Official Wicklow GAA Thread

Started by Eastern_Pride, August 10, 2009, 12:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eastern_Pride

We seem under-represented here so we finally have one.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Tomorrow is another day

Eastern_Pride

Denn Forever

Hope Wicklow is here for the long haul, as long as you don't beat us.  Any word on whether Micko is staying ? And if not, have you anybody in the wings?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

western exile

I am glad to see this thread started. 
As I walked up the street in Aughrim a few weeks ago, shortly after my county had been beaten by Wicklow, my sorrow / anger was lessened when I saw the excitment of the locals. Young boys couldn't stop chatting about it.  A young girl was talking on her mobile, taking her friend through every ball of the last few minutes, including Hannons 45 to win it.  And it struck me that, even though my county had lost, our association had gained. So I smiled to myself, and whispered those immortal words, "next year!"
Long may this thread last  :)

Highlander3

I agree with Western Exile, while it was tough to see Down lose, i was glad for Wicklow

Trevor Hill

I have to say I have never met a nicer bunch of people than those who were in Aughrim when Wicklow beat Down. Hopefully Micko will stay on and at least get them out of Division 4 next year. Anything after that will be a bonus. Saw the great Paul McGrath at the game and also saw a black man wearing a Down jersey for the first time. Don't think he is a regular at Down games but it was nice to see.

Tomorrow is another day

Wicklow is a tremendous GAA county with many very genuine GAA people.

The club structure is strong if not a little raucous at times but the vast majority of people have a deep true interest in the games.

I would love to see them do well but they need to consider life after Micko. They need to build on this interestand not cave in on themselves as has happened in Laois

Eastern_Pride

First Round of the Championship gone no great surprises Rathnew and St.Pats impressive the rest of those challenging not so much so...
Leighton Glynn played at full forward against Hollywodd and played a blinder got 5 points.
Division 3 here we come!

western exile

Quote from: Tomorrow is another day on August 18, 2009, 11:03:26 AM
Wicklow is a tremendous GAA county with many very genuine GAA people.

The club structure is strong if not a little raucous at times but the vast majority of people have a deep true interest in the games.

I would love to see them do well but they need to consider life after Micko. They need to build on this interestand not cave in on themselves as has happened in Laois
I am not sure about that :)   I think that this year there are more Wicklow people taking an interest in GAA for the first time.  That can only be a good thing.

Eastern_Pride

Jaysus tis typical of Wicklow that Rathnew got one of the hardest draws this year. Still Ballyboden look beatalike they could be in for a scalp and Glynn and Stafford have had magnificent seasons.....dark horse for the whole thing? Ye never know with Wicklow........