Sam Maguire 2024 Group 1 - Galway, Armagh, Derry, Westmeath

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 13, 2024, 01:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: screenexile on May 16, 2024, 09:47:58 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 16, 2024, 09:42:28 PMJust Padraig McGrogan that featured in the match against Galway in the league game not named on that Derry 26 and he's replaced by McKinless. A depleted side and potential injury crisis?

Loughlin and Murphy seem to be injured as well. 3 U20s named,  our bench isn't just as strong as it seemed during the league.

I hope McEvoy is fit but Harte likes to name bullshit teams so we'll find out on Saturday evening!

Danny McDermott, Ruairi Forbes and who else? were they on the senior panel already this year or added to the panel since the U20 Ulster final defeat.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

screenexile

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 16, 2024, 10:23:56 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 16, 2024, 09:47:58 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 16, 2024, 09:42:28 PMJust Padraig McGrogan that featured in the match against Galway in the league game not named on that Derry 26 and he's replaced by McKinless. A depleted side and potential injury crisis?

Loughlin and Murphy seem to be injured as well. 3 U20s named,  our bench isn't just as strong as it seemed during the league.

I hope McEvoy is fit but Harte likes to name bullshit teams so we'll find out on Saturday evening!

Danny McDermott, Ruairi Forbes and who else? were they on the senior panel already this year or added to the panel since the U20 Ulster final defeat.

Sorry you're right only 2 got Mark and Oisin Doherty mixed up!

Wildweasel74

McDermott some player but only 18, Some men dropped earlier in the year and should been kept. Some other lads left. Bench weak enough compared to, if they had the pick of all players in the county who could commit.That weakness probably cost us down the line. Forbes played a game in the McKenna Cup.

onefineday

Quote from: NotedObserver on May 16, 2024, 07:08:37 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 16, 2024, 05:31:43 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on May 16, 2024, 03:21:02 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 16, 2024, 02:21:28 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on May 16, 2024, 09:46:58 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 16, 2024, 08:33:34 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 15, 2024, 06:44:38 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on May 15, 2024, 01:53:39 PMNo version of Derry has ever beaten Galway in championship, you can be sure that will be a factor on saturday.

Janey, even Armagh has beaten Galway.

Derry wans trying their hand at the cute hoorism here? Sure Derry were in the big three talk with Dublin and Kerry not just a few weeks ago.

I would be more confident going to Kerry or Dublin and getting a result than I am about saturday due to our previous with Galway.

Out of those 3 Galway would be the 1 to choose on the road.  This history v Galway will have no baring at all on Sat. I'd say at most 2 Derry players played in 2015 and will be involved on Sat. Pretty much all of them beat Galway in Salthill in March.

They bate us out the gate 2 years ago in AI SF in CP when most of this team were playing.

And a league result in March will have no bearing esp as Galway had so many out injured at that time.

PS I sincerely hope you are right.

This was much more defensive orientated Derry team in their 2nd year of development. The better team in the first half, beat by 5 after gifting Galway 6 points. Mayo v Donegal in 2013,now that was a team beat out the gate.

Again, playing Galway in Salthill, with this version of Derry will have much less a baring on this game than a potential injury crisis

Derry got a last minute goal to make the scoreboard respectable
Galway got a point tagged on at a half time in ridiculous fashion, granted, the rules didn't cover the scenario, but I'll never forget the look of confusion and disbelief on Glass's face as the point was added.
That a referee in a field sport would retrospectively make a change without resetting the clock to the point in time when the incident occurred is beyond belief imo. In hindsight, we were probably better off missing out on that all Ireland final, it might have done more harm than good!