Connacht Minor, U-20 and Junior championships 2020

Started by Farrandeelin, April 25, 2018, 08:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

I hope they are using this one as a training session for playing Roscommon..

Blowitupref

Just the two scores for Leitrim 2nd half who played most of that half with 14 men. Leitrim goal keeper in top form saved a number of goal opportunities including a penalty.. FT Mayo 1-24 Leitrim 1-3.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

galwayman

Galway 4-1 up after 10 minutes.
But down to 14 players. Straight red card.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on June 09, 2018, 04:14:19 PM

O'Laoi straight red. Up against it now with only 14 for that long.

Syferus

Quote from: galwayman on June 09, 2018, 04:14:19 PM

Level at the half. This is the crack of light the lads would have been hoping for. Make it count.

Blowitupref

Galway 0-5 Roscommon 0-5 at half time. Roscommon have lost their midfielder to injury who was MOTM in their last game.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Gwan Ruane ya big West Ros lump ya. Goal. Ros up 1-06 to 0-07.

Syferus

Ros up 1-10 to 0-09 with 7 to play. C'monnnnn.

Syferus

The Galway man with Willie today is nearly in tears. Not part of the plan. Ros five up with four minutes left. Galway down to 13 Roscommon 14.

GalwayBayBoy

O'Laoi's teammates won't want to see him for a while I'd say. Straight red card after 10 minutes when you are on top and leading by 3. Very likely cost his team the game. I remember something similiar happening with Michael Daly against Mayo a few years ago but that was much closer to half-time and 2 yellows rather than a straight red.

That said I'll wait until I see it though because have heard from a couple of people since that it should have been a yellow for a push in the chest rather than a red for a strike. Either way disappointing end for a Galway side whom with a full compliment of players would defnitely have had designs on maybe reaching the final again this year.

Blowitupref

Super result for the rossies were 9/2 before the game well done to them.

Orchard park

Successful Roscommon u21 teams always had an Elphin keeper.... pat Reynolds rip 1966 and Brendan Kenny 1978.......

Syferus

From what I saw in the first half last week this result is one of the most amazing in our recent underage history. Just an incredible level of grit and belief shown to go to Tuam and beat that Galway side. Cake pulled off both the ridiculous and the magnificent at underage himself and we've got a little bit of both already as manager.

What's to stop them doing it again at home?

Orchard park