she is, but they both been flouting the guidelines from March. Fond of the parties and gathering etc...

It's likely no threat to his mortality but it's a bed he's taking up in hospital from someone who may need it, and extra pressure not needed on the health service all because of the above attitude. Big picture completely missed again.

And if someone who is involved in a road traffic accident takes up a hospital bed?

Missing the big picture again.