Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Will the game be televised and if so, will it be RTE or Sky that will carry it?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 28, 2018, 10:46:13 PM
Will the game be televised and if so, will it be RTE or Sky that will carry it?

Sky
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Lar Naparka

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Dire Ear

Jinxy

Today's media narrative basically seems to be, 'The county board screwed Kildare fans because none of them can get tickets now. Hah!'
Eh, we all knew it would pan out like this, people were willing to forego attending the game if it meant retaining home advantage.
The GAA hacks haven't covered themselves in glory this week.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on June 29, 2018, 09:36:40 AM
Today's media narrative basically seems to be, 'The county board screwed Kildare fans because none of them can get tickets now. Hah!'
Eh, we all knew it would pan out like this, people were willing to forego attending the game if it meant retaining home advantage.
The GAA hacks haven't covered themselves in glory this week.
I bet Newbridge gets decent development money in the near future. The fact that it is so run down is a weakness for the GAA suits. And with the Super 8 around Kildare could be in it regularly

highorlow

QuoteI bet Newbridge gets decent development money in the near future.

?

I would have thought the opposite. I'm sure they were offered a large wedge earlier this week already by HQ to move or stick with Croke Park.

I hear that Kildare County board are now on their own with this match insurance wise, organization wise and the rest.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

seafoid

Quote from: highorlow on June 29, 2018, 09:49:56 AM

?

I would have thought the opposite. I'm sure they were offered a large wedge earlier this week already by HQ to move or stick with Croke Park.

I hear that Kildare County board are now on their own with this match insurance wise, organization wise and the rest.
The GAA has an attendances problem. It doesn't make sense to shaft Kildare given the state of Leinster football.
Just looking at the Super 8s how many of the last 4 will be any good ? 

highorlow

QuoteIt doesn't make sense to shaft Kildare

That word doesn't apply in HQ
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on June 29, 2018, 09:56:20 AM

?

The GAA has an attendances problem. It doesn't make sense to shaft Kildare given the state of Leinster football.
Just looking at the Super 8s how many of the last 4 will be any good ?

It *always* makes sense to shaft Kildare.

Dinny Breen

?

If only the gardai in Kildare had the experience of Punchestown Races, Oxygen, Ryder Cups, Irish Open, Curragh Races, Motor Racing etc etc to call upon.

It's not Kildare's first rodeo. Newbridge could hold over 15K before H&$ kicked in.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 29, 2018, 10:13:35 AM

?

If only the gardai in Kildare had the experience of Punchestown Races, Oxygen, Ryder Cups, Irish Open, Curragh Races, Motor Racing etc etc to call upon.

It's not Kildare's first rodeo. Newbridge could hold over 15K before H&$ kicked in.

You just had to throw in a horse analogy.