Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrollysArmy

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on September 27, 2019, 04:11:29 PM
To insure that both Charities maximise the opportunity the County should let them do the gate themselves, I'm sure EG has had enough to fill as many of those envelopes he likes at this stage.

Have you proof of that? If not I think it's unfair to out someone in a public forum like this.

Player welfare or whatever reasons given, any player could miss a 21 yard free in the last kick of a game as previously highlighted. The game should've ended on the night, my opinion, bit know we have a rescheduled county final that two weeks ago couldn't be rescheduled...

delgany

Quote from: AntrimRealist on September 27, 2019, 03:25:09 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on September 27, 2019, 03:14:31 PM
Shocking intervention. But sure as long as no-one on the teams disagreed  ::) Whats the point of having rules if some lad with an ego can just overwrite them when he feels like it? They all signed up to it, if they need changed (and I'm not a fan of the rule), then there's a process to do that, the same process that set them. Unbelievable to see him striding in to call a halt  :-[
100%.Especially since it was Antrim's own bye laws that created the problem in the first place!

The kicking competition was created by Central Council not Antrim CCC

imtommygunn

Tight junior final by the looks of it. Two point win for Lisburn. Fair play to them. Good to see a strengthening GAA presence there.

bannside

Thanks to all who came our and supported our club tribute day in memory of Paul Mc Keever. It was a resounding success with Pauls team coming out on top of Glen Maghera in an exciting final. There wasnt a dry eye in the house...Glen hit the post and the crossbar but on the day that was in it there was only going to be one winner. Fair play to County Chairman and esteemed PRO Sean Kelly for making the trip to Portglenone to lend their support for a very worthy cause.

Earlier in the day our senior reserves won their championship to get the day off to a good start. Home and hosed as they say, the excitement building nicely around the town once more for the next installment of RC v LD (Version 3) on Monday night!

delgany

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 28, 2019, 05:20:19 PM
Tight junior final by the looks of it. Two point win for Lisburn. Fair play to them. Good to see a strengthening GAA presence there.
28 years after last junior win , after two loses in the final , st Patrick's won the JFC, after a hard fought game against Ardoyne, with 14 men for over 50 mins

saffman

What are the thoughts of a Div 2 team winning junior championship?

Alot was made of St endas playing intermediate last year, surely this is the exact same?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: saffman on September 30, 2019, 10:16:04 AM

Alot was made of St endas playing intermediate last year, surely this is the exact same?

they were relegated with 1 victory in 16 games so they are a junior team really, that's their level
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Belfast GAA man

I wonder whats the plan tonight if draw after ET?

Pearse Blue

Calm Down

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 30, 2019, 12:31:39 PM

God only knows, surely they cannot revert to a free kick/penalty scenario as the auspice of Mental Health and player welfare was used as the reason for halting it on Thursday night, has the County Chairman provided a rod for his own back or metaphorically tied the hands of the CCCC???

Jeepers Creepers

paddyjohn

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on September 30, 2019, 12:51:08 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 30, 2019, 12:34:19 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 30, 2019, 12:31:39 PM
Headers and Volleys

Jack change it. Best out of three.

A sprint through Harryville in their GAA tops..

Mhic Easmuint

saffman

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 30, 2019, 10:27:40 AM
Quote from: saffman on September 30, 2019, 10:16:04 AM

they were relegated with 1 victory in 16 games so they are a junior team really, that's their level

They entered junior championship prior to the league starting?

Based on your reply its okay to enter a lower competition if your expecting to be relegated?

Its a largely similar situation to that of st endas last year just differing in that st endas avoided relegation

Im not criticising nor defending either team but just asking the question as to what is the black and white lines regards entering championship tiers?

outinfront

Championship to be aligned with league positions from next season is that correct?