Colm Parkinson/The GAA Hour

Started by gallsman, November 09, 2020, 10:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 10, 2020, 02:09:54 AM
The microphone is never off. Ever.

Brennan freely chose to say what he said in a recording studio so is far from blameless. He is a guard so if anyone should get the idea that what you say in a room with a recording device can be used against you he should. Was he not caught up in some controversy about his gob and a tape recording?

But Parkinson is an absolute snake for runnimg with it. And he did, there was no mistake.

He clearly says this is off the record
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 10, 2020, 08:45:57 AM

Brennan freely chose to say what he said in a recording studio so is far from blameless. He is a guard so if anyone should get the idea that what you say in a room with a recording device can be used against you he should. Was he not caught up in some controversy about his gob and a tape recording?

But Parkinson is an absolute snake for runnimg with it. And he did, there was no mistake.

There is no such thing when being interviewed

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 10, 2020, 09:39:38 AM

What a ridiculous statement

Lots of people will say stuff off the record that they don't want aired. Interviewers agree to that because they want the inside track.
How many people will speak to Wholly now off the record? I'll give you a hint, it's less than one

Cavan19

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 10, 2020, 08:45:03 AM
Quote from: gallsman on November 10, 2020, 12:22:22 AM
He's a p***k and always has been. Thick as pig shit as well. Over inflated sense of both his abilities as a footballer and his intelligence. Shit hair too.

He labels himself as the "presenter/producer/researcher" of the show. He can't hide behind wine unpaid intern sound engineer.

100% agree, I dated a girl for a while who ran in the same social circles. Thick as a ditch but thought he was Einstein

Did she have a willy?

gallsman

Quote from: Cavan19 on November 10, 2020, 10:16:17 AM
He's a p***k and always has been. Thick as pig shit as well. Over inflated sense of both his abilities as a footballer and his intelligence. Shit hair too.

He labels himself as the "presenter/producer/researcher" of the show. He can't hide behind wine unpaid intern sound engineer.

100% agree, I dated a girl for a while who ran in the same social circles. Thick as a ditch but thought he was Einstein

Did she have a willy?

Hi Colm.

Shamrock Shore

TBH I had forgotten Wolly was even still broadcasting. Never had much time for him.

Once an interviewee says off the record then that's it. Eddie Brennan is not a lad I'd like to cross.

Hope Wolly's tyre thread is within the regulations. That is if he can drive!

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 10, 2020, 09:50:12 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 10, 2020, 09:39:38 AM

What a ridiculous statement

Lots of people will say stuff off the record that they don't want aired. Interviewers agree to that because they want the inside track.
How many people will speak to Wholly now off the record? I'll give you a hint, it's less than one

First rule of media work. The mic is never off. He put himself in a position that Wolly could air his comments. Which he did

MoChara

I think it's pretty obvious and it will be especially so to Eddie today that you shouldn't put yourself in the position where you could be left red faced like this.

Eddie was naïve and I think woolys just every bit the snake he always seemed.

Cavan19

Quote from: gallsman on November 10, 2020, 10:54:02 AM
Quote from: Cavan19 on November 10, 2020, 10:16:17 AM

Did she have a willy?

Hi Colm.

Was that his name?

GetOverTheBar

I'd say Wooly has got plenty of off the record stuff over the years, this looks like a chance to sink the boot into the Laois CB that was taken.

Strange for him though, you have to wonder who......if anyone will now go on the line with him to give him anything half decent.

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on November 09, 2020, 10:51:36 PM
Was the sound engineers fault... both Wooly and Brennan's reputations are in tatters how can Laois keep Brennan on after that??

Proprietors of Joe.ie facing fraud allegations too not a good look!
How can they keep him? They should be listening to what he said and doing everything they can to keep him.
He has been brilliant for Laois hurling.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mayo4Sam

Was the sound engineers fault... both Wooly and Brennan's reputations are in tatters how can Laois keep Brennan on after that??

What's the fraud allegations?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: laoislad on November 10, 2020, 12:10:22 PM

How can they keep him? They should be listening to what he said and doing everything they can to keep him.
He has been brilliant for Laois hurling.

Because thats how it works

sid waddell

Could be any number of posters here so

gallsman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 10, 2020, 12:40:54 PM

What's the fraud allegations?

They lost a whole bunch of advertisers a couple of years ago after they were found to be using a Russian (I think) clickfarm to inflate their viewer statistics.

McGarry tried to claim it was a rogue individual, the Nick Lesson of JOE if you will. I think the holding company, Maximum Media, has subsequently filed for bankruptcy, with McGarry claiming that the mainstream media are out to get them because of how they're market disruptors, rather than just a bunch of shysters.