Early Loan Settlement

Started by girt_giggler, February 28, 2008, 11:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

Took a loan out around this time last year with repayments over a 2 year period. I am now in a position to repay remainder of the loan & contacted the bank who gave me a settlement figure.  They said I had to put this in writing. what exactly do i say on this letter or is there an example of a draft letter online anywhere?

Bud Wiser

Ring the bank back and tell them you have been talking to the Financial Regulator and that it is they who are obliged to put the settlement figure in writing to you under the Finance Act and that the phone call you are making constitutes a request for them to do so.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Candyman

Correct!!! Ring them back and tell them you would like a settlement figure posted to your registered address. When you get this then its just a matter of sending the cheque to them and requesting confirmation of the paid amount!!!!

Tyrone lady

i took out one with NIIB just over a year ago and then had funds to pay it all of, i simply rang them with my agreement number and they gave me settlement figure over the phone. I sent this to them in form of a cheque and they confirmed receipt and that was that.

Chrisowc

Sounds like you got someone who couldn't be arsed to do any work.

They don't post here by any chance ;D
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

gawa316

Not under topic I know but anyone any idea to claim back an old pension?

In my last job I was on a pension scheme and must have a right few grand in it.

Do I have to wait til I'm 60+ or are there any loop holes?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: gawa316 on February 28, 2008, 03:37:01 PM

Ye gotta wait! - Though I think there are firms who will buy it off you!

I'm sure the Money Saving Expert could help!

gawa316

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on February 28, 2008, 03:56:25 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on February 28, 2008, 03:37:01 PM

Ye gotta wait! - Though I think there are firms who will buy it off you!

I'm sure the Money Saving Expert could help!

Cheers I give it a try

imtommygunn

Assuming you have another pension you should be fit to transfer the balance should you not?

gawa316

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 28, 2008, 04:19:56 PM
Assuming you have another pension you should be fit to transfer the balance should you not?

I didn't take the option for pension as it is only a short term contract and the money is better off in my pocket at the minute btu yeah thats what I would have done.

Not that I am but if say you had to declare bankruptcy or something like that. Is there no way to get hold of it, cause after all it is your money

quit yo jibbajabba

gawa;
if you had less than 2 years worth of contributions you can get it all back i believe; other than i think you could be stuck with it till age 50 at least; not necessarily a bad thing, as at least ye have a bit of a retirement plan growing for you;

need any other info pm me, not that im an expert mind!!