Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Just thought we needed a thread to keep up with who's been cancelled now... I've only been following closely the last 2 weeks

At the minute I have:

Jk Rowling
Joe Rogan

Is there anyone else I'm missing?

GetOverTheBar

Poor Katie Hopkins got cancelled from twitter.

J70

What did Joe Rogan do or say?

shark

Quote from: screenexile on June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM
Just thought we needed a thread to keep up with who's been cancelled now... I've only been following closely the last 2 weeks

At the minute I have:

Jk Rowling
Joe Rogan

When you have Rowling's wealth you are "uncancellable".
She has "F##k you" money. She doesn't need to care about what anybody outside of her friends and family think.
Hopkins however needs to remain in the public eye, as it's her source of income.

Kidder81

Quote from: shark on June 20, 2020, 12:14:22 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

At the minute I have:

Jk Rowling
Joe Rogan

When you have Rowling's wealth you are "uncancellable".
She has "F##k you" money. She doesn't need to care about what anybody outside of her friends and family think.
Hopkins however needs to remain in the public eye, as it's her source of income.

Yeah not sure Rowling will give a f**k what the Twitter bubble thinks

BennyCake

LeoMc

Cecil Rhodes
Edward Coulston
Fawlty towers
Little Britain

JohnDenver

Looks like the CEO of crossfit can be added to the list:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/20/style/greg-glassman-crossfit-sexism.html

There seems to be a few Irish Comedians (not that i've heard of them) getting outed due their past behaviours on twitter over the weekend also.

gallsman

CrossFit guy resigned/was forced out a few weeks ago after it emerged he's a racist p***k. Hundreds of affiliated gyms worldwide left them and Reebok pulled their global sponsorship. Now this new stuff over the weekend. I wouldn't consider it him getting cancelled rather than getting his just desserts.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: gallsman on June 22, 2020, 12:33:38 PM
CrossFit guy resigned/was forced out a few weeks ago after it emerged he's a racist p***k. Hundreds of affiliated gyms worldwide left them and Reebok pulled their global sponsorship. Now this new stuff over the weekend. I wouldn't consider it him getting cancelled rather than getting his just desserts.

He still owns the company.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: JohnDenver on June 22, 2020, 10:36:40 AM
Looks like the CEO of crossfit can be added to the list:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/20/style/greg-glassman-crossfit-sexism.html

There seems to be a few Irish Comedians (not that i've heard of them) getting outed due their past behaviours on twitter over the weekend also.

and some Irish musicians if you believe the accusations on Twitter.

Milltown Row2

Nothing like a good aul which hunt..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Trawling through historical tweets and comments, trying to get people cancelled, really makes the "liberal left" look terribly petty and vindictive.Trump supporters feed off this crap. Deal with the big picture and educate people, rather than being an online loser trying to get someone's livelihood removed.