Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

reddgnhand

20 points behind , 7 wins in 22 , 4 league games without a win & 3 losses in a row against rangers . Would he even be welcome back in Lurgan?

JimStynes

Quote from: reddgnhand on January 20, 2021, 10:38:20 PM
20 points behind , 7 wins in 22 , 4 league games without a win & 3 losses in a row against rangers . Would he even be welcome back in Lurgan?

illdecide would keep him warm!  ;)

MoChara

The only good thing that came out of last night was hearing the Tony Macaroni Arena being called the Spaghettihad

trailer

Shane Duffy definitely having the worst period of his life. Imagine signing for your boyhood club, primed to do a 10 in a row and then producing those performances. Man has no shame.

marty34

It was a Livingston reserve team last night as they rested 7 or 8 guys for the weekend.

Lennon coming out saying we're not "in crisis" or "a shambles".

He really is out of touch with reality.  He's an arrogant lad, that's for sure.

Where is the Jan. review that was promised?

I wonder, in hindsight, would Lennon have walked in Oct?  His reputation is in tatters and he'll hardly get a job in football after all this.

He'll hardly get a gig on tv either you'd think as he's found out to be clueless tactically etc. 

I would to hear from current players what happens at training and behind the scenes etc.  We'll not hear, but in a year or two, it'd be interesting to see what the set up was behind the scenes.

clarshack

Quote from: marty34 on January 21, 2021, 09:53:46 AM
It was a Livingston reserve team last night as they rested 7 or 8 guys for the weekend.

I wonder, in hindsight, would Lennon have walked in Oct?  His reputation is in tatters and he'll hardly get a job in football after all this.

He'll hardly get a gig on tv either you'd think as he's found out to be clueless tactically etc. 

I would to hear from current players what happens at training and behind the scenes etc.  We'll not hear, but in a year or two, it'd be interesting to see what the set up was behind the scenes.

The absolute latest he should have been manager was the 4-1 hammering at home to Sparta Prague in early November. If a new manager was in place even then (not John Kennedy) i've no doubt Celtic would still be right in contention for the league.

Milltown Row2

One bad season in ten? Christ the night, you lot are getting on like Madrid looking to get rid of ZZ !

They won the triple quadruple and that's never been done, the hype of the 10 in a row seems to have clouded the heads somewhat

There hasn't been a creditable team in those ten years until now that has actually challenged Celtic, seems the owners have coasted a bit and while Lennon seems to be taking a lot of flack, no doubt some of it warranted, the players and owners have to take some blame also.

Having a ding dong league surely is more exciting than the previous 9 titles
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on January 21, 2021, 09:52:34 AM
Shane Duffy definitely having the worst period of his life. Imagine signing for your boyhood club, primed to do a 10 in a row and then producing those performances. Man has no shame.

I feel so bad for Duffy that it hasn't worked out for him. Needs to be let fob along with any other loanees.

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2021, 11:17:41 AM
One bad season in ten? Christ the night, you lot are getting on like Madrid looking to get rid of ZZ !

They won the triple quadruple and that's never been done, the hype of the 10 in a row seems to have clouded the heads somewhat

There hasn't been a creditable team in those ten years until now that has actually challenged Celtic, seems the owners have coasted a bit and while Lennon seems to be taking a lot of flack, no doubt some of it warranted, the players and owners have to take some blame also.

There's no excitement in a ding dong or wanting the manager sacked. And the board are getting w lot of stick from fans. A lot of the stick Lennon is getting is warranted alright. I'm not on bird with the personal abuse though that some favour

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2021, 11:17:41 AM

Agree MR

My question is - why have they not splashed cash on new players to rectify the problems?
They needed 3 stellar signings in August, to refresh the squad. 9iar team needed fresh legs and ideas, but also to raise the level of competition.
It will be a long drudge to end of season now

MoChara

Big results of the review to come out in the next week or so just in time for the transfer window to close.

https://twitter.com/CelticFCSLO/status/1352198502223380480

Main Street

Quote from: MoChara on January 21, 2021, 01:29:12 PM

Big results of the review to come out in the next week or so just in time for the transfer window to close.

https://twitter.com/CelticFCSLO/status/1352198502223380480
As befitting the tone of the season of denial and shame, the review comes out to close the stable door after the horses have bolted.

JimStynes

Anyone get the WhatsApp saying Eddie Howe is going to be announced as manager next week. Finalising Lennon severance package at the minute. Not sure if he will be the right man or not. I'd rather someone higher profile and with European experience. But then again, who's going to want the job ffs.

screenexile

I actually think Howe is exactly what Celtic need. He has a philosophy and style of play and his players work hard for him.

Gerrard isn't hanging about up there so Howe will have a chance at winning a good few titles on the trot. Howe should be more than capable of building a reasonable run out of the group stages of the Europa League which is about as much as Celtic can expect really.

marty34

Quote from: JimStynes on January 21, 2021, 10:15:02 PM
Anyone get the WhatsApp saying Eddie Howe is going to be announced as manager next week. Finalising Lennon severance package at the minute. Not sure if he will be the right man or not. I'd rather someone higher profile and with European experience. But then again, who's going to want the job ffs.

Lawell needs to go too.

No good him still being there  - sticking his nose in the football side of things.